- Accordia Life:
- How to do business with Accordia Life
Accordia will review the contracting process, how to access forms and materials, how to submit new business and website navigation.
- Accordia Life Product Portfolio
Learn about the products that will be available in the Accordia Life Product Portfolio. In addition, get details on our exciting, new underwriting program – Accordia Life Credits.
- American General:
- Accident & Health: Critical Care Plus
- Confident in Your Index UL Illustrated Rate?
At the heart of every index universal life insurance sale is the illustration, which features the much-debated illustrated rate. Ask yourself: What is your confidence level in your illustrated rate? What is your client’s confidence level? How does that confidence level vary based on your client’s needs and the products that you’re illustrating?
- Offering affordable & meaningful LTC coverage today
The Long Term Care insurance market is changing rapidly. Genworth has gathered a lot of claims and market research data that provide thought-provoking insights into some of those changes and what they mean for your business. Register now to learn ways to leverage Genworth’s market intelligence to help expand your customer base and grow your business.
- Minnesota Life:
- 15-minute sales strategy teleconference – every Wednesday at 10:00 AM
This 15-minute sales call includes a webinar component.
Dial-in Number: 1-800-910-2399 Passcode: 224032
- FATCA – effective July 1st
FATCA is a U.S. tax law enacted to combat tax evasion by U.S. taxpayers and to improve tax compliance. The FACTA requirements take effect on July 1, 2014.
- North American:
Social Media 102: Recruiting
This video explains how to use LinkedIn as an online search engine for agents. It also provides helpful instructions on how to draw agents in with carefully crafted language and how to make your company stand out among competitors.
If you are in need of prospecting materials for new or existing clients, this site is for you.
- Customize a term sale with AG Select-a-Term
Learn how AG Select-a-Term’s customizable term period allowed the client to buy only the exact coverage needed and save a significant amount over the life of the policy.
- Considering Index Universal Life insurance?
Read this sales concept to find out about how Index Universal Life insurance compares with Guaranteed Universal Life insurance to see which one may be a good fit for your clients.
- Help your clients start conversations that matter with updated materials
The updated Let’s Talk Life is written specifically for consumers, and is filled with updated information that highlights what life insurance can do – from providing death benefit protection to potentially generating supplemental retirement income.
- Thinking about linked benefits products? Total Living Coverage should be on your list.
TLC offers higher credited interest rates, stronger guarantees and better protection than its leading competitors. That means more value for your clients.
- The Premium Deposit Fund (PDF) Rider
- Now available in California
– Life Insurance as an Asset Class
Cash value life insurance has a unique combination of potential advantages that make it efficient in transferring wealth. This short presentation gives a quick review of the concept and tools available.
- Retirement Planning – What’s Your Retirement Back-Up Plan?
Show clients the often unexpected risks to retirement security as well as the benefits of cash value life insurance in creating a flexible retirement back-up plan.
- Opportunities for high net worth Foreign National sales (HNWFN)
For the right clients, and the right sales people, the time is right to connect on big international sales. View the two new easy-to-use guides explaining ING’s agent guidelines and underwriting requirements.
- Lincoln National:
- Introducing the NEW Lincoln LifeReserve IUL Accumulator
Now clients can have more predictability and tax-efficient income potential. The Lincoln LifeReserve Indexed UL Accumulator (2014) product refresh provides the same great features, pricing and benefits plus new, exciting enhancements. See the materials below.
- Lincoln LifeEnhance Accelerated Benefits Rider materials
- Tax-efficient retirement planning materials
- 3 elements of a Cover Letter that moves business
Cover letters are a critical part of the underwriting process, filling in the blanks that an application may create. A well-written letter that includes background on a client’s risk factors can help move the application through underwriting quickly, while a poorly written one – or no cover letter at all – could result in numerous conversations with the underwriter or a quick decline.
- North American:
- When is Standard better than Preferred?
Did you know a Standard rating can mean a lower premium payment on a life insurance case than the same case rated Preferred with another carrier? The link above provides a comparison of North American’s Custom Guarantee UL to competitors.
- PruLife Founders Plus UL is a flexible, cost-effective alternative to traditional UL
Along with death benefit protection, Founders Plus offers an extended no-lapse guarantee and a choice of two accounts that help accumulate cash value. The Founders Plus Producer Guide helps you explore these benefits and shows you how to identify potential clients and markets.
- New production incentives – be sure to check out the incentives section below!
- Annuity product name change announcement
AIG’s fixed, immediate and deferred income annuities have taken their new global AIG brand look and product name. Fixed Annuities “Horizon” product series re-branding will be effective as of June 1, 2014.
- American National:
- LIR Dash for Cash incentive – check out the incentive section below!
Applications for ASIA PLUS annuities sold with a Lifetime Income Rider that are submitted and paid between 5/15 and 8/15 earn CASH!
- Transfer Authorization form no longer required for direct rollovers
As more and more potential customers are retiring, we have the opportunity to secure retirement funds and put them into an individual retirement annuity (IRA). IRA’s may also receive qualified or TSA 403(b) plan distributions upon the death of plan participants. Genworth no longer require a Transfer Authorization form for direct rollovers of funds from a qualified or TSA 403(b) plan into a fixed IRA. They have generally found that qualified and TSA 403(b) plans prefer to use their own forms to authorize a distribution.
- Release date for SPIA Acknowledgement form & Suitability Profile form is now May 19th
- John Hancock:
Product, pricing, and underwriting changes
– effective May 19th
On May 19th
, there will be several changes to John Hancock’s product and pricing on the Custom Care III and Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder products. Additionally, they will be introducing a shortened application and revised underwriting process.
Important New Business transition guidelines for product changes:
Paper applications for current rates and benefits must be signed by May 18th
and received in the home office by May 19th
. LTC Captivate business will need to be signed and submitted through the system by May 18th
Temporary suspension of business in California – effective May 19th
On May 19th, John Hancock is temporarily suspending sales of all LTC products in California; until their product pricing has been updated and they are ready to implement. They expect to have their revised product available in California in the next few months. Important Transition Guidelines: Paper applications for current rates and benefits in the state of California must be signed by May 18th and received in the home office by May 27th.
- Watch FREE BROADCASTS from the National LTC Sales Summit May 18-20
Broadcasts from the National Long Term Care Sales Summit – being held in Kansas City – can be accessed by visiting www.InsuranceExpos.com and clicking the To Register for Free button. This is a great way for you to stay on top of the latest industry developments. Click here for a list and schedule of key sessions.
Massachusetts 8-Hour NAIC LTC training
– due by July 1st
All producers must take an eight-hour NAIC Partnership course effective July 1, 2014 in order to continue soliciting and selling LTC Insurance. If you have taken an eight-hour NAIC Partnership Course from another state, you can take a two-hour Massachusetts supplement course. To view the required eight-hour and two-hour courses go to www.jhpartnership.com
- LTC News
- Back to the LTCi Basics: A claims history your clients can trust
Knowing your LTCi carrier has a history of paying claims is essential to building trust. Transamerica LTC Claims statistics confirm we follow through on our promises.
- Does the middle market matter for LTCi?
Is expanding your LTCi business to the middle-class majority a worthwhile idea? Transamerica LTC conducted an in-depth survey to gauge interest and find the answer.
- Mandatory MA LTC and MassHealth training
Massachusetts has revised requirements for LTCi training courses that must be completed by July 1.
- LTC report released by Bipartisan Policy Center
A distinguished nonprofit organization has released initial findings on how LTCi can work with government funding to help finance the country’s future long term care needs.
DISABILITY & CRITICAL ILLNESS
|Get Ready! May is Disability Insurance Awareness Month!
Life Happens has done all the heavy lifting for you! Check out their great FREE DI marketing resources at www.lifehappens.org.
- Mutual/United of Omaha:
- Disability Insurance Awareness Month
- Make the most of what you know
Use this flyer to see the tools and resources you need to reach out to clients and prospects about their disability insurance needs.
- American National:
2015 Marketing Conference (qualification period 1/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)
You and your guest will enjoy five days and four nights at The Cove Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas from May 17-21, 2015 if you are one of American National’s top 80 qualifiers.
- LIR Dash for Cash (5/15/2014 – 8/15/2014)
Apps submitted and paid between 5/15 and 8/15, earn cash for ASIA PLUS annuities sold with a Lifetime Income Rider!
- Annuity Level: $500,001 – $750,000 = $750 Bonus
- Annuity Level: $750,001 – $1,000,000 = $1000 Bonus
- Annuity Level: $1,000,000+ = $1500 Bonus
- Legal & General America:
Go Figure Contest (3/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)
This agency incentive begins March 1st and runs through 2014, BUT the qualifications restart again on July 1st
, and then again on October 1st
. To win an iPad or Android Tablet, you need to focus on financial institutions!
- North American:
- Elite Agent Bonus Program(1/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)
- Agents who place $25,000 of premium (minimum 3 TLIC life applications) will earn a 3-day vacation package valued up to $1,400 for yourself and a guest.
- Agents who place $75,000 of premium (minimum 5 TLIC life applications) will earn a 5-day vacation package valued up to $5,000 for yourself and up to 3 guests.
Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (1/1/2014 – 12/31/2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. View the producer flyer.