- Winflex Web & Winflex Desktop no longer supported by LGA
- Users will no longer see Banner and William Penn as a carrier option.
- LGA illustration software – Illustration Manager – can be downloaded from LGA’s website after logging in. Illustration Manager can be found under the “Download Software’ tab in the ‘Illustrations’ section.
- There are no changes to Illustration Manger or any other third party vendor.
- Secure e-mail system upgrade – update
The communication that went out on April 29, 2015 referencing the Secure Email System upgrade has been placed on hold. A new date for this upgrade has not been set. Updates will be communicated to you as necessary.
- Changes to check guidelines – consider EFT!
Effective June 5, 2015, commissions paid by check must reach a minimum of $500 before a check will be issued. Once the minimum is met, checks will be issued on a bi-weekly basis. As always, if the commission amount accumulated is still less than $500 at the one-year mark, a check will be issued. With this in mind, it might be time to consider Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). With EFT, there is no minimum commission requirement, and commissions can be paid as often as weekly per agent request.
- LTC Rider approved in CA – effective June 1st
The LTC rider on the Foundation and Asset Builder IUL’s will be available for sale in California beginning June 1, 2015. While the capability of quoting the rider in CA won’t be available until then, you may have some potential cases. Feel free to run the quote in a neighboring state as the costs will be the same.
- WealthAdvantage IUL – now available!
WealthAdvantage IUL is an extremely competitive IUL that is focused on protection with cash accumulation. It includes the new Surrender Value Enhancement Endorsement (SVEE) rider available for balance sheet sensitive business market sales. It is available in all states except CA, CT, DE and NY. (View the state availability grid.) WealthAdvantage IUL (for protection with cash value) complements Lincoln Accumulator IUL (for cash accumulation and income distribution) to provide you with more options to meet your client’s needs. (Download the client brochure.) Lincoln IUL Protector will no longer be available (after 60 day transition period) in states that have approved the WealthAdvantage IUL.
- Introduction to Lincoln WealthAdvantage Indexed UL – presentation
This presentation can be shortened considerably. Compliance has given the approval to hide select slides. You can tell if a slide can be hidden by looking in the Notes section.
- Premier Accumulator Universal Life launching June 1st – NEW PRODUCT!
Research shows that there are two times as many surrenders and exchanges with clients’ life insurance policies than death benefits paid out. This means that clients can change their minds…a lot. And their needs demand a product with the flexibility to change with them. MetLife Premier Accumulator Universal Life (PAUL) can provide high early cash value that gives clients faster access to their money with low surrender charges. And with MetLifeEnhanced Rate Plus, qualifying PAUL applicants have the opportunity to boost their rating class from standard to preferred or elite in less than week – with no paramedical exams or lab work required! They can get their policy issued faster and you can get your compensation faster.
- Get a competitive decision…the first time
You want to get your clients the protection they need as fast and as easy as possible. To make that happen, significant improvements have been made for your underwriting experience.
- Provide added flexibility with multiple GUL policies **SALES IDEA**
By choosing a Guaranteed Universal Life or Guaranteed Universal Life Plus policy, your client receives life insurance protection that is guaranteed for a period up to their lifetime. The client also has flexible options for the future using the Guaranteed Refund Option rider, which is included at no additional cost on all qualifying GUL and GUL Plus policies.
- Make Mutual of Omaha your carrier for life
Take a look at the many reasons to choose Mutual of Omaha’s full line of life insurance products to meet the needs of your clients.
- Use life insurance for key person coverage
Watch this video to learn how to help protect your business clients. Quickly understand how key person life insurance can benefit a business.
- When is ZERO Greater Than FIVE?
Clients seeking death benefit protection and growth potential may want more than a standard universal life insurance policy can offer. Why not offer a policy with indexed upside potential, downside protection and flexible features for custom coverage? See how Protective Indexed Choice UL offers more cash value and longer protection guarantees, when the competition uses a 5% illustration rate compared to our policy illustrated at 0%.
- New consumer sales tools
Here are two customizable consumer case studies to help your nagents share the benefits of whole life insurance with their clients:
- Protecting Your Family’s Future
See how an entire family protected their financial future for less than $300 per month with a combination of living and death benefits.
- Get the Best of Both Worlds
Get a closer look at how a guaranteed cash value and a guaranteed death benefit perfectly suited the needs of a man nearing retirement.
- 6-10% lower premiums on Classic UL w/LPB Premier pricing
Lapse Protection Benefit Premier provides lower annual premiums for your larger Classic with LPB cases, with premiums averaging 6-10% less than the “number 2” ranked GUL carrier. And, there’s no additional work on your part. If your clients meet the eligibility criteria, Premier pricing will be automatically applied when you run an illustration. View this chart for a comparison.
- Why spreadsheeting is dead!
Looking to grow your business in the hottest market? Spreadsheeting isn’t the answer. Click on the image below to watch Transamerica’s John Oliver discuss why spreadsheeting is DEAD and how to Sell Smart to grow your sales.
- What to do when resident and signature states differ
You have a client who lives in California but will be visiting Nevada and wants to apply for life insurance while in Nevada. Is this possible? If so, which forms do you use? California’s or Nevada’s? The first answer is yes, this is possible. And if the owner is signing in Nevada, use the Nevada application and forms because that’s where the owner is signing the application. The exam can be done anywhere, but the form needs to reflect the state in which it’s being signed. This New Business processing document is a great resource for questions like these.
- New Total Living Coverage (TLC14) to launch in CT & FL – effective June 1st
Read the bulletin.
- What your clients should be thinking about
Retirement planning is more than getting your clients to go beyond a certain dollar amount. It’s about a top client concern: longevity. They need to prepare for every expense imaginable – long-term care, healthcare, grandkids, home repairs, and more. This article “The Good Life” discusses why an advisory firm leader chose Lincoln MoneyGuard solutions as her model for strengthening a portfolio with long-term care protection. Want to use this article with your clients? Download the client version. (Click here for the client version for use in AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, HI, IN, MT, ND, NJ, NY, SD, and VI.)
- American Pathway Achiever MVA 10 Annuity (AG HorizonAchiever)
- American Pathway Select MVA 10 Annuity (AG HorizonSelect)
- American Pathway Secure 10 Annuity (AG HorizonSecure)
- American Pathway Empire 5 & 7 (AG HorizonEmpireSecure) (NY only)
- American Pathway Fixed MVA 9 Plus Annuity (AG HorizonPlus)
- American Pathway Fixed MYG 10 Annuity (AG Horizon MYG)
- Why sell Palladium SPIA? 5-9 year period certain payouts are back!
- Most payout rates have increased
- Access funds after three years
- Eases worry over lack of access
- Partial withdrawal or full surrender available1
- Guaranteed income your clients can’t outlive
- Highly competitive payouts
- Compare our payouts to anyone!
- Cash Refund, Period Certain (5-30 years), Life Only and more
- New Stretch IRA Concept
74 million baby boomers are retiring in the coming years. They have 401(k) plans, 403(b) plans and 457 Plans. It will lead to money in motion, decisions on where retirement income will come from and a concern as to what their children will do with this money when they inherit the retirement IRA. Learn how this concept works; along with materials to help you take hold of the opportunities.
- AISA PLUS disclosures – updates
Get details now.
- A new solution for deferring RMDs
Thanks to new IRS regulations, Lincoln Deferred Income Solutions SM (DIS) Annuity can help your clients defer taking required minimum distributions from a portion of their traditional IRAs.See how this is possible.
- Deferred Income Protector – great for clients nearing or entering retirement
The Deferred Income Protector is a great option to give your clients security in retirement.
Voya recently reduced the spread on the Monthly Average Index Strategy for Secure Series Annuities. View the updates.
- Wealth Builder Plus
Voya’s Wealth Builder Plus Annuity has cap rates up to 6.25% and Guaranteed lifetime income.
- Secure Index Opportunities Plus
View and share this client approved video to learn more about Voya’s Secure Index Opportunities Plus Annuity.
- Response to Illinois disaster declaration
The Illinois Department of Insurance recently issued a bulletin to assist residents of Dekalb and Ogle counties impacted by recent storm activity. The Bulletin establishes limits on the cancellation and non-renewal of insurance coverage for victims affected by this disaster and provides alternative procedures for the cancellation and non-renewal of policies under certain conditions.
- Rate increase implementation on in-force LTCi business – effective August 1st
On August 1, 2015, there will be a rate increase on in-force business in AL, ID, NH, OH & PA.
- How successful agents handle Multi-life cases
- Protect your middle-income clients with Transamerica Secure
- New Multi-Life enrollment materials available
- NEW! Production detail reporting
No updates to report this week.
- The ethical considerations of selling disability insurance
May is Disability Insurance Awareness Month (DIAM), which is an ideal time to make producers aware of some of the ethical issues associated with offering, and not offering, disability insurance coverage to clients and prospects.
- 2 ways agents can reach out to clients during DI wareness Month
- Send an email to clients and prospects with a link to this great, short video “Disability Insurance 101.” Then add a note that says you’re happy to help them find coverage to fit their budget.
- Share educational and inspirational DI posts on social media. Simply follow Life Happens on its social media properties like Facebook and Twitter. Then, share the DI-related posts you think your friends and followers will respond to. Links to all Life Happens social-media properties can be found at www.lifehappens.org/socialmedia.
- Need support during Disability Insurance Awareness Month?
Learn more about the DI sales process
- 12% household discount additions – effective June 1st
A new 12% household discount will be available for new Med Supp business effective June 1, 2015 for Mutual CA and TN; United SD and UT; and Omaha Insurance Company in MD and MS.
- Consumer online application additions
The new Med Supp Consumer Online Application is now available in IN & WV.
- Rate adjustments
View the rate adjustments on new and in-force Medicare Supplement in GA, ND and WI; Modernized in-force only United SC; and 1990 Standardized Mutual KS and United NC, SC and WI.
- June rate release for KS – effective June 1st
View the rate adjustment effective June 1, 2015 on United World Medicare supplement in Kansas.
- 2016 Marketing Conference in Hawaii (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
The top 80 qualifiers and their guest will be invited to enjoy six days and five nights at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Click here for complete details.
- LTCI Marketing Credits Program (November 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
Mutual of Omaha’s LTCI Marketing Credits Program gives you the opportunity to score marketing credits that can be used to help build your LTCi business. Start earning credits on your fifth LTCi app placed after November 1, 2014.
- Credits must be redeemed by March 31, 2016
- Mutual Sales Leaders in Rome! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Experience all that is Rome when you qualify for Mutual Sales Leaders in 2015! Your Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement and Simplified Issue Life sales can take you to the Eternal City where you’ll enjoy centuries of iconic achievements in Roman art and architecture. It’s the trip of a lifetime! Click here for complete details.
- Special Med Supp Cash for Apps in Ohio (ENDS May 31, 2015)
All Omaha Insurance Company Medicare supplement net-issued applications in Ohio from March 1, 2015 – May 31, 2015 will earn cash. Click here for complete details.
- Elite Producer Club – annuity incentive (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn up to 1% extra commission on all North American Fixed Index Annuities in 2015! Click here for complete details.
- Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. Click here for details.
- Breakaway Travel 2015! (February 1 – December 18, 2015)
Break Away returns for 2015 with more destinations and new opportunities to qualify! Click here for the producer rules & regulations.
- Application Bonus Compensation (May 1 – July 31, 2015)
Earning an extra $100 is as easy as ABC. Any agent submitting a new application for a Voya Fixed Index Annuity between May 1 and July 31, 2015 will receive $100 bonus.
Detailed information is as follows:
- Receive an additional $100 bonus for each fixed index annuity application submitted between May 1, 2015 and July 31, 2015.
- There is no limit to the number of applications submitted within this promotion period and to be eligible, there can be no recent fixed index annuity business with Voya from July 31, 2014 to April 30, 2015.
- Contracts that are free-looked will result in the forfeiture of the bonus incentive.