- LTC, CI, ABRs – need help with this alphabet soup?
Attend one of these live training sessions. They provide a clear explanation of the differences between chronic illness accelerated benefit riders and long term care riders. Click here for details and instructions!
- May 14th at 3:00 PM CT
- May 26th at 10:00 AM CT
- TargetPay & TargetPay Plus Income Riders: The Modern Approach
- Ascent FIA & Income Aspect Rider
- Index Annuity 101 LIVE webinars
To attend any of the sessions below, you must pre-register. A confirmation link to join will be emailed to you. Pre-register here.
- May 13th at 2:30 PM CT – Look Inside Index Annuities – The Mechanics of How They Work
- May 20th at 2:30 PM CT – Building Guaranteed Lifetime Income with Index Annuity Income Riders
- May 27th at 2:30 PM CT – Understanding and Addressing 4 Key Risks to Retirement
- Index UL 101 LIVE webinars
These short sessions are packed-with-information to give you an introduction to Index UL, tips to starting the conversation and closing the sale, the confidence and know-how to serve your clientele and insightful sales tips to improve your sales volume immediately. Register here!
- May 14that 1:00 PM CT – The Mechanics of Index Universal Life Insurance: A Closer Look Inside an Index UL Policy
- May 21st at 1:00 PM CT – Retirement Income Strategies: Starting the Conversation & Addressing Objections to Help Close the Sale
- May 28th at 1:00 PM CT – Beyond the Death Benefit: Building Cash Value with IUL
- Four New Sales Ideas for Today’s Market
With the uncertainty of today’s market weighing on consumers, learn what you can do to help prepare them financially for retirement. While attending this webinar, you’ll hear four new sales ideas that can help you create certainty for your clients.
- Performance LTC Overview
John Hancock has had an amazing response to the Performance LTC overviews they’ve been conducting since they introduced the product in March. If you haven’t had a chance yet to learn more about this exciting new product, click on one of the links below to sign up for a session.
- Attend a Welcome Webinar!
Minnesota life is hosting monthly webinars to help you kickstart your sales. Attend one of the following sessions: (Click here for details and instructions.)
- Multi-Life & CEVA Training
Be the first in the industry to offer your business clients a corporate enhanced values feature on an indexed life product with Minnesota Life’s Corporate Enhanced Values Agreement (CEVA). Available May 18, 2015, CEVA is built to waive the surrender charges and increase the cash surrender value portion of a life insurance policy in the early years with an Enhancement Benefit.
- Strong on Guarantees
Discover the strength of North American’s guaranteed life insurance products, including positioning and presenting tips!
- NAC BenefitSolutions – Your Questions Answered!
- Ignite Annuity Confidence
Learn how to create the annuity SPARK with prospects through Annuity Confidence. The featured topic is: Annuity Myths and Objections
- Multi Life Long Term Care
Tune in and see how Transamerica Multi Life Long Term Care can grow your executive carve-out markets while growing your life insurance sales opportunities. You will learn what it takes to become credible and experienced for this growing upscale LTC marketplace.
- May 13th at 1:00 PM CT – Join meeting here.
Password = LTC Dial-in#: 888-369-1427 Access Code: 6126052
- Life Happens is now accepting applications for Real Life Stories
For the first time, LIFE HAPPENS is opening up the application process for the Real Life Stories Client Recognition Program in the spring! They are accepting applications for the 2016 Real Life Stories Program from now until December 7, 2015. You can get a jump on submitting a story about how you helped a client put life, disability or long-term care insurance in place … and how it was there in their time of great financial need. If your story is chosen, it will be featured in a professionally made LIFE HAPPENS video and flyer, which will help educate consumers for years to come. Learn more and access the application at www.lifehappens.org/reallife. PLUS: You and a guest, as well as your client and a guest would receive an all-expense-paid trip to Las Vegas from September 17-19, 2016 and be honored at NAIFA’s national conference. Legal & General America would love to hear your stories about your Banner or William Penn clients. If you submit an application to LIFE HAPPENS, please send us a copy of your story as well toeverydaymatters@LGAmerica.com.
- William Penn virtual office is open
View the bulletin.
- Customer Service phone menu changes
Click here for the changes that occurred May 7, 2015.
- Accordia products now available in CT
Click here to view the announcement. For a quick look at all the product and riders approved, by state, view this chart.
- Update on NY Business
This message includes a status update for New York producers.
- Compliance reminder for replacements
View this reminder about Accordia’s guidelines on replacements. View the guidelines now.
- Wellness for Life
View the spotlight now.
- Advanced Markets Online: The Big Bang Theory – Rethinking the Familiar
Read this issue of AMO Current Comment to see how you can apply traditional solutions to the new planning problems caused by the following societal changes:
- Agent statement copies to be mailed
Read the field bulletin.
- New York term conversion window extended to summer 2015
As a result of the change to Accordia’s system conversion schedule, term conversions for NY products to permanent Athene products can continue until later in the summer of 2015. A firm cutoff date will be announced in the next few weeks.
- Licensing requirements for IL
View the update.
- LTC, CI ABRs – need help with this alphabet soup?
Get quick and easy online training that provides a clear explanation of the differences between chronic illness accelerated benefit riders and long -term care riders.
- Implement a compelling sales approach in just 20 minutes
This program provides a complete training package and action items to show producers how to turn “retirement insurance” opportunities into life insurance sales. Program includes training invite, scripted presentation and recommended follow up action plan and tools to leverage this business growth opportunity.
- Chronic illness protection on IUL vs GUL
Value+ IUL offers strong guaranteed protection to age 81 and requires a lower premium than GUL, which could save your clients money for the same chronic illness protection.
- Value+ IUL now available in California
View the bulletin.
- AG Choice Index GUL has been discontinued
View the bulletin.
- Revised replacement policies and guidelines
View them now.
- WealthAdvantage Indexed UL – now available
How can you help your customers get one step closer to achieving their goals? Put tax-advantaged death benefit protection and growth potential into their future plans. Lincoln WealthAdvantage Indexed UL can help you meet your clients goals.
- Wealth protection and legacy planning
- Tax-efficient, supplemental retirement income
- GA Weekly Update – May 5th edition
View it now.
- Urine will no longer be tested for HIV
In certain jurisdictions, urine HIV testing will no longer be routinely required at ages 18 and older when the total amount inforce and applied for within 12 months is $50,001-$99,999. View the bulletin.
- Build Charts – revised
The height and weight charts for the standard and substandard classifications have been revised. Get details.
- Additional person designated to receive Lapse & Termination notices in CA & CT
California and Connecticut require insurers to provide the right for applicants to designate another person to receive a copy of any notice of lapse or termination of a life insurance policy due to non-payment of premium. View the bulletin and download a copy of the form.
- MetLife Solutions – updated May 1st
- Secure Flex UL
View the May 1, 2015 product update.
- FIT Program
Did you know Mutual of Omaha is one of only a few carriers offering a credit program on Term insurance? With the FIT program, clients have the ability to move up two tables and save significantly on life insurance premiums. It is important to note that our best case final offer is Standard. So, are you getting the best possible rates for your clients? Make sure you are completing the FIT test with every application.
- An alternative to ROP
Return-of-premium term products are popular because they provide your clients life insurance coverage for a set period of time; and if they make it to the end of the term, they can get back what they paid in premiums. As an alternative, offering Mutual’s GUL product with theGuaranteed Refund Option provides a permanent insurance solution with three 60-day windows in which they can surrender their policy and receive their premiums back (up to 50 percent at the end of year 15 and up to 100 percent at the end of years 20 and 25). This refund feature is automatically included on all qualifying GUL and GUL Plus policies at no additional cost.
- New Term Life Express face amounts now on mobile app
The Quotes for Sales Professionals mobile application for Android and iOS devices has beenupdated to reflect changes in Term Life Express.
- Term Life Express enhancements
Term Life Express now has a number of enhancements including the removal of the oral fluid requirement across all face amounts.
- Why Aren’t You Offering More For Less?
The high illustration rates and cap rates used with some indexed universal life insurance products may appear to offer clients more value. But the policy expenses required to produce those rates may overshadow your clients’ growth and protection needs-especially if the index performs poorly. Protective Indexed Choice UL can help meet those needs with a more realistic approach. Use this policy to offer more cash value and longer protection guarantees for less, when illustrated at 5.00% to age 105.
- BenefitAccess Consumer Brochure for CA – temporarily unavailable
Due to recent information provided to us by the California Department of Insurance, the California specific version of the BenefitAccess Rider Consumer Brochure will be temporarily unavailable. Prudential is working diligently with the State of California to resolve this matter and update the brochure quickly. We will notify you once it is available for use. In the meantime, the California specific version of the BenefitAccess Rider Consumer Flyer is available for use with your clients.
- Charitable planning with clients
Prudential’s Charitable Planning marketing kit aggregates valuable content from Advanced Markets, offering insights to help uncover even more impact and how to measure achieving clients’ personal giving goals.
- Savings with ‘Achieving a Better Life Experience’ (ABLE)
Taxpayers caring for disabled children can look forward to a new savings vehicle to help cover certain expenses with the 529 ABLE account. Read more.
- Auto-bind increase
Symetra’s Auto-bind limit has increased from $25 million to $35 million (up to and including age 80). See the updated flyers for SUL-G and Classic UL & Term.
- Positioning Total Living Coverage
There are many options to help solve the need for long term care services that at least 70% of Americans over age 65 will require at some point. It can be difficult to determine which is most appropriate for each of your clients’ unique situations. How do you decide what is the best LTCI solution for them? Total Living Coverage (TLC) is attractive to a specific audience type, but even within that audience, people are unique. Learning how to position TLC compared to traditional LTCI is helpful to target this potential TLC market. Once positioned you still need to know how to overcome objections such as what if they never need long term care or thinking that self-insuring is a better route. Click on the links below to learn more.
- Certain annuity products to be discontinued – effective June 1st
- Lifetime Income Riders – compare the income potential for yourself
Assume you have a 64 year old who wishes to purchase a $100,000 Indexed Annuity with a Fixed Lifetime Income Rider and he would like to begin receiving income at age 74. How would the Strategy Indexed Annuity PLUS Fixed Lifetime Income Rider Annual Income Compare?View the hypothetical comparison.
- The new Deferred Income Protector is now available
Learn more about the new deferred income annuity product – Deferred Income Protector.
- Fixed Index Annuities
View the rates as of April 14, 2015.
- The retirement income trifecta!
View it now.
- Give yourself the competitive advantage
Do your clients look for guarantees when it comes to their retirement income? Offer a best-in-class fixed index annuity that wins key retirement ages versus the competition’s gender-based payouts!
- BenefitSolutions Fixed Index Annuity now available in OH
Visit the BenefitSolutions microsite for materials.
- Wealth Builder Plus Annuity
One complete solution to help your clients grow, protect and enjoy their wealth.
- 2015 Cost of Care Survey
The Genworth 2015 Cost of Care Survey is now available and can help your clients build personalized plans, using the latest long term care (LTC) cost data. It’s the industry’s most comprehensive look at more than 15,000 long term care providers across 440 cities and regions. The Cost of Care’s new suite of materials can help you confidently explain potential LTC costs to your clients – from homemaker services, to adult daycare, to private nursing home rooms. Clients will see what care could cost them in their hometown, their planned retirement spot or even where their kids live. And that could be just the motivation they need to put an LTC plan in place today. The Cost of Care Survey is also available on iPhone and iPad devices through iTunes.
In addition, the Cost of Care home page offers:
- New Web Experience: Easier to use than before, with more information right at your fingertips.
- Full Report: Includes a national view and detailed data tables for each state and each provider type.
- Summary Brochure: What you need to know about the 2015 survey in a quick, easy-to-carry format.
- Postcard: A helpful tool to make your clients aware of this year’s survey.
- In-force Rate Action announcement for ID
View it now.
- New Performance LTC Seller’s Guide – now available
The Performance LTC Seller’s Guide highlights the many advantages that Performance LTC has to offer your clients.
- Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder has been replaced in compact states
The current Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder product has been replaced by Performance LTC in the compact states as of April 27, 2015. (Click here for a complete list.) All Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder applications for current rates must have been signed by April 27, 2015 and received in the Home Office by May 4, 2015.
- New York Partnership applications no longer accepted
All individual long-term care insurance applications for New York Partnership must have been signed by April 27, 2015 and received in the Home Office by May 4, 2015. Any New York Partnership applications received after May 4, 2015 will not be processed. Click here for more details.
- DRA Partnership certifications for Performance LTC
John Hancock’s Performance LTC is designed and certified to meet the requirements for DRA Partnership-qualified policies in states that implement National Partnership programs. The policies are tax-qualified and meet or exceed all currently applicable National Association of Insurance Commissions (NAIC) consumer protection standards. All compact states, with the exception of Virginia, and where John Hancock has an active DRA Partnership have been approved and are certified for the Performance LTC product. For complete information on DRA Partnership and other training and legislative information, please review the updated DRA Partnership Guide.
- Performance LTC – A Closer Look
John Hancock has developed Performance LTC: A Closer Look – a flier series that will provide the details you need to know about the new Performance LTC product features. Here is the first flier – The Lapse Prevention Safeguard Benefit.
- Revised California Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder product brochure –CORRECTION
John Hancock has confirmed that the Valued Client discount is available in California. The California CC III featuring Benefit Builder product brochure will be updated accordingly and they will advise you when it becomes available. They regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.
- Watch the Life in Motion Video- Adapting to Change
Changing consumer needs and market conditions often drive innovation, as is the case with the new Performance LTC product. Its breakthrough design offers clients competitive pricing and more control over their premiums and benefits. Watch the video.
- 2015 Medicare Guide now available
Here is the 2015 version of “Choosing a MediGap Policy: A Guide to Health Insurance for People with Medicare“. This publication is published jointly by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and is required for long-term care insurance sales to applicants ages 65 and over. The guide provides a brief look at the Medicare Program and MediGap policies.
- Massachusetts product training requirement now in effect
As of April 27, 2015, all producers selling long-term care insurance or life insurance with a long-term care rider in Massachusetts must certify that they have been trained and understand the product they are selling. Therefore, John Hancock will require that producers sign and submit the new MA Certification Form, certifying that they have read and understand the product guide that corresponds to the product they are selling. For producers selling long-term care, complete and sign Part I. For producers selling life with the long- term care rider, complete and sign Part II. For producers selling both, complete and sign both sections.
- Long-Term Care prospecting material
You can use this new prospecting piece to help your clients understand that long-term care insurance is something they should consider buying. This self-mailer highlights three methods of paying for long-term care services: government; self-funding; and LTCi. The mailer explains why an LTCi policy may be a smart way to help retirement assets go farther.
No updates to report this week.
- Learn more about the DI sales process
This flyer goes through step one: Find People to Talk to. You will learn more about the middle market, good places to find perspective clients and marketing resources that are available to help you.
- It’s Disability Insurance Awareness Month
Time to raise awareness of the need for Disability Insurance during May – Disability Insurance Awareness Month. Talk to as many people as possible about their need for income protection. Check out this flyer to see what is in store for you this month.
- Sales tools
Mutual’s electronic tools are fast and convenient to help you grow your Medicare supplement sales.
- July rate adjustments
See the July rate adjustments on 2010 Modernized new and in-force in AL, AZ, IA, KY, MI, RI, SC, WV; 2010 Modernized in-force only in WA; Plan N in AZ, MI, OK, SD, WA, WV, WY; and 1990 Standardized in IL, ND, PA, RI, TN, WA, WV.
- 2016 Marketing Conference in Hawaii (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
The top 80 qualifiers and their guest will be invited to enjoy six days and five nights at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Click here for complete details.
- LTCI Marketing Credits Program (November 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
Mutual of Omaha’s LTCI Marketing Credits Program gives you the opportunity to score marketing credits that can be used to help build your LTCi business. Start earning credits on your fifth LTCi app placed after November 1, 2014.
- Credits must be redeemed by March 31, 2016
- Mutual Sales Leaders in Rome! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Experience all that is Rome when you qualify for Mutual Sales Leaders in 2015! Your Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement and Simplified Issue Life sales can take you to the Eternal City where you’ll enjoy centuries of iconic achievements in Roman art and architecture. It’s the trip of a lifetime! Click here for complete details.
- Special Med Supp Cash for Apps in Ohio (March 1 – May 31, 2015)
All Omaha Insurance Company Medicare supplement net-issued applications in Ohio from March 1, 2015 – May 31, 2015 will earn cash. Click here for complete details.
- Elite Producer Club – annuity incentive (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn up to 1% extra commission on all North American Fixed Index Annuities in 2015! Click here for complete details.
- Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. Click here for details.
- Breakaway Travel 2015! (February 1 – December 18, 2015)
Break Away returns for 2015 with more destinations and new opportunities to qualify! Click here for the producer rules & regulations.
- Application Bonus Compensation (May 1 – July 31, 2015)
Earning an extra $100 is as easy as ABC. Any agent submitting a new application for a Voya Fixed Index Annuity between May 1 and July 31, 2015 will receive $100 bonus.
Detailed information is as follows:
- Receive an additional $100 bonus for each fixed index annuity application submitted between May 1, 2015 and July 31, 2015.
- There is no limit to the number of applications submitted within this promotion period and to be eligible, there can be no recent fixed index annuity business with Voya from July 31, 2014 to April 30, 2015.
- Contracts that are free-looked will result in the forfeiture of the bonus incentive.