- American General:
- March 26th – 3:00 PM CT – Product Enhancement: AG Choice Index 10 and Power Index Plus
- April 9th – 1:00 PM CT – Immediate and Delayed Income Annuities Overview
- April 23rd – 1:00 PM CT – Accident & Health
- May 28th – 1:00 PM CT – Accident & Health
- March 20th – 2:00 PM CT – Mining the 1040 for Sales Opportunities – Password: Mining4sales
- March 27th – 10:00 AM CT – Indexed Survivorship Builder – Password: Life4two
- Guarantee UL vs. Index UL – help your clients make an informed decision
Join Charlie Gipple as he walks you through the trade-offs of the premium cost, no-lapse guarantee and the potential for cash value growth between Guarantee Universal Life (GUL) and Index Universal Life (IUL). Charlie will also discuss how an optional Long Term Care rider can be the icing on the case.
- Minnesota Life:
- 15-minute sales strategy teleconference – every Wednesday at 10:00 AM
This 8-week 15-minute sales call series will include a webinar component to demo the illustration programs and run different scenarios to help you make the sale.
Dial-in Number: 1-800-910-2399 Passcode: 224032
- Building a Referral Based Business
- North American:
- March Webinar Series
Register for these upcoming Webinars to help give your business a boost! A new Webinar is held each Thursday on a different topic. From sales ideas to highlights of our product portfolio and illustration software, these Webinars are designed specifically to help you grow your business.
Event Password = Webinar Dial-in #: 877-937-0681 Passcode: 9264795#
- March 20th – 11:00 AM ET – A Place to Call Home
Looking for a carrier that can offer a broad portfolio to meet your diverse list of client needs, competitive compensation for you, and the support and training to help you succeed? Then North American is the place to call home for your business. Attend this Webinar to learn more.
- March 27th – 11:00 AM ET – Changing Needs
Discover the flexibility of North American’s life portfolio in accommodating to a client’s changing needs. Learn how critical, chronic, and terminal illness coverage, the protected death benefit, and our exchange provision can help you make future sales on a client’s changing needs over time.
- Protective Life:
- Working with Widows webinar series
One of the hardest conversations you may have with your client is the first one after her spouse dies. With more than one million women becoming widows every year, it’s likely that one of your clients may become a widow this year. Finding the right words, making her feel at ease, honoring the memory of her husband… these are all difficult moments in the advisor/client relationship. Featuring author and grief expert, Kathleen M. Rehl, Ph.D., CFP, there are 2 sessions left for this 3-part webinar series reveals practical tips that you can implement in your day-to-day business right away. Receive five free copies of “Moving Forward on Your Own: A Financial Guidebook for Widows” when you attend a session.
- March 19th – Communicating With Widows
Knowing what to say-and what not to say-is one of the hardest parts of working with grieving clients. Find out how to handle communication from the wake to your one-on-one meetings.
- April 2nd – Three Stages of Widowhood
It is important to understand where your client is in her grief journey. Adjust your approach to help her make certain financial decisions when she is best able to make them.
- Why your prospect won’t return your calls
If you want your prospect to return your call, your message has to survive the delete button. Here are 7 tips to improve your voicemail messages.
- 3 celebrity estate lessons
Celebrities’ estate planning mistakes, all easily avoidable, have cost their heirs millions of dollars.
- Showing dedication with designations
With seven professional designations and a client roster full of small business owners, this Arizona-based advisor produces award-winning results.
- Defuse those dreaded sales objections
You cringe when prospects bring them up, those sales objections that are so often your undoing. Next time, tackle them head on so you can take away their power.
- Honesty sells the best policy
You know how best to serve your clients. Putting your own interests ahead of theirs can have far-reaching consequences and cost you in the end.
- How to get tax-free retirement income with life insurance
Life insurance can be used to secure tax-free income both in the accumulation phase and the distribution phase.
- One solution to the RMD dilemma: Life insurance
You will be amazed by the number of affluent boomers who are not aware of government RMD rules.
- The big secret to getting client referrals-and you’ll hate it
You might think these six steps are silly or beneath you, but believe me, they work.
- The honeymoon phase
The first six months of your new client relationship is the ideal time for referrals. Get the most out of your happy union by communicating regularly.
- Sales tips: a contrarian view
Reading a book, taking a “training” class, while helpful, do not build confidence or the experience necessary to have prior situations to fall back on to improve your skills.
- AIG/American General:
Logo is changing to AIG – reminder
American General Life Companies is transitioning to the AIG brand to unify thier presence in the marketplace. The AIG logo will replace the American General Life Companies logo on sales materials, illustrations, policy communications, websites and other digital properties over the course of this year. This change has no impact to policies and there is no change to the issuing companies. More details to come.
- North American:
- North American’s website is now easier to use!
All North American contracted agents will now use just one username and password to gain access to all of their life business online. No more logging in multiple times to view business under each agent number. NOTE: For now, every username you have will log you in and let you see all your business. After one week, however, the site will ask you to choose just one username and password to use going forward. View the video.
Looking for social media help?
Social media is becoming an increasingly important tool for financial professionals. If you’re looking for ways to increase your social media presence and build your business, check out North American’s Social Media Corner
, where you’ll find training materials, tip sheets, compliance cheat sheets, training video’s, and links to content you can easily share to save you time.
- American General:
Asset Protector training video
This short 6-minute video identifies the key needs that the product suite addresses and demonstrates how to position this unique package of living benefits to your clients. Additional resources available at RetireStronger.com
- Check out the Advanced Markets website
Consumer & producer content is available without any log in ID required. The content includes training (CE credits), sample documents, and a searchable reference library. View this short video for overview of the site and its resources.
- The #1 killer of people under 45 and the leading cause of all adult deaths – Accidents!
For those that can’t get any or enough life insurance, offer AD&D as an alternative. AG AccidentCare Direct Plus offers up to $500,000 of coverage, is affordable and is guaranteed issue.
- Resource Library
This is a great piece with links to Microsites and other tools. Please Note: The password for the microsites is advsales.
- Enhanced Care Benefit now available in NY, CT, KS & PR
Click here for full details on the new state approvals and an update to the disclosure statement.
- Minnesota Life:
- PDA – help clients get more out of their life insurance contracts
The Premium Deposit Account (PDA) Agreement is a policy rider that provides the opportunity to help maximum-fund a life insurance policy through a series of pre-scheduled fixed payments. It allows you to show a single-payment solution without creating a modified endowment contract. Get more with these materials:
- Mutual/United of Omaha:
- New Accelerated Death Benefit Rider for Chronic Illness on GUL products
Clients don’t have to be lucky to get this rider – we include it at no charge with all policies. Many competitors only include this feature for those who are rated table 4 or better; however, this restricts the clients who are most likely to need the accelerated benefits from having it available. See how this rider compares to an LTC Rider.
Internal Rate of Return
– advanced market minute
Your clients want their money to work harder for them. If clients ever doubt the value of life insurance, be sure to provide them with an internal rate of return analysis. Listen to this podcast
to find out how presenting these powerful numbers can help a client see life insurance in a whole new light.
New Disability Rider available in AZ & FL
– effective April 1st
On April 1, 2014, you may begin offering the new Disability Continuation of Planned Premium Rider in Arizona and Florida on Guaranteed Universal Life (GUL), GUL Plus and GUL Express policies.
Procedure for returned initial premium – effective March 18th
When an electronic funds transfer or a pre-authorized check is returned for non-sufficient funds or other reasons on the initial premium for a Final Expense solution or a Freedom IUL II or Freedom Global IUL II product, the client and producer will be notified via a letter that the case will be cancelled within 10 calendar days from the date indicated in the letter unless the premium is paid. If the payment is not received, the case will automatically be “Not Taken,” which will cause a charge-back. Unlike in-force policies on the products listed above, the case will not be set up on direct quarterly billing and will not go through the grace-period process.
- Retention and reinsurance increase
Retention and auto-issue limits have been increased to provide more capacity on your high face amount cases. Key changes are below. For more details and exclusions on the retention/reinsurance changes see the U.S. Retention & Reinsurance Limits flyer.
- The addition of $45M of reinsurance capacity for survivorship cases.
- Increased retention from $10 to $15 million for both single life and survivorship cases.
- Increased Jumbo Limits to $65 million for all issue ages.
California fee increase – reminder
Effective March 17th, California raised fees by 10% for all insurance producers, insurance adjusters, and insurers operating in California. Please reference the information below for additional information.
- AIG/American General:
- Offer clients the opportunity for guaranteed rising income with principal protection
The enhanced Lifetime Income Plus optional guaranteed living benefit rider, available with the AG Choice Index 10 and Power Index Plus index annuities, can now provide clients with guaranteed rising income for the first 10 contract years; provided withdrawals are taken within the terms of the rider. Clients can also take advantage of a new Monthly Average index interest account to help grow and protect their retirement assets. Note: Lifetime Income Plus is available at contract issue for a 0.95% annual fee. Restrictions and limitations apply. Guarantees are backed by the claims-paying ability of American General Life Insurance Company. Products not available in New York.
- Will your clients’ children pay more taxes on their IRA than they do?
For your clients owning IRAs who want to protect loved ones and maximize wealth transfer, there are innovative uses of life insurance to minimize IRA inheritance tax burdens on beneficiaries. Learn how to leverage two different strategies to maximize the after-tax value of clients’ IRAs or even eliminate taxes paid on the IRA inheritance.
- Processing deadline for 2013 IRA contributions
The American General Annuity Service Center will be accepting 2013 IRA contributions that are received on or before Tuesday April 15, 2014. This means that funds for a 2013 IRA contribution must be deposited to the premium account no later than April 15th. If a check is mailed to our lock box, the envelope must be postmarked no later than April 15th. Should you have any questions on this deadline, please contact the Client Care Center at 888-438-6933.
- Take hold of the opportunities for Genworth Index Annuities
Between the low interest rate environment of other fixed alternatives and the volatility of the market, now is the time to be talking to your agents about Genworth. Be sure to ask about:
- A great sales idea and client pieces for moving money on the sidelines to a safe alternative.
- Sales ideas and client pieces for an alternative for the changing Bond market.
- Maximizing opportunity for growth without the risk of loss.
- Genworth had the #3 Stock Performance in the S&P500 since 3/9/09!
- Current SecureLiving annuity rates
- New bailout feature – RenewalFLEX – on ING Secure 5 and Secure 7
This strategy-specific bailout feature makes a very competitive accumulation story even better. See the state launch dates below as well as these Secure 5 and Secure 7 brochures with the RenewalFLEX feature attached.
- March 3 Launch**: Texas, Mississippi and Delaware
March 17 Launch**: Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington and Florida
**Any new Secure 5 or Secure 7 cases received on or after the dates listed above from the newly launched states will have the RenewalFLEX Feature added to their contract at no additional cost.
Lifetime Income/RenewalFLEX adjustments – effective March 12th
The Payout Factors for ING Lifetime Income single premium deferred annuity are decreasing by 15 basis points. To get the current (higher) payout factors, apps needed to be signed by March 11th and received at ING by the 18th. Two examples of the new payout factors on and after March 12th are below. Please note: this change is ONLY for ING Lifetime Income Annuity. IT does not affect IPWB.
- Lifetime Income issued at age 55, income starting after 10th contract anniversary (after the second boost):
– Single Life at age 65 = 4.45%
– Joint at 65 = 3.95%
– Single Life with Optional Death Benefit Rider = 3.85%
- Lifetime Income issued at age 60, income starting after 10th contract anniversary (after the second boost):
– Single Life at age 70 = 4.95%
– Joint at 70 = 4.45%
– Single Life with Optional Death Benefit Rider = 4.35%
- Lincoln National:
- Using a Lincoln Deferred Income Solutions Annuity
Give your clients a way to continue growing a portion of their assets while turning some of their portfolio into guaranteed retirement income. By using a Lincoln Deferred Income Solutions Annuity in conjunction with an investment account, your clients can get the income they need while still maintaining their accumulated assets. Use the materials below to create a strategy for your clients that helps them continue building assets while they prepare to take income.
- North American:
- Essential product & compliance tools to help guide you to success
- Current annuity product information
- Sales and suitability information
- Useful information on a myriad of compliance topics, like anti-money laundering, record retention and complaint handling
New Commission chargeback procedure for RetireChoice in CA – effective March 18th
In California, when the optional Additional Benefit Rider is elected on the NAC RetireChoice fixed index annuity, a 100% commission chargeback will apply in the first contract year and a 50% commission chargeback will apply in the second contract year if the client elects to do a full surrender under the Return of Premium provision.
- Protective Life:
Protective Indexed Annuity II
– NEW PRODUCT!
This new fixed indexed annuity just became available March 17th
! In addition, Protective introduces SecurePay SE – an optional protected lifetime income benefit exclusively available with Protective Indexed Annuity II. The current interest rate environment combined with market volatility and complicated product offerings are overwhelming clients seeking solutions for their retirement income planning needs. Clients interested in mitigating risk, guaranteed growth and protected lifetime income will appreciate the unique benefits and simple design available with Protective Indexed Annuity II.
- The new LTC basics
If you’re just thinking about offering planning help: Think faster! Time’s awasting.
- Cost of Care -better data makes better plans
The new study will be available April 1st. Stay tuned!
- John Hancock:
- Support materials during tax season – updated
- Flier to help start a conversation about long-term care planning during tax season
- 15-minute training presentation to walk through the potential tax deductibility of LTC insurance premiums for individuals, the self-employed and business owners. In addition to the guidelines for each, examples of how to calculate the portion of the premium that may be deductible are also included.
- Partnership training requirement changes in Illinois
The state of Illinois has recently changed its partnership training requirements. To learn more, check out the updated partnership guide now.
DISABILITY & CRITICAL ILLNESS
- Mutual/United of Omaha:
- Remember to “Keep it Going” with the DI Website
This site helps you convey to clients the importance of protecting their income.
- American National:
- Cash is King 2014 (ENDS April 30th)
Earn a CASH BONUS for annuity sales! Total of all fixed/ indexed annuities paid. Minimum of 3 applications.
- $500,001 – $750,000 = $750 cash bonus
- $750,001 – $1,000,000 = $1000 cash bonus
- $1,000,000+ = $1500 cash bonus
2015 Marketing Conference (qualification period 1/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)
You and your guest will enjoy five days and four nights at The Cove Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas from May 17-21, 2015 if you are one of American National’s top 80 qualifiers.
- Legal & General America:
Go Figure Contest(3/1/2014 – 12/31/2014) – NEW!
This agency incentive begins March 1st and runs through 2014, BUT the qualifications restart again on July 1st
, and then again on October 1st
. To win an iPad or Android Tablet, you need to focus on financial institutions!
- Minnesota Life:
Earn an extra $700 (ENDS March 31st)
Beginning January 1, 2014, through March 31, 2014, you have the opportunity to receive up to $700 in Visa gift cards for the business you place with Minnesota Life.
- North American:
- Elite Agent Bonus Program (1/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)