|CARRIER & INDUSTRY
- LGA Analytic
Looking for stats on your Banner or William Penn business? Meet LGA Analytics. It’s all about your agency. It’s accessible from anywhere. It’s easy. It’s Intuitive. There are seven report categories and all can be customized. Learn more.
- New website – effective July 1st
Beginning June 30, 2015, LincolnFinancialNetwork.com no longer functions as a stand-alone website. In order to access Lincoln Life and Annuity content, you will need to register for the new Lincoln Solutions Center. The New Lincoln Solutions Center is tailored to help you manage your Lincoln Life and Annuities business, including Commissions, Books of Business and Pending Status.
- New security update required for Whole Life Up Close iPad App
As part of a routine software upgrade, a new security update is required for the Whole Life Up Close app. In order to correctly install the update, you will need to re-download the app. From your iPad, please visit the Whole Life Up Close website and click Download Now. Because this security update is required, your current app may not work until you download the app again. MetLife apologizes for any inconvenience, but want to ensure you’re using the most up-to-date, secure version of this powerful and popular app.
- Office closure
The Life and DI sales desk will be closing at 4pm on Thursday, July 2, 2015 and will be closed on July 3, 2015 in celebration of Independence Day.
- 5 big underwriting enhancements
- Great new premiums on AG Select-a-Term
Premium rates have decreased and competitiveness has increased in the most popular term periods and risk classes. Visit aig.com/termlife; then view the Old vs. New Rates flyer. And, the lower term rates are even in New York. Learn more.
- Looking for a solution for short pay and single premiums?
Check out the Value+ IUL. It’s market leading price in all rate classes makes it a great solution for short pay and single premium situations.
- Help clients get access to benefits sooner
This great new scripted presentation explains the differences between Long-Term Care riders and Chronic Illness accelerated benefit riders.
- Premier Accumulator UL
- See life differently in 3 minutes
View the PAUL video.
- Why did MetLife create PAUL?
Listen to the podcast.
- See how can PAUL can help your small business owner clients reach their goals
- Unexpected underwriting outcomes
This piece is an excellent guide for your clients!
- The changing UL marketplace
View the whitepaper now.
- New Range of Options flyer
View MetLife’s range of life insurance products; now updated to include PAUL!
- Underwriting updates
- Crediting interest rate change – effective July 17th
- Executive Bonus Strategy
An executive bonus is a tax-deductible way for companies to provide supplemental benefits to key employees. It allows the company to be selective and reward top performers.
- A company pays a bonus to the employee (deductible to the business owner), and the employee pays income taxes on the bonus amount.
- The employee takes out a personal life insurance policy and names a beneficiary; the bonus is used to pay the premium on the life insurance policy.
- The employee may withdraw or borrow money from the policy’s cash value to supplement retirement, and the death benefits are payable to the employee’s beneficiary.
- View these materials to learn about and present this solution to your clients:
- More reasons to choose Mutual of Omaha
Take a look at the many reasons to choose Mutual of Omaha’s full line of life insurance products to meet the needs of your clients. Plus, with our new Term Life Answers rates and the Guaranteed Refund Option for GUL and GUL Plus policies, now is a great time to make Mutual of Omaha your carrier for life.
- Use the Guaranteed Refund Option Rider for an Alternative to ROP Term
If your clients like Term Life insurance with an Return Of Premium option, they may likeGuaranteed Universal Life with a Guaranteed Refund Option rider even better.
- FIT your clients into lower rates
Get the best rates for your clients with the FIT credit program, which allows your clients to move up two tables.
- Rapid Builder IUL
View the exciting new features Rapid Builder IUL has for clients and producers.
- Form updates
- No-Lapse Guarantee Notice is no longer required in California. Read the bulletin.
- How do they keep it simple and quick? They keep it in-house.
- The TeleLife process is completely owned by Protective Life.
- Their interviewers are trained to ask the questions that underwriters need, creating a smoother experience.
- They are responsible for making a top notch experience for you, your agents and their clients.
- Index Universal Life (IUL) – a popular solution
In addition to providing death benefit protection, IUL can be a potential source of funds during life. It can also be a source of funds to help cover qualifying long term care expenses when paired with the optional Long Term Care Rider. In this series of videos, Transamerica’s John Oliver will help you understand how to match IUL with a clients’ needs, how to evaluate IUL products in the marketplace, and what makes the TransNavigator IUL product unique and compelling in this space.
- Planning for financially savvy clients
Life insurance can be a solution for clients who want to provide a death benefit for their families along with the flexibility to use benefits during their lifetime as part of a diversified and tax-efficient financial plan. View this client strategy.
- Can a foreign national benefit from a U.S. IUL policy?
Global expansion may bring financial planning challenges for non-U.S. citizens. This recent consumer article presents IUL as a possible solution.
- Help business clients keep their employees
Studies show that top talent will leave their employers within three years. Create a higher value sale with business clients by sharing a way for them to keep key employees. View the concepts below.
|No bulletins to report this week.
- American Pathway rate changes
American Pathway Immediate Annuity & American Pathway Deferred Income Annuity rates changed on June 29, 2015. Run a quote now.
- Athene’s product portfolio consolidation – what it means to you
- Rate increases
On July 1, 2015, rates increased again on the Secure Living Index 5 and 7 year products. View the rate sheet for AK, MN, MO, OR, PA & WA. View the rate sheet for all other states.
- Rethinking Retirement Income: Revisiting an Established Rule – whitepaper
Read it now.
- Lincoln Leader for annuities – June 17th edition
View it now.
- NAC Benefit Solutions II
Benefit Solutions II is a competitive product for your “income maybe” clients.
- 20% Benefit Base Bonus Day One
- Enhanced Death Benefit Feature
- New Lifetime Payment Calculator
The new calculator can be used for North American’s Income Pay (optional Guaranteed Lifetime Withdrawal Benefit rider), which is available on most of their fixed index annuity products. Now it’s easier than ever to quote and offer your clients guaranteed retirement income they can’t outlive. It replaces the existing LPA Calculator and offers enhancements such as:
- Client-friendly Lifetime Payment calculation
- Filters by product choice and state availability
- Single location within current Illustration platform
- IncomeChoice Fixed Index Annuity
- The power of stacking
View this “power of stacking” flyer to see how NAC IncomeChoice can offer your clients unmatched potential.
- Retirement income trifecta
View this “trifecta” flyer to see how North American positions itself to be your one-stop-shop for retirement solutions.
- MYGA rate increases
Effective July 1, 2015, Guarantee Choice Multi-Year Guarantee Annuity (MYGA) rates are increasing. Download the new rates.
- Up to 70 bps commission increase on top selling FIAs
In addition to competitive cap rates, there’s 50 more selling points for using Voya fixed annuity products to help your clients grow, protect and enjoy their Orange Money.
**Applications received on June 8, 2015 or later will receive the new commission rates.
*Applications received on June 24, 2015 or later will receive the new commission rates.
- Voya Secure Index Opportunities Plus*: Up to 70 bps
- Voya Secure Index Seven Annuity**: Up to 50 bps
- Voya Wealth Builder Eight Annuity**: Up to 50 bps
- Voya Wealth Builder Six Annuity*: Up to 50 bps
- Current caps and spreads
Voya recently reduced the spread on the Monthly Average Index Strategy for the Secure Series Annuities and increased the annual cap rates on the Secure Family of Annuities and the Wealth Builder 6 and 8 Annuities. Click here to view the updates.
- Build Wealth Plus with a 2% annual bonus on the income base
Wealth Builder Plus Annuity has caps up to 6.25%. Now you can get both account value growth AND income benefit growth in one complete solution. Learn more.
|LONG TERM CARE
- Talk about Long Term Care – there’s more than one solution
Genworth has partnered with LifeHealthPro to bring you the following tools:
- Improving clients LTCI underwriting odds
You can position clients for better underwriting results by following these steps.
- 5 Habits of Top LTC Producers
The most successful sellers have a somewhat different approach than others.
- The Importance of Being a Guide – video
Ken Dychtwald, PhD – a leading gerontologist and foremost expert on aging – tells the story of a rafting trip with his son. The story is an analogy of why having a guide is important in your client’s financial and LTC planning. View the video now.
- How would you pay for Long Term Care – whitepaper
This consumer-oriented white paper will assist you to broach the topic of LTC with your clients. Its topics include: how much could long term care cost, what are your options for paying for LTC, why LTC insurance is important.
- New Long-Term Care E-App – NOW AVAILABLE!
- California compliance for LTCi products
Effective immediately, per California Insurance Code 10232.65, the insurer must notify the applicant within 60 days from the date the application is signed whether or not the applicant will be issued a policy of insurance. Therefore, if the application is still pending during that period, the application will be withdrawn.
- LTC News – June 25th edition
In this issue:
- DRA Partnership Reference Guide
- New HPE process for smaller multi-life cases
No bulletins to report this week.
- Discounts to make DI even more affordable
- Fast facts on income and financial stability
Get the facts.
- Higher limits available in simplified underwriting & starting practice programs
- Kiplinger Video for DI
Kiplinger’s Magazine created a video that focuses on the need for disability insurance, approved for use with consumers. Take advantage of this video to reinforce the importance of including DI in an overall financial plan.
- Consumer online application now available in AK, IA & NV
Read the bulletin.
- 1990 Standardized rate adjustment
Rate adjustments on 1990 Standardized plans for Mutual of Omaha Georgia and United World Illinois.
- 10% Bonus Commission on Value+ IUL (June 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn an extra 10% BONUS COMMISSION on Value+ IUL policies paid between June 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- NO thresholds to meet
- NO tiered payouts
- NO maximums
- No restrictions on how the extra commission is used- for example, you may wish to share all or part of the bonus with your producers, creating an incentive program of your own.
- 2016 Marketing Conference in Hawaii (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
The top 80 qualifiers and their guest will be invited to enjoy six days and five nights at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Click here for complete details.
- 2016 LFN Convention in The Bahamas! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Indulge in the beauty and splendor of the brand-new, ultra-extravagant Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar in the Bahamas. LFN qualifiers will enjoy the sun-drenched sand and surf, as well as one of the islands most beautiful and challenging 18-hole golf courses. Get qualification detailshere.
- 2016 LFN Summit in Prague, CZ (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Set your sights on the crown jewel of Eastern Europe as we head to Prague, Czech Republic. The exquisite Four Seasons Prague will host our qualifiers in a luxurious setting overlooking the famed Charles Bridge. Get qualification details here.
- DI Growth Challenge – Part II (July 1 – December 31, 2015)
Increase your MetLife DI premium by 15% and receive a cash bonus of 6%. Get complete details.
- LTCI Marketing Credits Program (November 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
Mutual of Omaha’s LTCI Marketing Credits Program gives you the opportunity to score marketing credits that can be used to help build your LTCi business. Start earning credits on your fifth LTCi app placed after November 1, 2014.
- Credits must be redeemed by March 31, 2016
- Mutual Sales Leaders in Rome! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Experience all that is Rome when you qualify for Mutual Sales Leaders in 2015! Your Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement and Simplified Issue Life sales can take you to the Eternal City where you’ll enjoy centuries of iconic achievements in Roman art and architecture. It’s the trip of a lifetime! Click here for complete details.
- Elite Producer Club – annuity incentive (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn up to 1% extra commission on all North American Fixed Index Annuities in 2015! Get complete details.
- 2016 Protective Life Sales Convention (July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016)
Make sure you’re taking advantage of the full qualification period for the Protective Life Sales Convention. Write your business today so by next May, you’ll be able to savor your success!Qualification Period: combined business from July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016.Qualification Rules: top 40 BGAs with a minimum of $1,000,000 net paid annualized life premium (NPAP). NPAP is defined in the Independent Agents Agreement each BGA holds with Protective Life.Minimum life count of 15 paid applications.No credit for Annuity or BOLI premium.Convention point credit will be given on excess premium at 6%Protective Life reserves the right to determine conference attendees based not only on NPAP, but additional factors that may include persistency and placement ratio.
Summer Splash Bonus Program (June 15 – October 16, 2015)
This program gives you the opportunity to earn even more compensation on new PruLife Founders Plus UL business. Click here for complete details.
- Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. Click here for details.
- Breakaway Travel 2015! (February 1 – December 18, 2015)
Break Away returns for 2015 with more destinations and new opportunities to qualify! Click here for the producer rules & regulations.
- The Insurables! A Learn and Earn Promotion (June 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016)
The Insurables is a rewards-based program designed to engage and motivate producers to grow sales. Through a series of videos, producers are given the opportunity to learn more about key clients — The Insurables — as well as a chance to earn prizes and a 10 percent commission enhancement. Click here to start learning and earning. Please note: New York, Guam, Puerto Rico and non-U.S. business is excluded from the program. Get complete details!
- Application Bonus Compensation (May 1 – July 31, 2015)
Earning an extra $100 is as easy as ABC. Any agent submitting a new application for a Voya Fixed Index Annuity between May 1 and July 31, 2015 will receive $100 bonus.
Detailed information is as follows:
- Receive an additional $100 bonus for each fixed index annuity application submitted between May 1, 2015 and July 31, 2015.
- There is no limit to the number of applications submitted within this promotion period and to be eligible, there can be no recent fixed index annuity business with Voya from July 31, 2014 to April 30, 2015.
- Contracts that are free-looked will result in the forfeiture of the bonus incentive.