- Life events a key trigger for social media selling
Life events are a trigger for buying life insurance – and you find out about them today via social media.
- The 13 Biggest Money Mistakes Retirees Make
- Boomers could forever redefine retirement
Let’s face it, as this unique bunch gets older, they will likely transform the institutions of aging dramatically, perhaps redefining what retirement means forever. After all, they have done that to just about every other aspect of American life.
- How to gain double-digit sales growth (every single year)
Martin M. Rhodes, president and CEO of Stephens Insurance, sees innovation in the industry’s future.
- Why prospecting is changing (and how to keep up)
Being a one-trick pony doesn’t work well with high-net-worth clients.
- Live with your kids and work till you die
It’s time we asked two questions: Is it really bad to work late in life or to live with your adult children?
- Where do your prospecting letters end up?
In our experience, we’re nothing but an afterthought to our agent. We’re a couple he sold business to more than two years ago. We’re not his friends, coworkers or connected via social media. He hasn’t done anything to foster a relationship with my husband and me since we signed the dotted line. And after two years of silence, he sent us a prospecting letter. And it ended up in our trash.
- Why Social Security planning expertise pays huge dividends
- Practice makes perfect
Have you tried this test lately?
- Client retention: what to do when they change their minds
Our need is the ugliest thing we can show prospective clients. If they believe that your need to make money is more important than your delivery of the service they would be hiring you to do, they’ll back away.
- Take Your Business to the Next Level with Referrals
Introducing Foundation Builder Index UL: The Flexible Protection Solution
Join Charlie Gipple to learn more about Foundation Builder Index UL, and the Accelerated Benefit Rider for Long Term Care Services.
- Minnesota Life:
- Weekly 15-minute sales strategy calls – every Wednesday at 10:00 AM CST
Hosted by expert life insurance case designers, you’ll learn actionable sales ideas in a short, easily digestible format. Each week, the sales idea call will create a valuable opportunity to add a new sales tool to your practice.
Teleconference Number: 1.800.910.2399 Participant Pass Code: 224032
- TODAY, January 15th – Utilizing Express Issue and Quick eApp to make the sale
- January 22nd – Psychology of Buying
- North American:
NAFA News You Need to Know
This is an informative update from Kim O’Brien, President and CEO of NAFA (National Association of Fixed Annuities). She will share…
– Lessons from Litigation – How to Protect Your Practice
– What Your Clients Should Know about Suitability
– 2014 Regulatory & Legislative Expectations
Password: Nac2014 Dial-in #: 877-937-0678 Pass Code: 1034218
- Upcoming webinars
After registering for the webinars below, you will receive a personalized invite for the meeting with additional information.
Event Password: (case sensitive) Webinar
Teleconference Information: 877-937-0681 Passcode: 9264795#
NEW Protective Indexed Choice UL
Attend this webinar to learn how the Protective Indexed Choice UL-the newest product in the Choice Series-gives you the ability to help your clients meet their needs for long-term protection and potential cash-value accumulation without any downside market risk.
- American General:
- The Accelerated Access Solution is available with AG Secure Lifetime GUL II
Now is the time to start selling this new Living Benefits Rider for chronic illnesses!
And, now approved in Montana, Nevada, and Virginia.
- Tax Law Changes May Mean Higher Taxes for YOUR Clients
American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 means higher-income taxpayers pay higher taxes. Details about ATRA and its impact on advanced markets can be found in the “Reference Library” section on www.agadvancedmarkets.com. Site also contains consumer and producer presentations, sample documents, training and video tour.
- Foundation Builder Index UL – The Flexible Protection Solution
Give clients an affordable death benefit, more financial flexibility and the ability to add long term care coverage.
- Fidelity Life:
- Product Changes
Changes in non-forfeiture laws have forced some product changes that became effective January 1, 2014.
- Return of Premium rider option on RD Mortgage Term is currently suspended until Fidelity can re-evaluate options for potential reintroduction. Please note: any Rapid Decision Mortgage Term applications received with the Return of Premium rider added, will be amended as needed.
- Using Life Insurance to Offset Lost Social Security Benefits
This new consumer brochure discusses Social Security in retirement and urges married couples to look further down the retirement road by planning now with life insurance to offset the inevitable loss of Social Security benefits in the future.
- Promoting the Need for Accumulation & Protection
This consumer-approved, short “social media” video is another tool for distributors to use when explaining to prospects and existing clients how life insurance helps meet the need for accumulation and protection.
- Legal & General:
Request for Life Insurance Interview Forms
Both the on-line and paper formats have changes you’ll like! The AppAssist Request for Life Insurance Interview (RLI) forms have been redesigned for both Banner Life and William Penn.
- Minnesota Life:
- Start 2014 off right with a life insurance sales best practice – Quick EApp
Quick eApp is our fast, easy, and green electronic application process. It’s an efficient way to increase productivity with less paperwork and hassle.
- Mutual/United of Omaha:
- Underwriting Coronary Artery Disease
Clients with Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) can receive better premium rates when Fit underwriting credits are applied. This case study shows you how five Fit credits changed the offer.
- Children’s Whole Life has new rates
Minor adjustments have been made to age bands and premiums in selected cells.
Game On! TLA & GUL re-price
Big things are happening for life products. Be sure you aren’t left on the sidelines. Also, view the GUL
Game On! flyers.
Tweet Down Your Estate Tax Liability
– Advanced Markets Minute
You may have read about the strategies several Twitter executives used prior to the recent IPO to reduce future estate tax liability. Your clients may be able to use that same strategy, even if they are not involved in a high tech stock offering.
PruLife Founders Plus UL
– new product
Your clients want permanent death benefit protection without having to choose between guarantees or growth. PruLife Founders Plus UL potentially gives them both. It is a flexible premium permanent life insurance product that offers an Index feature and is designed to meet the changing needs of your clients, particularly those considering a Guaranteed Universal Life product. View this listing of states
where Founders Plus is approved and to see if BenefitAccess is also available. And, check out the Founders Plus eKit
. It contains materials you can use with clients as well as sales ideas to help you find and seize new business opportunities.
- ACE Interest Rates
View threshold interest rates for TransACE 2013, TransACE CV and TransACE Survivor 2013. Sign up to receive a text message alert when ACE interest rates change. Text ACE-RATES to 36698.
- John Hancock:
- Use market-focused tools to educate prospects in 2014
John Hancock has a number of marketing tools to help jump start your business in 2014. With the consumer demographic for LTC insurance trending younger, the Boomer Target Market Brochure is an important tool you can use to engage baby boomer prospects when discussing the benefits of LTC insurance. You can share the 2013 Cost of Care Survey results along with the Interactive Map. You can also use this Prospecting Postcard to reach new clients.
- Applications and materials for CA*, CT, IN & NY – updated
Updated applications and materials are now available; reflecting the 2014 minimum benefit levels for California, Connecticut, Indiana and New York Partnerships. *Please note: John Hancock discontinued sales of its California Partnership Long-Term Care insurance product effective September 16, 2013.
- New personal worksheet for FL applications
The personal worksheets for Florida applications have changed as a result of new requirements from the Florida DOI to include rate increase history sections.
- Partnership Consumer Participation Agreements (CPA) for NY have been updated
Consumer Reports reprint article
– now available
Consumer Reports recently published an article written by Orly Avitzur, M.D. about the need for long-term care insurance. Be sure to view the article and share with your clients and prospects.
New version of Hansel
– now available
All users must download a new version of Hansel (Release 17.0). The new version is available to download on www.jhltc.com
NAIC Shopper’s Guide to LTC insurance
– updated version now available
The NAIC has released a 2013 version of this guide. It provides consumers with what they need to know about LTC insurance; from assessing their need to purchasing the right policy. It is required for all LTC sales.
- Benefit Builder Portfolio Rate of Return
The second Portfolio Rate of Return for Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder policies is now available. The attached flier will be updated each quarter to announce the return.
- American General:
- It’s Game Day (10/1/2013 – 2/2/2014)
Submit Select-a-Term paid applications to win BIG prizes. Agents can win gift cards PLUS drawings for Sony 55-inch flat screen TVs. BGA’s win a staff recognition event.
- American National:
- Cash is King 2014 (1/1/2014 – 4/30/2014) – NEW!
Earn a CASH BONUS for annuity sales! Total of all fixed/ indexed annuities paid. Minimum of 3 applications.
- $500,001 – $750,000 = $750 cash bonus
- $750,001 – $1,000,000 = $1000 cash bonus
- $1,000,000+ = $1500 cash bonus
- Minnesota Life:
Earn an extra $700
– NEW! (1/1/2014 – 3/31/2014)
Beginning January 1, 2014, through March 31, 2014, you have the opportunity to receive up to $700 in Visa gift cards for the business you place with Minnesota Life.