Identify Your Client’s Retirement Income Gap
Password: Retire1 Teleconference: 866-793-7960
- NEW PruLife Founders Plus UL
Learn more about PruLife Founders Plus UL – and the many benefits it can offer your clients – at a special webinar on January 6, 2014. We will discuss the opportunities that come with the product and how it can help you increase sales. Click a link below to register.
IMPORTANT YEAR-END INFORMATION
- AIG/American General:
- Accelerated Access Solution now available on Secure Lifetime GUL II policies
Accelerated Access Solutions helps protect against rising Chronic Illness expenses.
View the Top Reasons to Sell flyer. Access marketing materials.
- Three benefit payment options – Including a form of inflation protection for the policy owner
- Numerous total benefit amount options – between 50% -100% of death benefit amount
- Guaranteed benefits – no decreases in benefits due to changing market conditions
- No receipts required – unrestricted benefits are paid irrespective of actual costs incurred
- Not a “use or lose it” policy – benefits are paid either as chronic illness or death benefit
- Waiver of monthly deduction – as long as chronic illness requirement is met
- Internal Rate of Return Calculator now on ING Presents 2
The rate of return on an investment can be difficult to measure. Use the Internal Rate of Return Calculator, now available on the ING Presents 2 system accessible from the Tools menu, to help measure the effectiveness of a financial product or investment. You can enter varying payment amounts, withdrawals, and an ending cash value. The tool will calculate the rate of return required to reach the ending value specified.
Using Life Insurance to offset lost Social Security benefits
– sales concept
This new consumer brochure discusses Social Security in retirement and urges married couples to look further down the retirement road by planning now with life insurance to offset the inevitable loss of Social Security benefits in the future.
New Insurance and Annuity Options for Same Sex Spouses
– sales concept
2013 has been a year of major changes for same sex spouses, greatly expanding the retirement and wealth transfer landscape and opening new opportunities to benefit from planning with life insurance and annuities.
- North American:
New You Can Use
– December 2013 edition
This edition included consumer web tools, information on how Guarantee Builder is more than just life insurance.
- UL Protector with BenefitAccess Rider is now available in NY
PruLife Universal Protector with BenefitAccess Rider, an optional accelerated death benefit rider which offers chronic and terminal illness protection benefits, is now available in New York. This combination provides your clients with a product that can help them address their death benefit, chronic illness, and terminal illness protection needs with one policy. Click here for important information regarding replacement of long term care products in NY. Click here for the complete listing of approved states for each product – including a listing of states where UL Protector is available with BenefitAccess.
New ISP Version 48
– AVAILABLE NOW!
This utility update is for the ISP illustration system and only works with ISP Version 48. To download, log-on to http://www.pruxpress.com
and look under New Business, Illustrations. After installing it, download the latest update to ISP for state approvals (WinFlex users should use the WinFlex internet update.) Click the link below and follow the prompts to DOWNLOAD the update or to RUN the update online
. Make sure ISP is closed prior to running the update. THIS 12/9/2013 update utility includes:
- IAUL October 2013 rate basis approvals in CT and NH
- UL Protector2013 October 2013 rate basis approvals in AZ, and Guam. Benefit Access Rider AR approval in NY for UL Protector
- ROPT October 2013 rate basis approvals in FL and OR
- PruLife Custom Premier II October 2013 rate basis approvals in MA, NJ, OR, VA.
- TransACE CV 2013 now available in CT & Guam
TransACE CV is a conversion product with greater flexibility than ever before that can also offer a strong solution for those seeking juvenile coverage. It now features the MultiFlex Surrender Endorsement (MSE), a new 2-year rolling target, options for juveniles, and Real Time Pricing, which allows you to offer clients the best Transamerica ACE interest rates available at policy issue. For more details, view the information below.
- Important TransACE CV Product Transition Information for CT and Guam
Any outstanding applications for the 2008 version of the product must be received in good order in our Cedar Rapids Administrative Office by close of business on January 9, 2014. If a TransACE CV 2008 policy has already been issued but is still in its delivery period, it may be returned for reissue to a TransACE CV 2013 policy subject to underwriting approval and a new illustration.
- United/Mutual of Omaha:
- Children’s Whole Life – the affordable way for clients and prospects to leave a lasting gift to a child or grandchild
Children’s Whole Life coverage is a natural fit for parents and grandparents who want to protect their children and grandchildren. Effective January 1, 2014, minor adjustments will be made to age bands and premiums in selected cells. The revisions will not impact the product benefits or the value Children’s Whole Life offers you as an insurance professional. A quick reminder of some of the reasons CWL is so important to parents and grandparents.
- Guarantees future insurability
- Locks in an affordable, level premium
- Allows grandparents to buy coverage for their grandchildren without parents’ signatures
- Includes only two health questions and requires no medical exams
- Provides a sound foundation for a child’s financial future
- Allows for additional coverage at later ages without evidence of insurability
- Offers coverage from a sound, financially-strong company
- Advanced Markets Minute: From DB to EB
If you’re working in the retirement planning market, you know that defined benefit pension plans, or DB plans, have been declining in popularity for several decades, replaced by 401(k) and other defined contribution plans. The good news is, there may be options.
- New Application Packets for CA
Only application packets with a revision date of December 11, 2013, or later, will be accepted after January 15, 2014.
- AIG/American General:
- Platinum Income Annuity – start your new year with guaranteed income
- AG HorizonIndex (9 & 12), AG Global Bonus Index and AG Global 8 Index products closed to new sales – effective December 31st
- Cash with application: Paper applications must be signed by 12/31/2013. The initial premium and paperwork must be received in good order by AGL no later than 1/14/14.
- 1035 or transfer business: Both the application and transfer paperwork must be signed by 12/31/2013. Both the application and paperwork must be received in good order by AGL no later than 1/14/14. All premiums must be received no later than 3/4/2014.
- John Hancock:
- Moratorium on cancellations and other activities due to severe storms in Illinois
In response to thirteen counties being declared storm disaster areas, the Department of Insurance issued this bulletin requesting that insurers implement certain consumer safeguards including a 60 day moratorium on cancellations and non-renewals and other exceptions to policy or contract requirements or rating or underwriting rules.
- Want to receive your compensation up to five days sooner?
With direct deposit, you can receive your compensation quickly and easily. To sign up for direct deposit, simply fill out this form.
- IRS announces eligible LTC premium deductions for 2014
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced its annual cost-of-living and inflation adjustments for 2014. Tax laws require the IRS to adjust the dollar amounts of dozens of tax provisions each year to account for inflation, including adjustments for eligible long-term care insurance (LTCI) premium deductions.
- United/Mutual of Omaha:
- DI Underwriting: Self Employed Discount
See how benefits and a rate discount are determined for a self-employed individual.
- American General:
- It’s Game Day (October 1, 2013 – February 2, 2014)
Submit Select-a-Term paid applications to win BIG prizes. Agents can win gift cards PLUS drawings for Sony 55-inch flat screen TVs. BGA’s win a staff recognition event.
- Lincoln Financial:
Flex-Pay MoneyGuard Incentive Programs(May 1 – December 31, 2013)
Earn an extra 20 points on paid first year target premium AND double PAP credit on all Flex-Pay MoneyGuard cases placed between May 1st
and December 31st
- iGo for an iPad Sales Contest (October 1 – December 31, 2013)
SBLI will award an iPad to agents and case managers who meet specific criteria by using iGO eApp.
Bonus Program (EXTENDED to December 31, 2013)
Transamerica is offering this limited-time incentive bonus program on TransACE and TransACE Survivor life insurance policies.
TransCare III Sales Contest (October 1 – December 20, 2013)
Transamerica LTC would like to help your agents kick off their sales of TransCare III (TCIII) with their largest, most exciting sales contest ever! But this contest is a little different. Prize levels do not depend on how much an individual agent sells, they depend on how much EVERY agent sells – combined!