|CARRIER & INDUSTRY
- Producer Use Only materials/bulletins – IMPORTANT
It has come to Genworths attention that certain general agencies have posted “Producer Use Only” material to their public websites. “Producer Use Only” material should not be made available for consumer use. If a website is not password protected for producers, it can be accessed by consumers. Please help us ensure that our “Producer Use Only” materials are only distributed and available to producers.
- Website Usage Policy
LGA’s Website Usage Policy is one of implied consent. When you use their website, you’re agreeing to its terms and conditions. The policy is a simple one and addresses issues like privacy, confidentiality, password protection and unacceptable activities. It takes true diligence these days to assure the security of personal information. LGA counts on you to champion the shared responsibility to protect our customers.
- What comes first; the appointment or the app?
At LGA, you can submit business prior to being appointed and contracted as long as you have a valid life insurance license in each state where business is solicited and written. So the app can come first.
- There is a BIG HOWEVER!
In order to comply with each state’s appointment notification laws, all required appointment agreement forms and contracting paperwork must be completed within the allotted time frame defined by the state. For AppAssist cases, you must be licensed in the state where the policy owner lives. If the deadline isn’t met, LGA is required to close out the application.
- Here’s an example.
California says the paperwork must be completed within 14 calendar days. If LGA receives the application on July 1, 2015, they must process all paperwork and appoint you by July 15, 2015. If that doesn’t happen, California considers it a violation and LGA is subject to a fine.
- A short video
It takes less than three minutes to watch this short video featuring Frank Gencarelli and some inspired doodles, a stream of consciousness delivery, some thoughts about eEverything and a couple of the big questions in life.
- Discounted FPA Membership Rate
Lincoln’s institutional membership with FPA renewed on June 1, 2015, at which point, the discounted individual membership rate for LFN advisors was changed to 15%. Please read these details on how to join or renew membership in the Financial Planning Association this special discounted rate.
- California Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulation
View this notice regarding California’s requirements for the prompt handling of claims.
- Important information regarding the release of Windows 10 Operating System
View the bulletin.
- Lifetime Foundation IUL – a great approach to lifetime guarantees
Lifetime Foundation IUL features an innovative combination of death benefit guarantees: an Initial Death Benefit Guarantee that ranges from 5-30 years depending on issue age, and an Extended Death Benefit Guarantee for 50% of the face amount to age 121, assuming the cumulative minimum premium test has been met.
- New solve function
Situations may arise in which there’s a need to compare Lifetime Foundation to low-cost death benefit or life expectancy IUL products. A new cash value target solve option has been added to allow you to illustrate Lifetime Foundation in these scenarios. View this quick presentation to learn more.
- End-to-end digital solutions
- Quotes Done Right: A personalized, fun, lead generating, online quoting tool. Visit the microsite to see how it works.
- AppAssist: An agency-applauded tele-app program. Use e-Link or drop us a ticket from the program you use. Prefer an agency-unique URL? Call your marketing coordinator. Want to receive a file copy of the completed Request for Life Insurance Interview or the medical record case package? Go to www.LGAmerica.com > Preferences. Fill out #5 and #6.
- Voice Signature: No sign up necessary. Applicants are asked if they want to voice approve their applications during the AppAssist interview. It speeds processing by three weeks.
- eDocuments: Every direct agency can upload PDFs or scanned documents to Legal & General America using their no-cost direct solution. No sign up. No waiting. Go to www.LGAmerica.com. Select New Business>Documents>Document Upload. Need more instructions? See the eDocuments microsite.
- CHECK21: Submit imaged checks direct from your agency or through vendor intermediaries. It does require some paperwork before you begin. Here’s the processing agreement for Banner and here’s one for William Penn. See the eDocuments microsite for instructions and how-to videos.
- Get MoreE: This upsell program lets you recommend a pre-approved coverage increase to your clients. Go to www.LGAmerica.com > Preferences and say YES to enable the prior-to-issue offers.
- eDelivery with eSignature: Eliminate mailing costs and reduce cycle time by more than two weeks. Register today and visit the eDelivery microsite for instructions and how-to videos. We make it easy and DocuSign makes it fast. For AppAssist, all proposed insureds will be asked to opt-in eSignature if they’ve elected to sign their applications with voice signature. For non-AppAssist, if the completed Electronic Policy Delivery Authorization LU1321 or LU1321WP form is included with the submitted application, it will be designated as eligible for eDelivery and therefore eSignature.
- Paypal: No sign up required. All eDelivered policies with outstanding initial premium will include an eDelivery Payment Choices form that allows the customer to determine a payment method and mode without the need for a reissued policy. If the customer chooses to pay by credit card, the transaction will be handled real-time through an integrated PayPal interface.
- EFT Commission Payments: We process payments the same day the policy is activated. Funds are deposited within 24 hours. Ready to make the switch from paper? Submit a BK-12 or BK12WP for your agency and anyone in your hierarchy.
- Share LGA’s end-to-end digital solution
LGA’s end-to-end digital solution is one of a kind. Use this flyer to promote their ePIPHANY. It can be personalized for your agency.
- Use this animated GIF in your own newsletters and promote LGA’s end-to-end digital solutions.
- Lincoln Leader publication – July 27th edition
In this issue:
- Coming Soon! Lincoln LifeElements Level Term (2014) – rates as of 8/10/15
- Coming Soon! Lincoln MoneyGuard II – New Opportunities
- New Life Application launches on August 10, 2015
- Policy Delivery Notice enhancements
- Term Conversion Guidelines – update
- New EFT Requirement for Quarterly Billing Mode on Term Business – reprint
- Maine issues bulletin clarifying use of Prospecting/Lead Cards
- Identity Protection through Policy Number Verification – reprint
- New York Regulation 60 Process Update – reprint
- Approved Vendor List Update – reprint
- Marijuana Related Businesses Attestation Requirement – reprint
- QuickPredict – make it an App with just a tap
QuickPredict is a mobile field underwriting tool can help you determine (early in the fact-finding process) whether a client may qualify for an Elite or Preferred rating class; based on 11 key risk factors. After using MetLife QuickPredict and running an illustration based on the indicated possible rating class, you can provide clients a more accurate individual life insurance policy premium estimate.
- New Actuarial Guideline 49 (AG49) affects IUL illustrations
As a result of AG49, and other strategic changes, Minnesota Life is updating its’ Indexed Universal Life Insurance (IUL) illustrations. Get complete details.
- Accumulator UL guaranteed minimum crediting rate change
Minnesota Life’s lifetime and fixed account minimum guaranteed crediting interest rates will be lowered to 2% (currently 3%) on newly issued Accumulator UL policies. Existing policies will not be impacted. View the bulletin.
- Corporate Enhanced Values Agreement Enhancement (CEVA)
In May 2015, Minnesota Life launched the Corporate Enhanced Values Agreement (CEVA) to support businesses’ executive benefit arrangements. Effective August 22, 2015, they will allow incoming 1035 exchanges and modified endowment contracts at policy issue on new sales that include CEVA.
- Don’t forget about “FIT”
Get the best term life rates with the FIT credit program; which allows your clients to move up two tables.
- Provide flexible retirement options for your clients
The Guaranteed Refund Option is a great way to add flexibility to a client’s life insurance plan; especially as retirement approaches.
- Be sure to download “Quotes for Sales Professionals”
Quotes for Sales Professionals is an exciting new mobile app that allows you to run quotes on the go – even without an Internet connection!
- New Rapid Builder IUL3 now available in CA
Read more about what’s new and improved, the strengths of Rapid Builder IUL, and availability.
- Working with Widows Program
Protective has created Working with Widows Program; which includes guides, brochures, videos and other materials to help you.
- Ruling on same-sex marriage
With the recent Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage, we have seen a tremendous interest in what this means for LGBT clients as they move forward financially. To answer some of the questions, Prudential has updated their DOMA whitepaper, info graphic, and checklist so that financial professionals and advisors have more resources to serve their clients.
- Win with SBLI’s Monthly Rates
Do you quote monthly rates for term business? If so, check out SBLI’s new low rates! They look even stronger against the competition; given their modal factors. View this comparison to see how much money clients could save versus other competitors’ monthly rates. Click here to get product information and materials.
- TransACE CV & Guaranteed Whole Life conversions – effective August 31st
Effective August 31, 2015, when converting an existing product to TransACE CV or Guaranteed Whole Life, all documents will now be based on the original policy issue state. If the insured has since moved to a new state, he or she can sign the conversion application in that state, but all documents must be based on the state in which the original policy was issued. All other products currently available for conversion will continue to require that the forms be pulled in the original issue state. For additional information related to conversions, view the Term Conversion Guide to Doing Business. Please note: For Transamerica Financial Life Insurance cases, New York rules will apply.
- TransACE CV & Guaranteed Whole Life conversion transition rules
Applications received in the Home Office on or after August 31, 2015 will require the state forms of the original issue state.
- Account access is moving to a new platform and site – effective September 28th
Starting September 28, 2015, account information that is currently accessed atAAnnuityAccess.com will only be available through AIG.com/annuities; which will offer an easy-to-use, improved experience along with providing the same functionality you’re accustomed to now. At that time, AAnnuityAccess.com will no longer be available, and all traffic will be redirected to AIG.com/annuities. Current login credentials will remain the same. In addition to better account access, AIG will also be adding security features to their account access websites to reduce the risks of unauthorized users accessing personal information.
- Annuity rates for August
View the August rates now.
- New commission structure – COMING SOON
American Pathway Deferred Income Annuity commission bands for period certain only payouts are currently based on “durations” equaling the sum of certain period plus the length of deferral period. Effective August 10, 2015, the bands for new contracts will only be based on the length of the certain period that is selected. The period certain “period” for contracts issued on or after August 10, 2015, will be banded as follows:
- Band 1: All Period < 7 years
- Band 2: All Period ≥ 7 years, but < 15 years
- Band 3: All Period ≥ 15 years, but ≤ 40 years
- View the bulletin.
- A Split Annuity Income Overview
Read the article.
- ACT NOW to prepare for upcoming product and contracting changes
Athene’s product portfolio will be consolidated on their Iowa product platform effective August 7, 2015; meaning all Athene annuities in all states except New York will be issued by Athene Annuity and Life Company, West Des Moines, IA (Athene IA). This affects the availability of certain products. It may also affect the way you contract with Athene. Get complete details.
- Athene Ascent – the Power of 10% Simple Interest
Your clients’ Income Base can double in 10 years with an Income Base Guaranteed Simple Interest Rate of 10%! And, it doesn’t have to stop at year 10. Clients receive a 10% roll-up rate for 10 years and 5% for the next 10 years that’s credited to the Income Base – guaranteed. That’s up to 20 years of outstanding growth! Learn more.
- North American’s competitive advantage
View the latest flyer that showcases how North American strives to be your top choice for guaranteed income solutions versus top selling competitors.
- Annuity rate increase – effective August 5th
View the rate sheet (with changes highlighted in orange).
|LONG TERM CARE
- Restricted Compensation for Long Term Care Insurance
Read the bulletin.
- In-force rate action announcements
- Privileged Choice Flex 3 – improvements
Take a close look.
- Performance LTC
- Available in AZ, CT, DC, DE, FL, IN & SD – effective August 17th
Performance LTC – John Hancock’s new approach to LTC Insurance will be available in Arizona, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Indiana and South Dakota on August 17, 2015. Get details and transition guidelines.
- Premiums now even more competitive
John Hancock has changed the modal premium factors for Performance LTC; resulting in lower premiums for customers paying on a monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual basis.Learn more.
- LTC Illustrator – enhancements effective August 17th
On August 17, 2015, John Hancock will release user interface changes to the LTC Illustrator system that will provide more flexibility and tools to support the sale of Performance LTC. Check out the new features.
- Two new Brainshark presentations
Two new Performance LTC Brainshark presentations have been created to provide you all the insights you need for successful sales. (login required)
- Withdrawal from Partnership Programs in CT & IN – effective August 24th
John Hancock will be discontinuing sales of their Partnership individual long-term care insurance policies in Connecticut and Indiana on August 24, 2015. Get details.
- Learn about the new LTC e-App
View this helpful presentation that explains how the new LTC e-App can work for you!
- New Beginnings – filling the coverage gap
Cancer, heart attack and stroke policies provide your clients cash upon diagnosis. That’s money they can use any way they choose – like paying for expenses not covered by health insurance. Learn more.
- Business Overhead Protection for small business
Learn how to help your business clients plan for the unexpected and keep their business running – even if they become unable to work due to illness or injury.
- 12% Household Discount now available in WI
View the announcement.
- Consumer on-line application now available in DC & HI
View the announcement.
- 1990 Standardized rate adjustment – effective September 1st
View the rate adjustment that will take place September 1, 2015 on Mutual and United World Iowa 1990 Standardized plans.
- 10% Bonus Commission on Value+ IUL (June 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn an extra 10% BONUS COMMISSION on Value+ IUL policies paid between June 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- NO thresholds to meet
- NO tiered payouts
- NO maximums
- No restrictions on how the extra commission is used- for example, you may wish to share all or part of the bonus with your producers, creating an incentive program of your own.
- 2016 Marketing Conference in Hawaii (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
The top 80 qualifiers and their guest will be invited to enjoy six days and five nights at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Click here for complete details.
- 2016 LFN Convention in The Bahamas! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Indulge in the beauty and splendor of the brand-new, ultra-extravagant Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar in the Bahamas. LFN qualifiers will enjoy the sun-drenched sand and surf, as well as one of the islands most beautiful and challenging 18-hole golf courses. Get qualification detailshere.
- 2016 LFN Summit in Prague, CZ (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Set your sights on the crown jewel of Eastern Europe as we head to Prague, Czech Republic. The exquisite Four Seasons Prague will host our qualifiers in a luxurious setting overlooking the famed Charles Bridge. Get qualification details here.
- DI Growth Challenge – Part II (July 1 – December 31, 2015)
Increase your MetLife DI premium by 15% and receive a cash bonus of 6%. Get complete details.
- LTCI Marketing Credits Program (November 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
Mutual of Omaha’s LTCI Marketing Credits Program gives you the opportunity to score marketing credits that can be used to help build your LTCi business. Start earning credits on your fifth LTCi app placed after November 1, 2014.
- Credits must be redeemed by March 31, 2016
- Mutual Sales Leaders in Rome! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Experience all that is Rome when you qualify for Mutual Sales Leaders in 2015! Your Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement and Simplified Issue Life sales can take you to the Eternal City where you’ll enjoy centuries of iconic achievements in Roman art and architecture. It’s the trip of a lifetime! Click here for complete details.
- Medicare Supplement Incentive (July 15 – September 15, 2015) NEW!
Sell at least two Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplements this summer and win a $50 or $100 Omaha Steaks Gift Card. Get eligibility rules and full details.
- Elite Producer Club – annuity incentive (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn up to 1% extra commission on all North American Fixed Index Annuities in 2015! Get complete details.
- 2016 Protective Life Sales Convention (July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016)
Make sure you’re taking advantage of the full qualification period for the Protective Life Sales Convention. Write your business today so by next May, you’ll be able to savor your success!Qualification Period: combined business from July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016.Qualification Rules: top 40 BGAs with a minimum of $1,000,000 net paid annualized life premium (NPAP). NPAP is defined in the Independent Agents Agreement each BGA holds with Protective Life.Minimum life count of 15 paid applications.No credit for Annuity or BOLI premium.Convention point credit will be given on excess premium at 6%
Summer Splash Bonus Program (June 15 – October 16, 2015)
This program gives you the opportunity to earn even more compensation on new PruLife Founders Plus UL business. Click here for complete details.
- Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. Click here for details.
- Breakaway Travel 2015! (February 1 – December 18, 2015)
Break Away returns for 2015 with more destinations and new opportunities to qualify! Click here for the producer rules & regulations.
- The Insurables! A Learn and Earn Promotion (June 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016)
The Insurables is a rewards-based program designed to engage and motivate producers to grow sales. Through a series of videos, producers are given the opportunity to learn more about key clients — The Insurables — as well as a chance to earn prizes and a 10 percent commission enhancement. Click here to start learning and earning. Please note: New York, Guam, Puerto Rico and non-U.S. business is excluded from the program. Get complete details!