- Summer Webinar Training
Click here for the Life and A&H Webinar Schedule. Click here for the Annuity Webinar Schedule.
- August 21st – A&H: Critical Illness Insurance – Add to Outlook Calendar
- August 27th – The Good, The Bad and The Opportunities
- Lock In the Gains
Join Eric Taylor as he explains how you can lock in your clients’ retirement gains and protect them against market downturns.
- ING Annuities as an Alternative to Bank CDs
- Minnesota Life:
- 15-minute sales strategy teleconference – every Wednesday at 10:00 AM CT
Dial-in Number: 1-800-910-2399 Passcode: 224032
- August 20th – The power of the Income Protection Agreement (IPA)
- Loan options: Fixed, indexed and variable: Featuring the Indexed Loan Agreement
- Omega Builder IUL Training
- North American:
- A Place to Call Home
Looking for a carrier that can offer a broad portfolio to meet your diverse list of client needs, competitive compensation for you, and the support and training to help you succeed? Then North American is the place to call home for your business. Attend this webinar to learn more.
September is Life Insurance Awareness Month (LIAM)!
- Rebranding updates – important upcoming dates
- Life PromoCenter temporary blackout period – August 20th – September 1st
There will be a blackout period for new requests (print & email) from 5:00 pm ET on August 20th to September 1st. Any campaigns delivered between those dates will need to be scheduled ahead of time by submitting the request before August 20th. Please refer to the user guide for details on scheduling.
- Kit & Individual Orders temporally suspended – August 15th – September 1st
There will be a temporary freeze for all ING Life Companies’ kit and individual orders from 4:00 pm ET August 15th to September 1st. After September 1st, any marketing material ordered will be rebranded to Voya.
- ING Presents Illustration System to discontinue Insmark Link
Effective September 1st, the link to the Insmark Illustration system currently available in ING Presents will be discontinued. Many of the primary tools used in the Insmark system are available using the ING Presents illustration system alone without requiring the link to Insmark.
- Rebranding materials
Now you can use this new client approved flyer to address questions about the new brand and name, Voya Financial. Please view this Brainshark presentation for rebranding highlights and timeline of events.
- Legal & General America:
Now, when you make a QuickQuote request, that request can automatically be shared with three other life companies. If you go to the webpage
today, you’ll see these changes.
- A field has been added to the Contact Info section called “QuickQuote Reference” that allows for up to 25 characters of free-form text. Your entry will make up the subject line of the QuickQuote response email.
- Height and weight fields have been added to facilitate the build evaluation but the information is not mandatory.
- A new section has been added called Other Carriers. You can enter up to three email addresses for other carriers to which you’d like the QuickQuote request to be sent. The subject line of the email will include the text you specified in the QuickQuote Reference field. Only the request itself is shared, not our quote.
- The “reply to” address for the email sent to other carriers will be your (the sender) email address.
- Legal & General America:
- Change in current crediting rate for Life Choice UL & Life Step
The current interest crediting rates changed August 19th for Banner and William Penn’s Life Choice UL and Life Step UL plans. The new crediting rate will be 2.00%.
Life Step UL rate change
for New York – effective August 28th
There is no change to Life Choice UL.
- Minnesota Life:
- Omega Builder IUL – NEW PRODUCT!
Omega Builder IUL includes the Income Protection Agreement. This feature, which no other competitor offers, combined with the index crediting bonus form a competitive life insurance solution for your clients. Take a look at the Omega Builder and Income Protection Agreement materials.
- Lower Premium Deposit Account (PDA) Agreement minimum – effective August 18th
The PDA will only require a minimum deposit of $2,000 for children under the age of 15. With the PDA, clients can enjoy discounts on the total premium paid into a life insurance account and worry-free premium payments.
- Securian ranked #2 in total life insurance issued for 2013
- Indexed Loan Agreement – a new way for clients to tap their policy values
The Indexed Loan Agreement will improve your clients’ options for accessing their life insurance policy values. Available at no additional cost, the Indexed Loan Agreement will let your client:
- Take a policy loan at a fixed rate and receive interest crediting based on changes in a blended index.
- Potentially receive gain on values allocated to the Indexed Loan Account if interest crediting exceeds loan rate charges.
– a Quick eApp enhancement – COMING AUGUST 22nd
Attachments give you the opportunity to submit supporting documentation along with your eApp. It’s an efficient way to increase your productivity with less paperwork and hassle.
- Mutual/United of Omaha:
- Are you looking for a solid product with a good ABR Rider?
United of Omaha’s Accelerated Death Benefit Rider for Terminal Illness and Chronic Illness has a $1 million benefit amount AND we have the Terminal Illness rider that is available on ALL of their TLA policies regardless of face amount………along with the $1 million benefit amount.
- North American:
- Term Life Insurance – 3 sales in 1
Every term case you write with North American could mean two more sales down the road. ADDvantage term offers full convertibility to ANY of their current permanent life insurance products, including indexed universal life products-no cherry-picking. And, if your client converts to Custom Guarantee UL, they may be eligible for the Guaranteed Exchange Privilege; the right to exchange a policy to a currently available cash-value-accumulation UL without evidence of insurability or surrender charges. View the case study!
- Submit In Good Order
Did you know that 72% of the applications submitted to North American are not in good order? Here is a short list of tips for completing new applications that will help reduce turnaround time.
- New product pricing AND a strategy to get started
Pricing changes have been made to the following products:
PruLife UL Protector
Single-pay scenarios have decreased in the 10 – 12% range, with closer to 12% for males ages 50 – 75.
PruLife SUL Protector
Overall SUL Protector remains a very competitive product for lifetime No-Lapse Guarantees in the top three risk classes.
Term Essential & Term Elite
Rates have decreased for many Non-Smoker risk classes.
Planning for Same-Sex Spouses: DOMA and State Law Issues
Although the U.S. Supreme Court found the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) unconstitutional under federal law, states’ rights to prohibit same sex marriages or refuse recognizing such marriages legally in other states can make trust planning for same sex couples challenging. View part 2 of our Advanced Markets Insights, which explores these challenges and possible solutions.
- RX for Success – Marijuana
This new “RX for Success” provides clarification of Prudential’s stance on marijuana use.
- Uh oh…Boomer retirement confidence is slipping-it’s not all bad news though…what can Athene do to help?
- Executive women are one of the most important wealth segments that savvy advisers need to not only keep on their radar, but incorporate the unique situations this segment has into their business model.
- Optional Income Protection Rider Benefit Base Enhancement increases to 8%
On August 18th, the Benefit Base Enhancement on the optional Income Protection Rider is increasing from 6% to 8%. Available on SecureLiving Index 7 and SecureLiving Index 10 Plus, the change is effective in all states where the rider is available. The optional Income Protection Rider is designed to enhance the lifetime income opportunities for those clients that are ready to retire soon or who are expecting to retire many years from now.
- Rate increase for SecureLiving Rate Saver & SecureLiving Income Provider Annuities
SecureLiving Rate Saver and SecureLiving Income Provider are providing some of the best rates in a long time and should not be overlooked.
- SecureLiving Rate Saver
For premiums over $250k, SecureLiving Rate Saver provides very attractive multi-year guarantees.
- SecureLiving Income Provider
SecureLiving Income Provider immediate annuities are very competitive beginning at age 60 with life contingent payouts.
- NAIC Suitability Model Regulation requirements of producers – update
- Interest Rate Benchmark (IRB) & Trigger Strategy approved in Montana
Effective September 2nd, the Interest Rate Benchmark Strategy and the Trigger Strategy will be available in Montana. All applications must be signed on or after September 2, 2014.
- Buyers Guide requirement for Oklahoma
Effective September 1st, insurance producers must provide Oklahoma fixed annuity, indexed annuity, and variable annuity applicants with the 2013 version of the National Association of Insurance Commission’s (NAIC) Buyer’s Guide for Deferred Annuities – Fixed, Indexed & Variable.
- Step-Rated BIO
Inflation protection may be the most important benefit to have in a LTC policy. But for some working families, the high costs of traditional options may be out of reach. That’s why Transamerica LTC created the Step-Rated Compound Benefit Increase Option. It’s a simple and affordable way for your clients to manage the effects of inflation with initial premiums that can be significantly lower than traditional compound BIO premiums. View the video today. Advantages include:
- Premiums start at much lower rate than traditional CBIO
- Automatic compound benefit and premium increases
- Benefits and premiums can be frozen, restarted, or permanently stopped at any time
- Qualifies for Partnership in most states
DISABILITY & CRITICAL ILLNESS
Win $1,000 gift card or iPad (8/1/2014 – 10/31/2014)
Now is a great time to explore how accident and health (A&H) products can strengthen clients’ financial resources while creating new income streams for your business. View the contest rules
and a 15-minute training session
are available on the contest website
AIG Better Ride Contest (8/1/2014 – 1/31/2015)
Now is your chance to rev it up, get in gear, and gain some traction! Producers will receive points based upon the sale of our permanent products, and additional points for selling AG Asset Protector on Secure Lifetime (AAS Rider & LIS Rider), and the AAS Rider on Elite Index II. For every 5 points a producer earns they will get a raffle ticket towards the drawing of a 2 year lease on a BMW 528i. Get complete details.
- American National:
2015 Marketing Conference (qualification period 1/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)
You and your guest will enjoy five days and four nights at The Cove Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas from May 17-21, 2015 if you are one of American National’s top 80 qualifiers. Click here for details.
- LIR Dash for Cash (5/15/2014 – 8/15/2014)
Apps submitted and paid between 5/15 and 8/15, earn cash for ASIA PLUS annuities sold with a Lifetime Income Rider!
- Annuity Level: $500,001 – $750,000 = $750 Bonus
- Annuity Level: $750,001 – $1,000,000 = $1000 Bonus
- Annuity Level: $1,000,000+ = $1500 Bonus
Top Producers Dublin 2015 (1/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)
Produce $3.5 Million or more (received during the qualification period of January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014) with Aviva or Athene products and then get ready to pack your bags for Ireland. Click here for details.
2015 Distribution Leaders Summit (1/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)
Discover South Africa – April 15 – 24, 2015! Click here for details.
Flex Effect LTC Sales contest (7/21/2014 – 9/30/2014)
For every Privileged Choice Flex, Privileged Choice Flex 2 and Privileged Choice Flex 3 Long Term Care Insurance application received between July 21st and September 30th, and placed by December 31st, your producers win VISA gift card(s). Click here for details.
- Lincoln National:
Double Your Credit (July 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014)
Help your clients prepare for the future and earn double PAP credit on all Lincoln MoneyGuard Solutions cases placed in force between July 1 and December 31, 2014. Click here for complete details.
- North American:
- Elite Agent Bonus Program (1/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)
Sizzle Summer Sales Incentive on RetireChoice (ENDS 8/29/2014)
Applies to applications received from May 19, 2014 to August 29, 2014. Transfers and 1035 Exchange premiums must be received by October 15, 2014. Click here for details.
- Level 1
Produce between $250,000 and $499,999 in NAC RetireChoice Issued Premium and choose between a $300 Omaha Steaks gift card -or-Maui Jim gift card
- Level 2
Produce between $500,000 and $999,999 in NAC RetireChoice Issued Premium and choose between a $750 PGA Superstore gift card -or- Apple gift card.
- Level 3
Produce $1,000,000+ in NAC RetireChoice Issued Premium and choose between a $2000 Travel Voucher -or- Cabela’s gift card.
Cash for Cases 5-5-5 Bonus Program (6/21/2014 – 9/22/2014)
For every 5 term or whole life policies with a premium of $500 or more, received between June 21 and September 22 and paid for by October 24, agents will earn a $500 bonus cash award. Selling 5 additional policies which meet these criteria will earn them another $500! If 5 or more of your agents qualify for the $500 bonus, then we will gift you an additional $500 for an agency lunch party. Click here for details.
Break Away and Travel with Transamerica (4/1/2014 – 12/19/2014)
- Agents who place $25,000 of premium (minimum 3 TLIC life applications) will earn a 3-day vacation package valued up to $1,400 for yourself and a guest.
- Agents who place $75,000 of premium (minimum 5 TLIC life applications) will earn a 5-day vacation package valued up to $5,000 for yourself and up to 3 guests.
- Click here for complete details.
Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (1/1/2014 – 12/31/2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. Click here for details. View the producer flyer.