- Accordia Life:
- Introducing Accordia Life Provider & Assure
Learn about Accordia Life and get a sneak peek of two new Accordia Life products available for sale on May 1st.
- Introducing Accordia Life Credits
Learn about Accordia Life and get a preview of the new Underwriting Program available on Accordia Life’s permanent Life products May 1st, featuring Susan L. Mayer, FALU, FLMI, AVP – Associate Chief Underwriter.
- American General:
- April 23rd – 1:00 PM CT – Accident & Health
- May 28th – 1:00 PM CT – Accident & Health
- Life Insurance training
- May 1st – 2:00 PM ET – Winflex Illustration Tips and Tricks IUL Basics
- May 15th – 2:00 PM ET – AG Quick Ticket
- Minnesota Life:
- 15-minute sales strategy teleconference – every Wednesday at 10:00 AM
This 8-week 15-minute sales call series will include a webinar component to demo the illustration programs and run different scenarios to help you make the sale.
Dial-in Number: 1-800-910-2399 Passcode: 224032
- North American:
Improve your knowledge of Indexed Universal Life (IUL). The webinars below will help you better understand the nuances of the product design. Sign up for one or all sessions. These quick-hitting webinars are 30 minutes, but may be extended for a discussion portion to answer all of your questions. Click the link above to register for any or all sessions.
- April 23rd – 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM ET – Session 4: Illustration Tips
- April 30th – 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM ET – Session 5: How to Sell
- Changing Needs
Discover the flexibility of North American’s life portfolio in accommodating to a client’s changing needs. Learn how the living benefits, the guaranteed exchange provision, and the protected death benefit can help you make future sales on a client’s changing needs over time.
- Heartbleed Bug
What is Heartbleed? According to heartbleed.com, it is “a serious vulnerability in the OpenSSL cryptographic software library. This weakness allows stealing the information protected, under normal conditions, by the SSL/TLS encryption used to secure the Internet. SSL/TLS provides communication security and privacy over the Internet for applications such as web, email, instant messaging and some virtual private networks.”
- Legal & General America assures that data is safe from Heartbleed Bug You can confidently assure concerned customers their data is safe. LGA’s web environment is proactively monitored to ensure all data is protected. As such, LGA’s web presence does not utilize the OpenSSL library which is the source of the Heartbleed vulnerability. Therefore, they are NOT affected by this recent security event. As a good security practice, they do recommend that passwords be changed on a regular basis for added protection.
- Transamerica assures TransACT has not been compromised by Heartbleed Bug TransACT has not been compromised by the Heartbleed Bug, so no action is necessary for General Agents or Producers.
- AIG/American General:
- Great new premiums on AG Select-a-Term
Significant, competitive improvements were achieved, with reductions of up to 10% and sometimes more in popular durations and risk classes.
- Learn about AG Asset Protector by watching
View the AG Asset Protector training video at any time, online. This short 6 minute video matches up the product to key consumer needs AND demonstrates how to position this unique package of living benefits to your clients. Additional training resources available via the Telling the Story page on RetireStronger.com.
- Impress affluent clients, their attorneys and advisors
Facilitate collaboration amongst your clients’ legal and tax counsel by providing sample documents like this CRAT as a professional courtesy. Hundreds of sample documents and agreements available in the “Specimen Documents” section of www.AGadvancedmarkets.com.
Why Cash Value Life Insurance?
– NEW presentation
Find out what four consumer pieces are best when talking to clients about life insurance; and get a great tip for opening the retirement planning discussion with clients.
- Legal & General America:
- Take a look at the OPTerm microsite
Marketing materials are just a click away. You’ll find competitive info, PDFs for agency personalization, PNGs and JPEGs to use in digital newsletters and on your website. If you link to the materials on LG’s server (and as long as they are active) they’ll never be out of date.
- Disclosure form update for Minnesota
The Notice Concerning Policyholder Rights in An Insolvency under the Minnesota Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association Law (form LU-1098 7/96) will no longer be required for applications taken in Minnesota. Effective immediately, please discontinue use of the now-obsolete form. Destroy your stock and/or remove the PDF from your internal systems.
- Minnesota Life:
- Underwriting Announcement
Minnesota Life has expanded their guidelines on build and elevated liver enzymes. This will result in an increase in offers extended in Long Term Care business.
- Mutual of Omaha:
- Children’s Whole Life is now on iGO eApp
Setting up a lifetime of coverage for a child may be one of the most important things a parent or grandparent can do. Children’s Whole Life is an affordable way to protect the child’s future insurability. And now that Children’s Whole Life is available on iGO eApp, it’s easier to have your applications submitted “in Good Order” and get them issued even quicker. Learn more about CWL.
- Protecting Estate Assets with Guaranteed Universal Life Survivor
When a grandparent purchases life insurance for their grandchild, it’s the perfect time to ask the grandparents about their own estate planning needs. Guaranteed Universal Life Survivor (GULS) provides a guaranteed death benefit and can help make sure their family doesn’t have to use their inheritance to pay estate settlement expenses. Learn more about this planning opportunity.
Chronic Illness Rider
– making a parent’s dream become a reality – case study
When clients think of chronic illnesses, they often think about the elderly, but that’s not always the case. This case study
shows how an Accelerated Death Benefit for Chronic Illness Rider could be used to help a parent turn their dreams into a reality.
- Use Age Last Birthday to get the best rates
Be sure to use your client’s date of birth when quoting United of Omaha products.
- North American:
- The new Custom Guarantee Gen 8
North American’s new Custom Guarantee UL is a generation ahead of the competition. When compared to other guaranteed ULs, Custom Guarantee has the lowest level-pay guaranteed premium in certain rate classes. That means your client may get all the benefits of a guaranteed UL at a lower premium level.
- Protective Life:
- Custom Choice UL – a better choice for short duration life insurance
When clients need short-duration life insurance coverage, a level-term policy may seem like the best solution, but what happens when those clients reach the end of their guaranteed level term period? Protective Custom Choice UL offers clients a solution for extended coverage.
- Solutions for clients who believe life insurance costs too much
Here’s a solution for agents struggling to overcome the concerns of clients who believe life insurance is too expensive.
- Preserve & enhance your clients’ legacy with Asset Protection Plus
Asset Protection Plus is a simple and effective strategy that can help your clients’ preserve and potentially enhance their legacy by repositioning assets that they do not expect to need during life (their legacy assets) to fund a life insurance policy. This e-kit has been created to provide you with a platform to introduce your clients to the concept and provide you with the components to effectively incorporate it into your practice.
Changes to SBLI’s Child Rider
– effective May 1st
Effective May 1, 2014, SBLI’s Child Rider maximum face amount will increase from $10,000 to $25,000. View the transition rules.
Your clients will be able to purchase between $10,000 and $25,000 in $1,000 increments. Given the increased maximum face amount, the maximum conversion amount will be $125,000, up from $50,000. The Child Rider’s annual premium rate will increase from $5.40 to $6.00 per thousand dollars purchased. In order to be eligible for the current Rider’s rates, the following criteria must be met:
- The rates must be quoted before May 1.
- The application signature must be dated no later than April 30, and the application must be received at SBLI’s home office by May 9.
- Applications must be in pending status prior to May 1.
Prospects with applications in pending status prior to May 1 will only be able to purchase $10,000 of Child Rider coverage unless their entire application is received at SBLI’s home office between May 1 and May 9.
- New Whole Life Insurance – a compelling alternative to GUL and IUL
Its straightforward product design provides a welcome alternative to GUL and IUL.
- FLEXIBILITY: Six products with up to eight riders per policy
- INTEGRITY: Participating products from a company with an excellent actual-vs.-projected dividend history
- GUARANTEES: A lifetime of protection with strong guarantees
- Reduced rates for Trendsetter Super 20
Trendsetter Super 20 now has new lower premium rates. Make the most of this opportunity to provide clients with a great product that combines the benefits of term life insurance with options to meet their needs, such as a Return of Premium and higher issue ages. Click here for more information on Trendsetter Super Series.
- What’s the current cap?
We get this question all the time. But, are they also looking at the future caps? Nobody knows what next year will bring; much less every year for the life of the contract. But, Genworth’s innovative Bailout feature does give clients the peace of mind to know that their renewal caps cannot go below a certain level…or they can leave the contract free of surrender penalties & MVA. That bailout cap is currently 4.50% at $100k & 4.70% at $250k on their 7 year product (state variations apply). Take a look at the links below for other Key Differentiators on the Genworth index products; and visit www.genworth.com/annuitysalescenter for current rate sheets (with bailout rates) and sales ideas to help you uncover more sales opportunities.
- North American:
- Charter Fixed Index Annuity
- Up to 11.54% Fixed Account Rate – 1st year yield
- Index Cap Rate Only Product
- Add the optional Income Pay Guaranteed Lifetime Withdrawal Benefit (GLWB) Rider with the new Income Multiplier (x2) Feature.
Interest rate change – effective April 29th
On April 29th, interest rates will decrease on most North American annuities. Watch your email for a rate announcement with updated rate sheets coming soon.
New Business Guidelines: The new interest rates will apply to applications received in the Home Office on or after April 29th. To receive current interest rates, applications must be received in the Home Office before April 29th. North American will accept faxed, signed applications only on transfers to hold previous interest rates if faxed into the Home Office on April 28th. Originals must be received in the Home Office April 29th by 5:00 PM CST. Fax to: 866-322-7073. (NOTE: USPS does not guarantee next day delivery, please be aware when selecting your postal carrier.)
- Protective Indexed Annuity II with SecurePay SE
Protective Indexed Annuity II with the optional SecurePay SE withdrawal benefit offers the growth potential and protection clients need now-and protected lifetime income they’ll need later.
- Changes to Edge Pro 7-Year Guaranteed Minimum Cap Rate
- Mutual of Omaha:
- Grow your LTCi sales with Mutual of Omaha
Learn why LTCi is the right product for Mutual of Omaha…and why Mutual of Omaha is the right company for you.
- Back to the LTCi Basics: Home Benefits with 0-Day Elimination Period
Most people want to stay in their homes as long as possible. Transamerica LTCi benefits with 0-Day Elimination Periods make it possible, with no extra premium required.
- Virtual LTC Sales Summit: Watch Free Live Streaming
Can’t attend the 2014 Long Term Care Solutions Sales Summit? Sign up to watch free live online streaming of select sessions.
- LTCi in the Wall Street Journal
Wall Street Journal confirmed the advantages of stand-alone LTCi we’ve been talking about lately.
- New Underwriting Guide Available
It’s time for a spring LTC materials cleaning! Get a fresh start with our most recent Transamerica LTC Field Underwriting Guide.
DISABILITY & CRITICAL ILLNESS
|Get Ready! May is Disability Insurance Awareness Month.
- American National:
- Cash is King 2014 (ENDS April 30th)
Earn a CASH BONUS for annuity sales! Total of all fixed/ indexed annuities paid. Minimum of 3 applications.
- $500,001 – $750,000 = $750 cash bonus
- $750,001 – $1,000,000 = $1000 cash bonus
- $1,000,000+ = $1500 cash bonus
2015 Marketing Conference (qualification period 1/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)
You and your guest will enjoy five days and four nights at The Cove Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas from May 17-21, 2015 if you are one of American National’s top 80 qualifiers.
- Legal & General America:
Go Figure Contest (3/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)
This agency incentive begins March 1st and runs through 2014, BUT the qualifications restart again on July 1st
, and then again on October 1st
. To win an iPad or Android Tablet, you need to focus on financial institutions!
- North American:
- Elite Agent Bonus Program (1/1/2014 – 12/31/2014)