- Captive insurance sales practices suspended – effective April 17th
Minnesota Life and Securian Life have suspended the sale of life insurance policies where the sale involves the use of Captive Insurance Companies. The suspension of business will remain in effect while they review the practice. If you have questions please call:
- 1-877-696-6654 (Securian and Broker-Dealer partners)
- 1-888-413-7860, Option 1 (Independent Brokerage)
- Licensing requirement for compensation on business written in Illinois – reminder
Any producer or group that expects to be compensated (Commission, Override, Bonus) for any in-force or new business in Illinois must have a current license in Illinois. Read the Field Update for details on how to submit proof of license.
- New interest rates
This Field Bulletin details new rates on life in-force and new business effective April 1, 2015 at Athene and April 15, 2015 at Accordia Life.
- Lifetime Foundation – SPOTLIGHT
Check out this new flyer – Too Much Life, Not Enough Life Insurance.
- Check out the Spotlight on Sales page!
Go to www.accordianow.com/sales for an easy to use source of case studies and in-depth looks at Accordia’s products and their features. Bookmark the page today.
- Insights from Advanced Markets – The Departure of a Key Employee – NEW!
Learn more about Key Person planning in this case study about Krunch Printing.
- Lifetime Foundation – reminder
View the top 5 reasons to sell Lifetime Foundation. Also, view this presentation to learn more.
View the April Rate Sheet.
- People don’t buy life insurance, they buy what life insurance can do
Now available, two ways to get your hands on InsMark sales concepts for AIG products. Click here to learn how.
- NEW OPTerm rates. NEW band. NEW child rider! – effective April 20th
The new OPTerm rates apply to both Banner and William Penn policies and Term Riders effective April 20, 2015. The Child Rider is available on April 20, 2015 for Banner OPTerm policies issued with the new rates. New applications received by May 20, 2015 and applications currently pending, will be issued with the rates most favorable for the applicant. Applications received May 21, 2015 and later will be issued with the new rates. Download the full administrative guidelines.
- Resources for aging clients
Over 70 percent of people over age 65 will need some form of long-term care. Clients concerned about long term care costs will appreciate this Long-Term Care Agreement (LTCA) as a fresh alternative for covering long term care. With the LTCA – available on select policies – clients can receive long term care benefits, a death benefit or both. Check out these materials:
- Great rates on Term Life Answers can win the sale
Term Life Answers’ new Preferred Plus, Preferred Nontobacco and Standard Nontobacco ratesare the best rates Mutual of Omaha has ever offered.
- GUL & GUL Plus with living benefits to offer your clients – all at no additional cost
The primary reason your clients purchase life insurance is to protect their loved ones in case the unexpected happens. What many don’t realize is that a life insurance policy can also provide benefits while they are still alive. View this sales idea to learn how you can offer your clients protection along with flexibility to meet their needs.
- New Mobile Quoting App – now available
This new quoting application will allow you to run quotes on the go with or without an internet connection.
- Still Selling Traditional Term? Why?
A traditional term policy may seem like the best way to provide low-cost coverage for your clients’ short-term needs. But does it provide a better value when those needs change? Custom Choice UL (10 to 30-year option) offers a different approach with affordable protection that’s flexible enough to help clients continue coverage for changing needs-without higher renewal rates.
- Rx For Success eKit – NEW!
Here’s a new eKit for fast access to some of Prudential’s most popular ‘Rx For Success’ topics.
- Estate Planning eKit
Generally, your clients understand that life insurance replaces lost income in the event of their death. A life insurance policy can do more though and can be an important element in your client’s overall estate plan. The materials consolidated into this eKit will help you to better understand how diverse estate planning can be, assist in identifying opportunities, and ultimately make it easier to meet with clients.
- Term Conversions – helpful reminders
This is just a reminder that term conversion requests should be sent to the Prudential Term Conversions e-mail box – email@example.com. Also, please note that Term Conversions are considered replacements and subject to New York Reg 60 guidelines.
- Marketing support on PruXpress – NEW!
The marketing section on PruXpress (login required) has been enhanced to make it easier for you to navigate resources on general and advanced marketing concepts; as well as Expand your Markets collateral. Visit the new page today to view brochures, flyers, articles, newsletters, seminars, continuing education, and more!
- Flexible Death Benefit Options for Chronic and Terminal Illness
As a caretaker to her ailing father, Margie comes to realize the financial demands families may endure due to the chronic or terminal illness of an aging parent. Thus, she does not want her children to worry about insufficient funds if she becomes chronically ill or dies prematurely. Margie’s financial professional provided her with a solution that could help meet either of these needs through the re-priced 2015 UL Protector with the BenefitAccess Rider.
- Privacy Notice change
Effective immediately, the Standard Privacy Notice no longer needs to be provided for any products. Instead, the HIPAA Privacy Notice is to be supplied to the customer at the time of application when an LTC rider is added to a product.
- Foreign Nationals can benefit big from Legacy Planning
A foreign national has the same needs for life insurance that a U.S. citizen does. This article – 3 Ways to Mitigate Risk When Planning for non-U.S. Citizens – discusses the various types of legacy planning that can help a foreign national prosper.
- Post Tax Season Sales Ideas
Tax season is almost over and you will finally have access to your clients again. Review their tax returns with them so you can show how an annuity could:
- Remove taxable interest from their tax return
- Remove taxable dividend from their tax return
- Shelter income so social security payments will not be taxable
- Guarantee lifetime income, with a low taxable percentage, by converting funds to a SPIA
- Get sales ideas now!
- Consumer approved marketing materials
- BenefitSolutions fixed index annuity
- BenefitSolutions II is now available in select states
The industry’s newest fixed index annuity innovation is now available in Alaska, Minnesota, Missouri, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia and Washington.
- Volatility Control Index
This Index is now available on the Performance Choice 8, 8 Plus, 12 and 12 Plus fixed index annuities. Check out the Performance Choice 8 and 8 Plus “Top 5” flyer!
- Interest Rate Benchmark Strategy removed from Secure Index – effective April 24th
Due to the rising option costs associated with the 3 month LIBOR, Voya has decided to remove the Interest Rate Benchmark Strategy as an available strategy within the Secure Index Family.
- Transition Rules
Effective April 24, 2015, the Voya Interest Rate Benchmark Strategy will be closed to new issues on the Voya Secure Index product line up or Voya Secure Index Series Annuities.
- All applications with checks and 1035 Exchange/Qualified Transfer paperwork business must be signed and received in good order on or before April 24, 2015.
- All order entry tickets must have a submit date with the order entry file of April 24, 2015 or prior and must be received in good order.
- Contracts whose application received date is prior to the closure date, April 24, 2015, will be allowed to make re-allocations to the Interest Rate Benchmark Strategy; however new premiums cannot be added directly into the Interest Rate Benchmark Strategy.
- The Interest Rate Benchmark Strategy will continue to be available on the following products:
- Voya Wealth Builder Six Annuity
- Voya Wealth Builder Eight Annuity
- Voya Wealth Builder Plus Annuity
- Stronger cap rates with more benefit base potential on Wealth Builder Plus
Introducing the new Voya Wealth Builder Plus Annuity with cap rates up to 6.25% and Guaranteed lifetime income.
- Show clients how to grow, protect and enjoy their retirement savings
View a sneak peak of the Voya Secure Index Opportunities Plus Annuity client approved video.
- Agent appointment application – updated
The Annuity Application for Agent Appointment required for sales of Voya Annuity and Asset Sales line of annuities has been updated.
- Virginia application – revised
The Virginia specific applications, listed below, have been updated for the Regulatory Settlement Agreement and the removal of the Interest Rate Benchmark strategy. The updated forms will be available on April 27, 2015. Also, Virginia has approved the use of a state specific application for the Voya Wealth Builder Series of Annuities. This state specific form, 168243, will be available April 27, 2015.
- 171197 – Multi Product FIA
- 171198 – Multi Product FIA Bank
- 171199 – Select Rate
- 171200 – Lifetime Income
- LTC rate increase implementation on in-force business
Rate increase implementation will begin on in-force business in Arkansas, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
- The Secret to Growing LTCi
If you’ve ever attempted to grow a garden, you know it takes time, patience and dedication before you start seeing results. The same is true when it comes to growing your LTCi business. Once you learn what’s keeping your clients up at night, you can plant the seed that LTCi may be able to help. Then, you have to nurture that budding idea by staying in contact and following up with additional information. When the idea finally takes root, you can offer a specific product solution and close the sale. Remember this takes time. It won’t happen in one appointment. Read more. Get prospecting materials.
- 3 good reasons your clients will appreciate Mutual of Omaha’s LTCi
The three reasons are: innovative products, competitive pricing and a company that’s financially strong. View this competitive comparison flyer to see how the features of their products stack up to the competition.
- The Role of LTCi in Retirement Planning
View this sales idea.
- How to Find People to Talk to
View this training presentation.
- You’re Not Too Small for Multi-Life
- Tailored CBIO available with TransCare II on April 29th
- New Product Training Sessions available
- AALTCI Launches on Demand Learning
- Forbes: More Companies Support Caregivers
Get ready for DISABILITY INSURANCE AWARENESS MONTH this May!
- Great tools from Life Happens
- New DI Underwriting Guides – now available
New DI Underwriting Guides (16757) are now available. The new guides are available on SPA or through your normal ordering channels. There have been multiple updates to them, including:
- Addition of the DI Student Program
- Revised sections of the Common Medical Conditions
- Minor changes to Product Combinations and Tobacco use
- Minor additions to Uninsurable Occupations
- 12% Household Discount available in New Mexico – effective May 1st
A new 12% household discount will be available on May 1, 2015 on United of Omaha’s Medicare supplement in New Mexico.
- Consumer Online Application
The Medicare supplement Consumer Online Application is now available for Colorado, Georgia, Nebraska and South Carolina.
- Marketing Credits – Good as Cash
Earn Marketing Credits for your Medicare supplement sales and redeem them for eligible business-building activities and merchandise.
- Rate Adjustments
Upcoming rate adjustments on 2010 Modernized United OH and 1990 Standardized Mutual OH and TX; United World OH and United OK, OH and TN.
- 2015 CASH IS KING for Fixed Annuities (ENDS April 30, 2015)
American National is paying a cash bonus for fixed annuities between January 1st and April 30th. Get complete details.
- 2016 Marketing Conference in Hawaii (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
The top 80 qualifiers and their guest will be invited to enjoy six days and five nights at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Click here for complete details.
- LTCI Marketing Credits Program (November 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
Mutual of Omaha’s LTCI Marketing Credits Program gives you the opportunity to score marketing credits that can be used to help build your LTCi business. Start earning credits on your fifth LTCi app placed after November 1, 2014.
- Earn 1% of ANBP
- 1 credit = $1
- Credits must be redeemed by March 31, 2016
- Mutual Sales Leaders in Rome! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Experience all that is Rome when you qualify for Mutual Sales Leaders in 2015! Your Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement and Simplified Issue Life sales can take you to the Eternal City where you’ll enjoy centuries of iconic achievements in Roman art and architecture. It’s the trip of a lifetime! Click here for complete details.
- Special Med Supp Cash for Apps in Ohio (March 1 – May 31, 2015)
All Omaha Insurance Company Medicare supplement net-issued applications in Ohio from March 1, 2015 – May 31, 2015 will earn cash. Click here for complete details.
- Elite Producer Club – annuity incentive (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn up to 1% extra commission on all North American Fixed Index Annuities in 2015! Click here for complete details.
- Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. Click here for details.
- Breakaway Travel 2015! (February 1 – December 18, 2015)
Break Away returns for 2015 with more destinations and new opportunities to qualify! Click here for the producer rules & regulations.