|CARRIER & INDUSTRY
- Advertising and sales material guidelines – reminder
Please review AIG’s guidelines concerning the approval and use of independent producer-generated advertising and sales material.
- Montana no longer JIT State – effective October 19th
Effective October 19, 2015, Montana will not be considered a Just In Time (JIT) state. An appointment application and state appointment confirmation will be required prior to solicitation of new business.
- New York Reg 60 “One-Step” Processing Changes and Form Revisions
View the changes.
- First US Pension Group Annuity Contract
LGA has entered into an agreement with the US subsidiary of Royal Philips to provide retirement payments under a group annuity contract to approximately 14,000 of Philips’ US retirees and other former employees, which will reduce the firm’s pension obligations upon the closing of the contract in early December. Gene R. Gilbertson, President and CEO, Legal & General America, called the collaboration with Legal & General America Retirement “a success story that will attract assets to our company, spearhead the exploration of new investment strategies, potentially yield a retail income annuity suite capability, and open new opportunities for LGA’s BGA distributors.” The transfer by Philips of approximately $900 million of current retiree pension obligations is being split between Legal & General America and The Prudential Insurance Company of America, with each insurer providing 50 percent of the total monthly benefits to Philips’ retirees. Furthermore, American United Life Insurance Company, a OneAmerica company, will be issuing annuities to plan participants who had not yet retired by May 2015, bringing the total transaction between the three insurance companies to $1.1 billion and covering a total of 17,000 plan participants.
- Updated Sales Professional Access (SPA)
SPA has a fresh new look with some exciting enhancements. If you haven’t already, download the new login instructions.
- You and your clients can view policy information on a tablet or smartphone
View the agent and client training videos below to learn how to access the information.
- AccessMyLab for Online Lab Results – reminder
Prudential has partnered with CRL to deliver life insurance exam laboratory results timely and accurately through a secure and convenient online tool. Share the news.
- Notice of Adverse Underwriting Decisions in Virginia
Virginia requires that Transamerica make producers aware of the company’s responsibility to provide a notice of adverse underwriting decisions (AUD) to insureds. Transamerica currently complies with this requirement, and the existing AUD notification process remains unchanged. View the Administrative Letter, which states this requirement as well as outlines situations in which insureds would receive a notice.
- Prohibition on Rebating – update
View Transamerica’s Prohibition on Rebating. The update is that promotional games of chance are considered a prohibited rebating activity.
- What happens when clients ask about Social Security?
Show your agents how to run personalized, professional reports that would help their clients understand their options for filing. Social Security Pro is the latest upgrade from Social Security Explorer. Tell your agents to go to the Advanced Markets tab on Accordianow.com and create their free login for Social Security Pro.
- Run scenarios on their iPhone (and most other modern smartphones) to get quick answers when the conversation turns to social security.
- Input client birthdates for true calendar year calculations – so much more powerful than hypothetical year projections.
- Run scenarios for couples where one spouse has already filed.
- Show early survivor benefits for spouses (ages 60 and 61).
- Arm your agents with a new, robust detailed “Action Plan” report for their clients that will help them educate them about what to do, and when and why to do it.
- Generation Matters – NEW!
AIG has a new and exciting campaign addressing the differences in the generations to help your agents grow their business. This training program can help them improve sales effectiveness by becoming familiar with the needs and communication preferences of each generation. It provides everything they need, including:
- Customizable webinar invite
- Elite Global Survivor – discontinued effective October 30th
On October 30, 2015, sales of Elite Global Survivor life insurance will be discontinued nationwide. The transition rules are:
- The Elite Global Survivor product will be discontinued effective 10/30/2015.
- After 10/19/2015, new applications will no longer be accepted for the Elite Global Survivor product.
- New application and forms – effective October 12th
Find out what’s changing.
- Keep Life Insurance Awareness going!
Life Insurance Awarness month is officially over, but that doesn’t mean you need to stop promoting the importance of life insurance. LGA will keep their LIAM microsite active with materials throughout the year.
- Clients live longer than they think
Advanced planning can turn an insurance death benefit into a living benefit. With early planning, insurance riders can be offered to increase client control over their health care choices. One such rider is the Lincoln LifeEnhance Accelerated Benefits Rider (ABR), which can turn a policy’s death benefit into a living benefit. Clients with the ABR have a source of tax advantaged funds that may be used for any purpose they choose in the event of a permanent or chronic terminal illness. Help your agents show their clients how they can prepare for the risks of longevity and protect their wealth.
- Take advantage of Class Match
MetLife’s Class Match Program can help offer clients additional insurance coverage with limited underwriting. It may be able to issue a new policy matching a client’s in-force policy’s underwriting class and face amount – up to $1.5 million. Even better, the policy is issued:
– In days, not weeks
– With no new lab work required
– With no paramed exam
Hurry, this program is only available until December 31, 2015. For all the details regarding restrictions, eligibility and qualification, please see the Program Guide.
- Advanced Sales Insights
- Making Eclipse illustrations easy
Do you have trouble navigating a life illustration and wish someone could walk you through how to run an Eclipse Indexed or Eclipse Protector illustration? Watch this Eclipse Indexed Life video.
- An Easier Way to Explain Cash Value
More than a death benefit, permanent life insurance policies offer clients a way to build and use tax-preferred cash value while they are living. This new video offers you an easy way to help clients understand what cash value is and how cash value in a permanent life insurance policy may benefit them.
- Help clients see why life insurance should be part of their financial strategy
Your clients need to employ a diverse set of financial tools in order to help maximize their assets and minimize their taxes. Permanent life insurance is one such tool for clients who need a death benefit. It offers tax-deferred cash value growth and tax-preferred distributions with no age restrictions, both of which make permanent life insurance ideal for supplemental retirement income. Review the new Life Insurance as a Financial Tool (LIFT) marketing materials to learn more.
- Lock In Protection with Just One Payment
Purchasing a life insurance policy with one single premium payment can be a great way for clients to help ensure their family is protected — no matter what happens.
- Distributing the Family Business Equitably
Estate equalization allows a business owner to divide their children’s inheritances equitably when some children work in the family business and others do not. Learn how life insurance can be a solution to help distribute the business and preserve family harmony.
- Simplify with Express
Express life insurance products offer simplified underwriting and application processes, which means policies are issued faster and your agents get paid quicker.
- GUL and GUL Plus: What’s the Difference?
The GUL and GUL Plus products have a lot in common — but there are a few differences. Take a look at this side-by-side comparison to understand which product makes the most sense for clients.
- Changes to Caps & Participation Rates for IUL policies
Changes will be coming soon to the inforce, non-marketed products: Rapid Builder IUL 2 and Guarantee Builder IUL 2. Get details.
- Protective Today – September 30th edition
In this issue:
- 2016 Protective Life Sales Convention
- Current operations updates
- Protective Survivorship Term thrives among clients who are involved in estate planning
- Small premium differences don’t matter
- Start the Inheritance Conversation to help improve retirement readiness
In this recent white paper, Mark Hug discusses the relationship between retirement readiness and inheritance. The National Retirement Risk Index (NRRI) indicates that 52% of Americans are at risk of being unable to maintain their pre-retirement standards of living. But for those who receive even a modest inheritance, the risk decreased from 45% to 40%. While the overall impact of inheritances on the NRRI may be minor, the impact for individual households who inherit assets is anything but. That’s a client conversation worth starting!
- Total Living Coverage (TLC) credited interest rate change – effective October 19th
The credited interest rate for TLC will be lowered on October 19, 2015 from 3.85% to 3.6% on new policies. Read the bulletin.
- NEW TOOLS!
- The Income Gap Finder – NEW!
Are your clients facing a potential retirement income gap? This easy-to-use tool can help them determine how much income they’ll need to maintain their lifestyle in retirement and where they stand in regards to achieving that goal. The Income Gap Finder can help clients:
- Identify current assets, guaranteed income and potential income gaps
- Evaluate expenses, withdrawal strategies and guaranteed income rates
- Guarantee more potential income by repositioning assets to an annuity to cover essential and lifestyle expenses
- The Guaranteed Living Benefit Estimator – NEW!
The new Index Annuity Guaranteed Living Benefit Estimator can help you to quickly illustrate the benefits of choosing Power 7 Protector Plus Income or Power 10 Protector Plus Income with Lifetime Income Plus – AND, it allows you to easily generate customized reports for your clients.
- Learn more about the ML Strategic Balanced Index
This multi-asset index offers upside potential while helping to smooth out market volatility. Available in two index interest crediting methods within the Power Series of Index Annuities, the index offers the potential for stable and attractive index interest crediting through varying market and interest rate environments.
- State specific notifications
- West Virginia
Effective immediately, illustration software capabilities for Traditional Fixed Deferred Annuities and Index Annuities have been turned off West Virginia due to regulatory changes. Note: West Virginia is the sixth state to adopt Model annuity illustrations requirements. Other states include: Alabama, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio and Rhode Island.
Due to regulatory changes, illustration software capabilities for Traditional Fixed Deferred Annuities have been turned off in Maine.
- Annuity rates for October
View them now.
- Buyer’s Guide for WI
Beginning October 2, 2015, AIG will began requiring that producers provide the Buyer’s Guide for Deferred Annuities to clients before or at the time of application for sales of the following AGL annuity products in Wisconsin:
- Deferred income fixed annuity
- Revised Replacement Forms for fixed annuities in CA, FL, IL, KS & MO
View the bulletin.
- October annuity rates
View them now.
- Revised Suitability Form
The Annuity Suitability Analysis / US Patriot Act Forms have been revised (4465 and 4465-NJ). American National will continue to accept the previous forms until November 1, 2015. After that date, 11/01/2015, the new forms (with revision dates of 09/15) will be required with all annuity applications. California and Minnesota will now use Form 4465 instead of the state specific forms previously used. The new Annuity Suitability Form Producer Guide is also available to assist you with completing the updated suitability form. Florida will continue to use Form 10294 for suitability and 10293 for replacing an annuity.
- Guaranteed Income Riders
Guarantee an income stream for life for your clients by adding an Optional Lifetime Income Rider to the ANICO Strategy Indexed Annuity PLUS product.
- Charter Plus Fixed Index Annuity – NEW PRODUCT!
Discover the next-generation Charter design.
- Two-Year Crediting Method and Volatility Control Index – NEW!
Multi-year crediting methods have become a popular alternative for clients seeking the potential for stronger upside growth. North American has enhanced the NAC RetireChoice and NAC IncomeChoice fixed index annuities with the addition of a new innovative crediting method and index. Be sure to download the new allocation form.
- Help spread the word about the importance of saving for retirement
Take a moment to check out this campaign hosted by the Indexed Annuity Leadership Council (IALC) to build awareness for National Save for Retirement Week. If you have a Twitter account, you can participate and invite others to participate as well. It’s easy and there is no cost.
|LONG TERM CARE
- In-Force Rate Action announcement for NY
Read the announcement.
- Overcome one of the biggest challenges to selling long term care insurance – price
The FlexFit Premium package helps you overcome this obstacle with options starting at less than $100 monthly for qualified applicants. This package makes it easier to meet your client’s needs with prepackaged benefits based on the annual premium. Plus, it provides strong protection even at low price points, with key benefits such as:
- 3% Compound Inflation Protection
- Outstanding Privileged Care Coordination
- LTC News – October 1st edition
In this issue:
- How Transamerica Secure makes it easier for you
- New presentation and flyer to educate clients
- Updated Multi-Life Guides
- 50 statistics you may not know about LTC
No bulletins to report this week.
- Life After an Accident or Illness
A video from the Life Foundation illustrates how Disability Insurance allows clients to continue to live their life if an accident or illness happens.
- Hearing Discount Pilot in TX
Mutual of Omaha is piloting a hearing health discount program for Medicare supplement policyholders in Texas.
- Rate Adjustments
View the Medicare supplement rate adjustments on 2010 Modernized in Florida and Hawaii; 1990 Standardized in Florida and New Jersey; and Florida and Tennessee Plan N.
- 10% Bonus Commission on Value+ IUL (June 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn an extra 10% BONUS COMMISSION on Value+ IUL policies paid between June 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- NO thresholds to meet
- NO tiered payouts
- NO maximums
- No restrictions on how the extra commission is used- for example, you may wish to share all or part of the bonus with your producers, creating an incentive program of your own.
- 2016 Marketing Conference in Hawaii (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
The top 80 qualifiers and their guest will be invited to enjoy six days and five nights at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Click here for complete details.
- 2016 LFN Convention in The Bahamas! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Indulge in the beauty and splendor of the brand-new, ultra-extravagant Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar in the Bahamas. LFN qualifiers will enjoy the sun-drenched sand and surf, as well as one of the islands most beautiful and challenging 18-hole golf courses. Get qualification detailshere.
- 2016 LFN Summit in Prague, CZ (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Set your sights on the crown jewel of Eastern Europe as we head to Prague, Czech Republic. The exquisite Four Seasons Prague will host our qualifiers in a luxurious setting overlooking the famed Charles Bridge. Get qualification details here.
- DI Growth Challenge – Part II (July 1 – December 31, 2015)
Increase your MetLife DI premium by 15% and receive a cash bonus of 6%. Get complete details.
- LTCI Marketing Credits Program (November 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
Mutual of Omaha’s LTCI Marketing Credits Program gives you the opportunity to score marketing credits that can be used to help build your LTCi business. Start earning credits on your fifth LTCi app placed after November 1, 2014.
- Credits must be redeemed by March 31, 2016
- Mutual Sales Leaders in Rome! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Experience all that is Rome when you qualify for Mutual Sales Leaders in 2015! Your Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement and Simplified Issue Life sales can take you to the Eternal City where you’ll enjoy centuries of iconic achievements in Roman art and architecture. It’s the trip of a lifetime! Click here for complete details.
- Elite Producer Club – annuity incentive (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn up to 1% extra commission on all North American Fixed Index Annuities in 2015! Get complete details.
- 2016 Protective Life Sales Convention (July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016)
Make sure you’re taking advantage of the full qualification period for the Protective Life Sales Convention. Write your business today so by next May, you’ll be able to savor your success!Qualification Period: combined business from July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016.Qualification Rules: top 40 BGAs with a minimum of $1,000,000 net paid annualized life premium (NPAP). NPAP is defined in the Independent Agents Agreement each BGA holds with Protective Life.Minimum life count of 15 paid applications.No credit for Annuity or BOLI premium.Convention point credit will be given on excess premium at 6%
- Founders PLus Bonus Program (EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2015)
This This means you have another three months to earn an additional 20% bonus compensation on all new PruLife Founders Plus UL business you place. Click here for complete details.
- Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. Click here for details.
- Breakaway Travel 2015! (February 1 – December 18, 2015)
Break Away returns for 2015 with more destinations and new opportunities to qualify! Click here for the producer rules & regulations.
- The Insurables! A Learn and Earn Promotion (June 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016)
The Insurables is a rewards-based program designed to engage and motivate producers to grow sales. Through a series of videos, producers are given the opportunity to learn more about key clients — The Insurables — as well as a chance to earn prizes and a 10 percent commission enhancement. Click here to start learning and earning. Please note: New York, Guam, Puerto Rico and non-U.S. business is excluded from the program. Get complete details!