|SALES, MARKETING & INDUSTRY ARTICLES
- Helping Clients Recover Their Retirements – Part 1
This column on retirement is written for clients in their 50s or 60s who did not act, or whose planning was swamped by misfortune. Read more.
- 5 Tips to Build a Senior-Friendly Practice
By concentrating on this growing market as boomers start to hit 70, advisors can provide financial planning services for decades. Read more.
|LIFE INSURANCE AWARENESS MONTH
IT’S LIFE INSURANCE AWARENESS MONTH!
- AIG’s AG News has a special edition for Life Insurance Awareness Month. In this issue, you find:
- Consumer Showcase: A brand new Life Insurance Awareness page for use with consumers! It’s a product agnostic, informative solution for explaining the value of life insurance to clients.
- Plug-n-play campaign: A post a day to get you through the month: ready-to-use LIAM social media posts, rolled up in an easy-to-follow calendar.
- Conversation starters: Put your email signature to work. Add one of our updated infostats or banners to your email signature and help jump start a valuable life insurance conversation.
- Global Atlantic presents Simply Speaking: Life Insurance.This plain-English look at life insurance presents easy-to-understand answers to key questions for your clients. It’s designed to support you in educating clients as you advise them on making the right life insurance choice.
- What Is Life Insurance?
The first Simply Speaking: Life Insurance video is now available! With an engaging interview and entertaining story touching on when not to think about life insurance, this video helps educate clients on who’s involved in the purchase of life insurance and who needs life insurance in the first place.
- Why Do I Need Life Insurance?
Including a testimonial on the peace and security life insurance can provide when facing some of life’s uncertainties, “Why Do I Need Life Insurance?” takes viewers right to the heart of the matter.
- How Much Life Insurance Do I Need?
Including a heartfelt testimonial from the perspective of a beneficiary, “How Much Life Insurance Do I Need?” also looks at the considerations that come up when deciding on the right amount of coverage.
- John Hancock is highlighting the positive impact the John Hancock Vitality solution has had on producers and the clients they serve. Take a look at the In Your Own Words series of real life stories below to see how the John Hancock Vitality solution is helping consumers live healthier lives, while providing advisors with new sales opportunities.
The Case of the Changing Conversation
The Case of the Small Business Market
The Case of the Seller Becoming the Buyer
The Case of the Easy Referral
Also, check out these Life Happens Consumer-Approved Flyers that speak to retirees and young families, and address the importance of having a healthy mind, body, and financial plan.
- Legal & General America is helping you kick off this important time in the life insurance industry with an updated microsite you can share with agents.
- Lincoln Financial wants to bring your attention to women and long-term care for LTC Awareness; how to recognize and serve their unique needs. There are a variety of reasons why women make ideal candidates for long-term care planning. This white paper reviews the heightened risk factors that women face, and the planning opportunities they open up for advisors. You can also share this new client-approved white paper with your clients (except in CA).Minnesota Life’s new LIAM page contains facts, resources and a life insurance needs analysis calculator to help your clients determine how much coverage they need to adequately protect their families.
- Minnesota Life’s new LIAM page contains facts, resources and a life insurance needs analysis calculator to help your clients determine how much coverage they need to adequately protect their families.
- Mutual/United of Omaha is helping you plan ahead for Life Insurance Awareness Month. Take a look at the materials available to assist you with your marketing efforts. Here are a few key pieces to help get started:
- Prudential’s new consumer-approved video series for Life Insurance Awareness Month can help generate life insurance conversations.
- IUL selling tools
Videos & sales ideas to educate clients and meet their unique needs.
- Tips to help tap your referral potential
It’s all in how you ask. Growing your referral network can be easier than you think when you have extra tools to help. AIG’s Referral Speak scripts offer:
- Tips to grow your business with referrals
- How to create client advocates
- Help to build productive professional networks
- Signature Term Life Insurance with Living Benefits
Term Insurance with Living Benefits can give your clients options when they need it most. Learn more.
- ExpertApp replaces iGO applications – Learn more.
- Whole Life premiums that stand out – Learn more.
- Life insurance that also provides for unexpected illness – Learn more.
- Take Five: Quick Hits Newsletter – September 15th
In this issue:
- Term with Vitality now approved in 48 states
- Understanding Transfer-for-Value – updated
- Insurance Planning for Women Materials – consumer approved
- The Case of the Seller Becoming the Buyer
Hear real life stories of how producers are achieving sales success with John Hancock Vitality. In this case, John Hancock Vitality helped Matt lose more than forty pounds in one year; while saving enough on premiums to offset the cost of the long-term care rider!
- The Lincoln Leader for Life – September 21st
In this issue:
- Lincoln to work with policy owners impacted by recent hurricanes
- Secondary Addressee Notification Letters
- Term Life Premium reminder & Special Reinstatement enhancements
- Updated 4506T-EZ form
- Enhancements to the DesignIt deferred compensation tool
- Alexander Hamilton & First Alexander Hamilton credited interest rate change
- Lincoln MoneyGuard II – expanded payment options & pricing changes for Montana
- Redesigned IUL Annual Statements
Get details; including a guide and presentation to help your clients understand their statements.
- The term-perm combo – NEW!
With Securian’s term-perm combo strategy, your clients don’t have to choose between term or permanent life insurance. Instead, they can enjoy the benefits of both types of policies to help maximize distributions and their death benefit coverage.
- Bills, Budgeting & Mutual of Omaha
One of the ways a company can show it cares about its customers is by offering flexible payment dates. Mutual of Omaha now offers flexible payment dates for all products when customers use automatic deduction and complete a paper application. Get full details.
- Check out Living Promise for a fresh solution!
As Boomers age and final expenses increase, the need for Living Promise final expense life insurance will continue to be strong. Offering affordable rates that never increase, a simplified underwriting option and quick-issue, Living Promise Whole Life is a great addition to your portfolio. Help your agents be successful.
- IUL: Learning the Fundamentals
We’ve heard agents may not sell IUL products if they’re not fully comfortable explaining all the product nuances. For agents looking to increase their understanding of IUL products, DiscoverIUL.com should be their first stop. Our short, easy-to-follow training modules will give agents the foundation they need to sell with confidence.
- Illustrate the advantages of Income Advantage IUL
Use the Winflex concept reports to help your agents understand how Income Advantage IUL can work for their clients specific retirement planning and college funding needs. Learn more.
- Count on Mutual of Omaha for Life
Mutual of Omaha wants to be your partner for life. Learn more about the complimentary underwriting services they offer.
- Upcoming changes to the Term Life Express Portfolio
Effective October 1, 2017, Mutual will be updating their TLE portfolio to remain competitive in the simplified issue marketplace. Learn more.
- First-year premium limit increases from $2 to $5 Million – Get details.
- Five TOPS Funds added to investment portfolio – Get details.
- The story about Protective’s new term – Get it here.
- Product updates and new minimum face amount limits – Get details.
- TOP and TOP Plus programs have been discontinued
The TOP and TOP Plus programs were discontinued; effective September 23, 2017. All applications must have been received in the home office by September 22, 2017 to have been processed.
- Inheritance Life discontinued – effective September 29th – Get details.
- Introducing NAC VersaChoice 10 – NEW PRODUCT!
Get a sneak peek at a first-to-market product that can help you change the annuity conversation.
- Clients curious about fixed index annuities (FIAs) and how they compare to other financial products?
Download these client-friendly flyers to see how they stack up in terms of features and potential risk.
- New, client-friendly FIA presentation
Looking for an engaging way to educate clients on fixed index annuities? Watch this video to learn how to use the interactive sales presentation in your next meeting.
- Product change in Montana – effective October 1st
As a result of Montana Senate Bill No. 222:
- 12- and 14-year surrender charge period annuity products will no longer be available for sale
- No contract with a surrender charge period greater than 10 years can be issued on or after October 1, 2017
- All pending 12- and 14-year applications must be fully funded and issued before 12:30 PM CT on September 29, 2017
|DISABILITY / CHRONIC ILLNESS
- DI tele-application update
Effective October 1, 2017, Connecticut will no longer accept DI applications through the tele-application process. Paper applications will still be accepted as usual.
- Sometimes Simple is Better
Learn more about the advantages of Priority Income Protection – Simple, Affordable, Fast.
- Open Enrollment Guidelines
The Open Enrollment Period for Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans begins October 15, 2017 and will continue through December 7, 2017. Learn more.
- Rate change to Plan A for those under age 65 in Oklahoma – Get details.
- Corrected application in Colorado & Maryland – Get details.
- Modernized rate release for AR, IN, KS, MT, NY & OR – Get details.
- In-force-only rate adjustment for MT – Get details.
2018 IMG Conference – Riviera Maya
(Qualification period: January 1 – December 31, 2017)
Earn your way to the 2018 Independent Marketing Group Conference at the Grand Velas Resort in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya Mexico.
Get complete details.
2018 Independent Leaders’ Conference
Spend five days and four nights from May 15-19, 2018 at one of the finest hotels Maui, Hawaii has to offer – the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua.
Download the venue brochure.
See the producer qualifications.
See the Marketing Organization qualifications.
Check out this video to learn more!
(Qualification Period: July 1, 2016 – December 31, 2017)
Conference Dates: March 21 – 25, 2018 at the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa in Kauai, Hawaii
Get qualification details.