|SALES, MARKETING & INDUSTRY ARTICLES
- To Boost Disability Insurance Sales, Add Sunshine
Product pricing is complicated, but a quote tool can give you and your clients something to talk about. Read more.
- 4 Ways to Overcome Media-Driven Annuity Misconceptions
Annuities are designed to reduce risk. How do you help clients understand that? Read more.
- Daily commission are now available – Learn more.
- The target market for Signature Whole Life
Learn about the target market. Learn more about Signature Whole Life.
- Executive UL Simplified Issue will be withdrawn – effective July 1st
The Executive Universal Life Simplified Issue, Executive Universal Life Simplified Issue TE and Executive Universal Life Simplified Issue IV will no longer be available for new sales effective July 1, 2017. Non-Simplified Issue product versions (Exec UL, Exec UL TE, Exec UL IV) remain available. Important deadliness:
- June 30, 2017 is the last date an application can be written.
- July 10, 2017 is the last date an application can be received in the home office.
- Signature IUL has 4 one-year strategies – Learn more.
- Product updates
- Qualified Plans
Effective May 26, 2017, Brighthouse Financial will no longer accept permanent life product sales that are subject to ERISA. Learn more.
- PAUL in NY
Effective May 22, 2017, PAUL will be issued by Brighthouse Life Insurance Company of NY with no surrender charges. Learn more.
- Competitive updates to help your sales
- Term rates were recently lowered for the fifth time in two years; improving monthly premiums and 10-year term rates for women.
- A new conversion feature has been introduced that extends through the life of the policy, as well as an Unemployment Protection rider.
- And, if you really want to break through the pack – talk to your clients about John Hancock Term with Vitality. When clients engage in healthy activities, they can earn rewards and premiums savings that could completely offset the cost of the Unemployment Protection rider.
- Exchange Program ENDS June 21st
Don’t forget, June 21, 2017 is the last day to submit business for an OPTerm 25 exchange. The program allows customers who purchased OPTerm 10, 15, or 20 within the past 4 years to trade up to an OPTerm 25 plan at his or her current attained age, with no underwriting. Agents should email a completed exchange form signed by the owner to bannerprogram@LGAmerica.com or pennprogram@LGAmerica.com. State-mandated disclosure forms are required and the original policy must be returned. New policy status can be tracked on the Partner Dashboard. View previous announcements.
- It’s graduation season – a new class is joining the workforce
Graduation is a time for new beginnings, but there are also new responsibilities. Student loan payments begin and although many millennials are strapped for cash, it’s important to point out the affordability of term life insurance. Share this consumer-approved flyer.
- LifeLines Newsletter – May 2017
In this issue:
- SecureCare: New states and marketing materials added
- BOLD Family Farm Strategy addresses farmers’ unique needs
- New video: Access streamlined underwriting!
- And more.
- Life Protection Advantage IUL
This Top Ten flyer briefly summarizes the benefits of Life Protection Advantage IUL. Once you’ve learned them, see how Life Protection Advantage stacks up against the competition.
- Income Advantage IUL
View the historical crediting rates and renewal rates for inforce Income Advantage IUL policies. Why? Because sharing all of the crediting strategies’ performance can help educate clients so they can determine if they want to consider reallocating their crediting strategy options.
- Turn on the lights for small business owners
Here’s a startling statistic: 75 percent of small business owners don’t have an accurate idea of what their business is worth. Being in the dark makes it difficult for an advisor to give sound recommendations. Fortunately, Mutual of Omaha provides Informal Business Valuation Plans at no cost so you and your Small Business Owner clients can build a complete financial plan.
- GUL Pricing Changes – effective June 1st – Read the bulletin.
- Protect your clients through all of life’s milestones
Take a moment to learn about Life Protection Advantage and find out how it can help provide your clients with protection through life.
- Have your clients overlooked a risk in their financial strategy?
Life insurance is unique for its ability to provide cash at the time that it might be needed most – when income is interrupted due to death. An accelerated death benefit can also provide needed funds during a serious illness. Find out how you can help mitigate risk in a client’s financial strategy. Watch the video below and expore this interactive eBook tool.
- Critical Illness is now available in California
The accelerated death benefit endorsement for critical illness is now available in California. Watch this video to learn more about the critical illness benefit and see how this is great news for you and your California life insurance clients. Read this field bulletin for more details.
- Supplement to Life Insurance Buyer’s Guide for IUL products in VT
Based on Vermont regulations, the Supplement to the Buyer’s Guide for Indexed Universal Life (IUL) insurance products has been revised. Read the bulletin.
- Introducing PruLife Essential UL – COMING SOON!
On June 12, 2017, Prudential will launch their newest universal life product – PruLife Essential UL. With it, you can offer your clients the simple design they want with the contemporary benefits they need. This new product may be ideal for clients who:
- Wish to increase the amount they pass on to the people they love
- Seek a balance of protection and conservative cash growth
- Want cost-effective life insurance with living benefits
- Making the “Healthcare Costs in Retirement” conversation easier
In this quick, 3-part video series, Prudential provides a proven, straightforward approach to generating business while addressing life insurance and chronic illness needs.
- Rate changes – effective May 30th – Download the rate sheet.
- Crediting process has changed
The effective date crediting process for traditional fixed and index annuities is no longer based only on the application signature date. This change is currently in use and is in addition to recently implemented rate lock policy for fixed and income annuities. The rate lock policy for index annuities has not changed. Read how the process works.
- A powerful combo for clients’ retirement strategy
Help reduce portfolio market risk with The Power Series of Index Annuities and add steady growth potential with the ML Strategic Balanced Index.
- DOL Fiduciary Rule – Read the compliance bulletin.
- Rate decreases – effective May 30th
American Pathway Immediate Annuity and American Pathway Deferred Income Annuity rates decreased May 30, 2017.
- Important product announcement
Introducing a product suite designed to win your market. Learn more.
- MaxRate & Performance Elite rate updates – View them now.
- The ABCs of Income Planning – Learn them now.
- Indexed Annuity video
Indexed annuities are complex. This new animated video helps show how one works. Use it to help explain Indextra fixed indexed annuity simply and succinctly.
- DOL Update and new Interest Rates – Read the bulletin.
- Agent copies of Premium Confirmation Letters to END June 1st
Typically, both you and your clients receive a confirmation notice of premiums received. Beginning June 1, 2017, North American will no longer send out premium confirmation letters to agents. As a reminder, detailed contract and transaction history can be accessed on North American’s website.
- Protective Indexed Annuity II enhancements – effective June 5th – View them now.
- LTC claims materials
Have a question about the LTC claims process? Use these materials designed to help you and your clients.
- Agent Guide
Enhance your knowledge about the LTCi claims process.
Show prospective clients how the policy they’re considering will work at claim time. Available in all states except FL.
- Policyholder Guide
Give to policyholders who contact you to initiate a claim.
|DISABILITY / CHRONIC ILLNESS
- Three products designed with your client’s recovery in mind
The Critical Advantage portfolio offers Critical Illness, Cancer and Heart Attack/Stroke insurance. This protection is an important addition to your clients’ existing coverage.
2018 IMG Conference – Riviera Maya
(Qualification period: January 1 – December 31, 2017)
Earn your way to the 2018 Independent Marketing Group Conference at the Grand Velas Resort in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya Mexico.
Get complete details.
Earn an Apple Watch
(Qualification Period: May 1 – August 31, 2017)
Earn a chance to win an Apple Watch by submitting life applications through ExpertApp.
Get complete details.
2018 Independent Leaders’ Conference
Spend five days and four nights from May 15-19, 2018 at one of the finest hotels Maui, Hawaii has to offer – the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua.
Download the venue brochure.
See the producer qualifications.
See the Marketing Organization qualifications.
Check out this video to learn more!