|SALES, MARKETING & INDUSTRY ARTICLES
- Reaching the Middle Market, Part 1: Why You Need a Strategy
There are plenty of ‘them’ out there, but they come in many different varieties – and sub-varieties. Read more.
- Beware the Working Retirement Tax Penalty
The question of how income from working in retirement affects the taxes of clients who are also claiming Social Security benefits is a tricky one. Read more.
- 2018 GA PREMIER PARTNERS qualification requirements
Stafford Moser describes greater detail on the production requirements (based on 2017 production) for 2018 PREMIER PARTNERS status and Recognition and Business Development eligibility. Read more.
- Leadership Transition
John D. Johns to Become Protective’s Executive Chairman and Richard J. Bielen Elected President and Chief Executive Officer. Read the bulletin.
- No access to Underwriters on June 16, 2017
The underwriting shop will close at 11:00 AM CT on Friday, June 16 for Protectives annual meeting over the weekend. There will NOT be access to underwriters after that time. Normal operations will resume Monday, June 19. If you have any underwriting questions on Friday, June 16, please contact the Resource Center:
- Signature IUL – Learn about its’ FOUR 1-year strategies.
- Life interest rates – effective June 1st – See the rate sheet.
- Independent Voice Newsletter – June 2017
In this issue:
- Knowing What I Know Now
- 401(k) Takeovers – A Little Digging Can Mine a Sales Bonanza!
- Case Study for Grandparents: Purchase a Whole Life Policy for a Grandchild
- And more.
- Signature Guaranteed UL – the difference is in the Cash-Out Rider
CASE STUDY: Sarah and Shane were in their early 50’s, and Shane had recently received a promotion. Shane had been increasing his group term at work but felt he also needed to provide permanent protection for his family in addition to group term. Shane was looking for the most cost efficient way to provide permanent protection for his family. Read more.
- LincXpress Tele-App
Rely on Lincoln’s dedicated LincXpress Tele-App team! They will conduct the insurance interview; asking clients medical questions and taking them through the application process. They’ll receive the customer service excellence they deserve from a team with more than 60 years of combined experience. Share the advisor guide and the client worksheet.
- LTC protection that’s a fit for couples
For couples funding multiple goals at one time, the expanded payment options for Lincoln MoneyGuard II may be just the flexibility they need to address the risk of living uninsured. Learn more.
- Childrens Whole Life
As the school year turns to summer, make sure your clients’ kids and grandkids are covered with Children’s Whole Life.
- Comparing IUL policy performance
With an accumulation-focused IUL policy, it’s important for your clients to purchase a policy that has strong accumulation potential. See how Income Advantage IUL compares.
- Revised Life Insurance Application – reminder
Effective June 1, 2017, please use the revised Fully Underwritten Life Insurance Application. Learn more.
- New Preferred Plus Term rates for Term Life Answers – Learn more.
- Flexibility and value for clients – for when life throws them a curve
Your clients deserve a life insurance policy that stands the test of life. That’s why Protective products are designed around principles and a deep understanding of their customers and the changes that affect their lives. Watch the video below.
- ExtendCare Rider is now available with more products – Learn more.
- Missouri adopts NAIC Replacement Model
Effective May 30, 2017, Missouri now conforms to the NAIC Life Insurance and Annuities Replacement Model Regulation requiring the use of the NAIC Model Replacement form. Under the new model:
- Replacement free-look provisions are extended to 30 days.
- Free-look guarantees an unconditional full refund of all premiums including any policy fees and charges.
- AG News – Special DOL Edition
In this issue:
- DOL Training Seminar
- New eLearning resource
- DOL Playbook
- AIG Campus quick guide
- Do baby boomers need annuities?
As more and more baby boomers are closing in on retirement, they’re looking to you to help them navigate the financial challenges. Consider offering fixed annuities to give flexibility and reliability to their portfolio of assets. Here are reasons annuities could be a good fit for your clients.
- Smart Strategies Newsletter – June 2017
In this issue:
- Your Retirement Checklist
- Baby Boomers Wait It Out
- 10 Foods to Cut Your Alzheimer’s Risk
- Is Your Home Retirement Ready?
- How Athene is implementing the DOL Fiduciary Rule – Get the details.
- New replacement form for Missouri – Get details.
- Indextra Client Video
Use this video to help explain Indextra Fixed Index Annuity to your clients.
- Put some POP in Retirement Paychecks
Social Security’s Cost of Living Adjustment is nearly flat for 2017. That may leave a bad taste in the mouth of retirees. Integrity Life SPIA can help with an annual Increasing Payout Option of up to 5%. Learn more.
- Fixed annuity rates – effective June 1st
Note: Indexed annuities are issued four times a month, on the 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd. Interest is not credited between the date premium is received and the date the policy is issued.
- NAIC Annuity Suitability Regulations
- New Business form changes – effective June 9th
As part of our process to comply with the Department of Labor (DOL) Fiduciary Rule’s June 9, 2017 applicability date, updated suitability forms will be required. The forms below will be required for applications signed June 9, 2017 or later.
- Updated Allocation and Disclosure Forms – Get details.
- Navigating the DOL fiduciary rule on June 9 – Get details.
- Annuity & Asset Sales Newsletter – June 2nd edition
In this issue:
- DOL fiduciary rule – effective June 9th
- Voya Annuities Rate Update- effective June 1, 2017
- Client accounts – easier to access & protected by latest security
- Journey Sales Concept Webinar
- Register to complete your Journey PST
|DISABILITY / CHRONIC ILLNESS
- 2017 Anniversary Rating
To improve customer service throughout 2017, Mutual of Omaha is migrating the administration of their rate increases to occur only on the policy anniversary. The rate increase on the anniversary will include both age steps and rate-up, if applicable.
- Rate adjustments for ND, NV, OH & TN – Get them now.
2018 IMG Conference – Riviera Maya
(Qualification period: January 1 – December 31, 2017)
Earn your way to the 2018 Independent Marketing Group Conference at the Grand Velas Resort in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya Mexico.
Get complete details.
Earn an Apple Watch
(Qualification Period: May 1 – August 31, 2017)
Earn a chance to win an Apple Watch by submitting life applications through ExpertApp.
Get complete details.
2018 Independent Leaders’ Conference
Spend five days and four nights from May 15-19, 2018 at one of the finest hotels Maui, Hawaii has to offer – the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua.
Download the venue brochure.
See the producer qualifications.
See the Marketing Organization qualifications.
Check out this video to learn more!