|SALES, MARKETING & INDUSTRY ARTICLES
- Sail through insurance industry flux by focusing on consumers
This year, the life insurance industry will be challenged to become more efficient and consumer-friendly. Read more.
- The benefit of joint and survivor annuities over trusts
Trusts are a common method to convey non-spousal IRA assets to adult children and other beneficiaries, but SPIAs can do the same thing with a few advantages. Read more.
- Are you a highly effective salesperson?
Consider these four approaches to selling and how they can help you can become a better salesperson. Read more.
- How Facebook Live can make you better at sales
If you want to market to your clients in the 21st century, you have to get into their phone. Read more.
- USADATA Promotion
$10 off your next order – PLUS a chance to win a GoPro HERO Session Video Camera. Use promo code GOPRO and receive $10 off your next order placed through February 24, 2017. A lucky winner will be chosen at random to also receive a GoPro HERO Session Video Camera. Read more.
- Lower term rates, improved conversion options, and a 35-year term – Get details.
- Department of Labor (DOL) update
Since 2008, AIG has had a policy against issuing life insurance in Qualified Plans. A determination has been made to continue this policy at least through December 31, 2017. Read the bulletin.
- Foreign Nationals/Visa Holders guidelines changes – reminder
Updates were made on November 10, 2016 for Visa Holder and Foreign Nationals guidelines. Please review the reminder carefully as several country codes have changed. (Note: Visa Holder/Foreign National Guidelines valid for AIG Consumer Life product and services only, where applicable and excluding annuities.)
- A guide to the new commission statements
With the recent launch of AIG’s new Licensing and Compensation administration system, you may notice a few differences in the look and format of some commission statements. They’ve created a sample statement to explain the details, and will offer additional resources and training opportunities in the near future.
- Streamlining the NY product portfolio
In New York, AIG offers a highly competitive and robust product portfolio that includes GUL, Term, IUL and Whole Life. They’ve taken the opportunity to streamline their product portfolio and discontinue products with low utilization. Read the bulletin for portfolio changes and transition rules.
- Obtaining temporary coverage for your clients during the application process
The Limited Temporary Life Insurance Agreement (LTLIA) is a valuable option available to your clients that provides temporary coverage for eligible applicants during the application process. Read this bulletin for a high-level overview of the process; with tips and reminders to help ensure that your clients obtain coverage.
- Operational resources for our new Select-a-Term
With the launch of their newest Select-a-Term product, AIG is also making changes to some of their processes and requirements. Their goal remains to provide you with the best possible service from submission to commission. Read the bulletin.
- Reduction in commission chargebacks due to lapse on GIWL
Effective December 2, 2016, if commission chargeback occurs on a Guaranteed Issue Whole Life sale due to lapse within months 1 to 6, a 25% chargeback rate schedule will apply. If 7 months and beyond, no chargeback is made. Read the bulletin.
- Forms updated due to US Life home office address change
As part of an address change for the US Life home office, all forms with the previous US Life home office address have been updated to reflect the new address. Read the bulletin for a list of impacted forms and transition rules.
- Select-a-Term policies below $100,000 now available with simple non-medical underwriting – Get details.
- New Playbook
Check out the new interactive Training Playbook; offering product and concept learning, to generate business opportunities in 2017.
- Index strategy options – explained
With so many options, it’s hard to know which ones to recommend to your client, which ones to illustrate, etc. Refer to this short brochure for simple explanations and illustration tips.
- Secure Lifetime GUL 3 – three birds, one stone
Secure Lifetime GUL 3 is an innovative stand-alone product, but you can unlock available longevity and chronic illness riders for even greater guarantees. View the sales idea.
- Signature GUL Guaranteed Issue – NEW PRODUCT!
This product offers a simplified solution to your client’s permanent life insurance needs. Get details and materials.
- Guidelines for Preliminary Applications – effective February 6th – Get details.
- New term rates
Advantage Elite Select (AES) term rates have dropped by up to 31 percent. Along with this rate improvement, they’ve updated their term bands and allow for up to best class Express Issue underwriting. Learn more.
- New York product update
Click here for the Guaranteed Universal Life premium changes and Benefit Access Rider update.
- Power Series of Annuities – 7% Income Solution – Get details.
- Annuities available on ExpertIllustrator
- Simple, intuitive illustrations
- Adjust scenarios to fit your needs
- Flexible device support
- Product Availability
See the one page overview for a list of products available in ExpertIllustrator.
- Annuity Suitability Producer Guide
Have you ever had questions on how to fill out the Annuity Suitability Form? The new Annuity Suitability Producer Guide is here to help and includes:
- Question by question overviews
- Helpful hints
- Areas that may need extra attention
- New One-Year Strategy – Get complete details.
- Care Solutions interest rates – effective January 15th – View them now.
- Changes to Custom 7 Guaranteed Minimum Interest Rate
Effective January 19, 2017, the GMIR for the Custom 7 annuity – during the surrender charge period – will increase from 1.25% to 1.50%:
- For applications signed on or after January 1, 2017, the GMIR set forth in the contract is 1.50% during the surrender charge period and 1.00% after.
- For applications signed on or before January 18, 2017, the GMIR set forth in the contract is 1.25% during the surrender charge period and 1.00% after.
- Quest Index Annuity updated – effective February 13th
The Voya Quest Five, Seven & Plus Index Annuity will be updated in HI, MN, MO, NJ, OH, PA, UT & WA on February 13, 2017. Get details.
|DISABILITY / CHRONIC ILLNESS
- Save Time with the DI Tele-Application
The DI tele-app facilitates a faster application process, limits asking medical questions, and reduces the need for callbacks to your customers by allowing our trained nurses to gather your clients’ medical information. Learn more.
- Upcoming rate adjustments in MS, NC & SD – Get details.
- Marketing Credits Program
Medicare Supplement Marketing Credits are as good as cash and there is a new redemption timeline for 2017 credits. Learn more.
- Wisconsin 2017 Buyers Guide to Health Insurance now available – Get it now.
CASH IS KING – annuity incentive
(Qualification period: January 1 – March 31, 2017 )
Earn a CASH BONUS for your annuity sales.
Get complete details.
2018 IMG Conference – Riviera Maya
(Qualification period: January 1 – December 31, 2017)
Earn your way to the 2018 Independent Marketing Group Conference at the Grand Velas Resort in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya Mexico.
Get complete details.
2016 EPIC Reward – Elite Producer Club
(Qualification period: EXTENDED to March 31, 2017)
Receive a 1% commission bonus on your annuity business this year.
2018 Independent Leaders’ Conference
Spend five days and four nights from May 15-19, 2018 at one of the finest hotels Maui, Hawaii has to offer – the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua. Stay tuned for ongoing details; including eligibility rules.
Check out this video to learn more!
Elect To Sell SIUL This Fall!
(Qualification period: September 15, 2016 – March 31, 2017)
Prudential is giving you the opportunity to earn an additional 20% compensation on new Survivorship Index UL business.
Get complete details.