|CARRIER & INDUSTRY
- Policies and Procedures – updated
Please review Minnesota Life and Securian Life’s updated policies and procedures. These are developed to inform you of laws, rules, and regulations governing the sale of our products. As a producer, you are responsible for complying with these policies and procedures in addition to any policies and procedures required by your affiliated agency or broker-dealer.
- Information on rebating in WA
On July 24, 2015, the Washington amended its guidelines on Rebating and Illegal Inducements.
|September is Life Insurance Awareness Month! Be sure to visit LifeHappens.org; it’s full of these free, downloadable resources:
- A complete LIAM marketing guide to help you plan your promotion
- Videos and flyers featuring this year’s spokesperson, Anthony Anderson
- Ready-made social media content, including shareable infographics
- Customizable materials to help grow your business
- AG 49 maximum IUL illustrated rates
To comply with the requirements of Actuarial Guideline 49, Illustration Software updates are happening September 1, 2015. What will it mean for you? Also, view this AG49 Guide and thissingle page flyer that gives you the basics on the new guideline and what changes you can expect.
- Interest crediting rate changes on life products
Due to the changing interest rate environment, interest crediting rates have increased for some of Genworth’s interest-sensitive products; by up to 25 basis points.
- Indexed Universal Life (IUL)
- Underwriting update
Beginning August 31, 2015, a Functional Cognitive Assessment (FCA) will replace the current Senior Supplement on proposed insureds with an insurance age of 70 and older for Genworth’s Life Insurance products. This FCA is used to evaluate a proposed insured’s physical health, independence, functionality, and cognition. The FCA is administered by a certified examiner and completed at the time of the paramedical exam. The paramedical vendors have been notified and will coordinate the requirement changes on their end.
- LTC Acceleration of Death Benefit Rider added to Promise Whole Life portfolio
The introduction of MetLife’s Long Term Care Acceleration of Death Benefit Rider means that your clients can protect themselves two ways with one product. Stacking the ability to cover some long-term care expenses on top of the guaranteed death benefit the MetLife Promise Whole Life portfolio offers results in a powerful combination of protection in one product. View the licensing and continuing education training requirements.
- New tool to help clients see why life insurance should be part of their financial strategy
Your clients need to employ a diverse set of financial tools in order to help maximize their assets and minimize their taxes. Permanent life insurance is one such tool for clients who need a death benefit. It offers tax-deferred cash value growth and tax-preferred distributions with no age restrictions; both of which make permanent life insurance ideal for supplemental retirement income. Review the new Life Insurance as a Financial Tool (LIFT) marketing materials to learn more.
- Illustrations simplified
Do you have trouble navigating a life illustration and wish someone could just show you how to run one while you watch? You’re in luck. This new life illustration training video will walk you through the system and how to run simple illustrations.
- New Authorization Release Information form
This new form allows policy owners to designate a person who is authorized to contact us and receive information about their policy.
- Living Promise Graded Benefit approved in WA – effective September 1st
The graded benefit pays the beneficiary all the premiums paid plus 10 percent of the death benefit during year 1 & 2. In year 3, full benefits will be paid at 100%. Transition rules are:
- The new Application(LAP1162_0613) for Living Promise Graded Benefit in Washington must be signed September 1, 2015 or later.
- To allow time to transition to new forms, the old application (LAP1162_WA_0613) for Living Promise Level Death Benefit will continue to be accepted through September 30, 2015 and new applications will be required beginning October 1, 2015.
- GUL Express minimum face amount decreases – effective September 1st
The minimum face amount for Guaranteed Universal Life Express will be lowered to $25,000 beginning September 1, 2015. View the announcement.
- Protect your client’s loved ones
The primary reason your clients purchase life insurance is to protect their loved ones in case the unexpected happens. What many don’t realize is that a life insurance policy can also provide benefits while they are still alive. GUL and GUL Plus come with multiple living benefits, including the Guaranteed Refund Option rider, at no additional charge. These features provide your clients with flexibility for whatever their future holds.
- Improved process for mode and policy date changes
Effective immediately, when a policy requires a policy date change or a change in the premium mode, North American will generate a policy endorsement and letter that the client can file with their policy. They will no longer need to generate a whole new policy and request a new delivery receipt. Of course, they will be happy to provide you with a new policy if requested, but it will not be part of the standard process.
- AG 49 maximum IUL illustrated rates
View the bulletin.
- Term premium differences don’t matter
Some life insurance agents would say – “I sell term life insurance because it’s easy to find low cost solutions.” See why it doesn’t matter.
- AG 49 maximum IUL illustrated rates
Effective September 1, 2015, AG 49 will impact maximum index interest rates that can be assumed in Index UL illustrations. Get complete details. If a matching illustration – that used an illustrated rate that falls within AG 49 limits – was submitted at the time of application, then no revisions are needed. However, iIn order to comply with AG 49, a revised illustration for cases of PruLife Index Advantage UL and Founders Plus is needed if:
- The policy will be delivered and signed after August 31, 2015, and
- The current illustration used a higher index rate than is allowed under AG 49.
- UL-G enhancements and availability
- Product name has been changed from Symetra Classic to Symetra UL-G.
- New optional Chronic Illness Plus Rider allows for up to 100% of the death benefit to be accessed if the policyholder is annually certified as being permanently unable to perform at least two of the six activities of daily living or having a severe cognitive impairment.
- Policyholders may benefit from an innovative dual solution approach for accessing their death benefit. With the inherent Chronic Illness Rider, they can access a portion of their death benefit in a lump sum to cover upfront expenses, and with the Chronic Illness Plus Rider, they can receive a stream of monthly payments of up to 100% of their remaining death benefit.
- The inherent Chronic Illness Rider and Terminal Illness Rider now allow policyholders to access up to $500,000 of their death benefit-an increase from $250,000. And, an additional level of protection has been added to the Chronic Illness Rider to help ensure that the lien created by the acceleration will not cause the policy to lapse, so that the beneficiary will always receive a $5,000 death benefit.
- Symetra UL-G is not approved in NY.
- Chronic Illness Plus and the inherent Chronic Illness and Terminal Illness riders are not approved in CA.
- Chronic Illness Plus and the inherent Chronic Illness riders are not approved in Washington DC.
- UL-G transition rules
Symetra UL-G and the Chronic Illness Plus Rider are now available for illustration on Winflex. Additionally:
- Pending or informal cases may be moved to Symetra UL-G with the enhanced inherent riders; however, a new application and illustration will be required. If the Chronic Illness Plus Rider is elected, separate underwriting will be required.
- In approved states, pending or informal cases that do not move to Symetra UL-G must be paid for and issued by October 12, 2015.
- Total Living Coverage credited interest rate change
Read the bulletin.
- Florida Disclosure Law – IMPORTANT
On July 1, 2015, Florida passed law (HB 1133) that requires agents to provide specific disclosure information to consumers when they recommend the surrender of a life insurance policy or an annuity contract without replacing the policy or contract with another. In addition to providing this information to clients, the law also requires you to maintain this information for your records. The information that you are required to provide to consumers includes:
- The amount of the estimated surrender charges
- The loss of any minimum interest rate guarantees
- The possibility of any tax consequences
- The amount of any forfeited death benefit
- A description of any other investment performance guarantees being forfeited as a result of the transaction
- The Cost of Waiting – a new MYGA client flyer
When it comes to CDs and MYGAs, show your clients the potential cost in “waiting for a higher rate”. Download this point of sale flyer.
- NAC BenefitSolutions available in CA – effective September 1st
Give yourself a head start by completing the required product training today. Simply access the course online at www.NorthAmericanCompany.com by visiting My Annuities and the Required Training link under the Training Center section. You can also access the course directly atRegEd. Simply log in and search for Product Code 15SFGNAC_01. If you have not yet registered on RegEd, view these registration instructions.
- Wealth Builder Plus – caps up to 7.50%
Now you can get both account value growth and income benefit growth in one complete solution. Help your clients grow, protect and enjoy their Orange Money with the Voya Wealth Builder Plus Annuity.
- Current Caps and Spreads
Voya recently reduced the spread on the Monthly Average Index Strategy for the Secure Series Annuities and increased the annual cap rates on the Secure Family of Annuities and the Wealth Builder 6 and 8 Annuities. View the updates.
- Contract Delivery for Fixed and Indexed Annuities
If you are unable to meet with the customer in person within a reasonable time, you may elect to mail the contract to the customer via USPS certified mail – receipt requested. Voya strongly encourages you to obtain a signed Policy Acknowledgement and Delivery Receipt in all instances; since this is the document that serves as legal proof of the required delivery of the contract and determines the date that the Right to Examine/Free Look period begins. Get further details.
|LONG TERM CARE
- Privileged Choice Flex & Privileged Choice Flex CA Partnership updates
View the updates going into effect September 14, 2015.
- In-Force Rate Action New York
View the webinar replay.
- In-Force Rate Action for Wyoming
View the bulletin.
- Privileged Choice Flex 3 – new informal care option
The Informal Care option is one of several new features available with enhanced Flex 3. Selecting this option can give your clients greater flexibility in how they receive care. This newcase study shows how Flex 3 can help pay for care provided by a mix of agency and informal providers as circumstances change for the policyholder.
- Performance LTC – a new approach to LTC insurance
- State approvals
Now available in Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, and South Dakota; and the District of Columbia. Click here for more details; including transition guidelines.
- Microsite now available in additional states
The Performance LTC microsite is now updated to reflect the state approvals above.
- More competitive premiums
Modal premium factors have been changed; resulting in lower premiums for customers paying on a monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual basis.
- Enhancements to LTC Illustrator
User interface changes have been made to the JH LTC Illustrator system that provide additional flexibility and tools to support the sale of Performance LTC.
- Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder discontinued in AZ, CT, DC, DE, FL, IN & SD
On August 24, 2015, Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder was discontinued in Arizona, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Indiana and South Dakota. All Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder applications must have been signed and received in the Home Office by August 24, 2015. LTC Captivate cases must also have been signed and submitted through the system no later than August 24, 2015.
- Make Mutual of Omaha your LTC Choice
Find out why Mutual of Omaha should be your choice for long-term care.
- LTC News – August 20th edition
In this issue:
- 5% Step-Rated BIO vs 5% Compound BIO
- Revised DRA Partnership Guide
- New Multi-life Video From AALTCI
No bulletins to report this week.
- Transgender clients and disability insurance
Although the technical description of an insurance agent is “a person employed to sell insurance products,” it’s also an agent’s job to educate his or her clients on the products available and best suited to their client’s need.
- Tips for Working with Young Couples – sales idea
Here’s a sales idea on how to reach out to young couples about their need for disability insurance.
- 12% Household Discount available in NV –effective September 1st
View the announcement.
- New application status e-mails
Mutual of Omaha will now send additional e-mail notifications to help you track the status of your submitted Med Supp applications.
- New OE/GI Worksheet
The Open Enrollment/Guaranteed Issue Worksheet in the application packet has been updated with additional defined OE/GI situations regarding Medicaid.
- September rate release for Maine
Learn more about the rate adjustment – effective September 1, 2015 – on United Maine Medicare supplement.
- Rate adjustments for Alabama and Nebraska
View the rate adjustments – effective October 1, 2015 – for United World Alabama in-force only and Alabama and Nebraska Plan N.
- Part D renewal commissions
Part D Renewal Commission Certification must be completed by December 31, 2015.
- 10% Bonus Commission on Value+ IUL (June 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn an extra 10% BONUS COMMISSION on Value+ IUL policies paid between June 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- NO thresholds to meet
- NO tiered payouts
- NO maximums
- No restrictions on how the extra commission is used- for example, you may wish to share all or part of the bonus with your producers, creating an incentive program of your own.
- 2016 Marketing Conference in Hawaii (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
The top 80 qualifiers and their guest will be invited to enjoy six days and five nights at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Click here for complete details.
- 2016 LFN Convention in The Bahamas! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Indulge in the beauty and splendor of the brand-new, ultra-extravagant Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar in the Bahamas. LFN qualifiers will enjoy the sun-drenched sand and surf, as well as one of the islands most beautiful and challenging 18-hole golf courses. Get qualification detailshere.
- 2016 LFN Summit in Prague, CZ (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Set your sights on the crown jewel of Eastern Europe as we head to Prague, Czech Republic. The exquisite Four Seasons Prague will host our qualifiers in a luxurious setting overlooking the famed Charles Bridge. Get qualification details here.
- DI Growth Challenge – Part II (July 1 – December 31, 2015)
Increase your MetLife DI premium by 15% and receive a cash bonus of 6%. Get complete details.
- LTCI Marketing Credits Program (November 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
Mutual of Omaha’s LTCI Marketing Credits Program gives you the opportunity to score marketing credits that can be used to help build your LTCi business. Start earning credits on your fifth LTCi app placed after November 1, 2014.
- Credits must be redeemed by March 31, 2016
- Mutual Sales Leaders in Rome! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Experience all that is Rome when you qualify for Mutual Sales Leaders in 2015! Your Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement and Simplified Issue Life sales can take you to the Eternal City where you’ll enjoy centuries of iconic achievements in Roman art and architecture. It’s the trip of a lifetime! Click here for complete details.
- Medicare Supplement Incentive (July 15 – September 15, 2015)
Sell at least two Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplements this summer and win a $50 or $100 Omaha Steaks Gift Card. Get eligibility rules and full details.
- Elite Producer Club – annuity incentive (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn up to 1% extra commission on all North American Fixed Index Annuities in 2015! Get complete details.
- 2016 Protective Life Sales Convention (July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016)
Make sure you’re taking advantage of the full qualification period for the Protective Life Sales Convention. Write your business today so by next May, you’ll be able to savor your success!Qualification Period: combined business from July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016.Qualification Rules: top 40 BGAs with a minimum of $1,000,000 net paid annualized life premium (NPAP). NPAP is defined in the Independent Agents Agreement each BGA holds with Protective Life.Minimum life count of 15 paid applications.No credit for Annuity or BOLI premium.Convention point credit will be given on excess premium at 6%
Summer Splash Bonus Program (June 15 – October 16, 2015)
This program gives you the opportunity to earn even more compensation on new PruLife Founders Plus UL business. Click here for complete details.
- Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. Click here for details.
- Breakaway Travel 2015! (February 1 – December 18, 2015)
Break Away returns for 2015 with more destinations and new opportunities to qualify! Click here for the producer rules & regulations.
- The Insurables! A Learn and Earn Promotion (June 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016)
The Insurables is a rewards-based program designed to engage and motivate producers to grow sales. Through a series of videos, producers are given the opportunity to learn more about key clients — The Insurables — as well as a chance to earn prizes and a 10 percent commission enhancement. Click here to start learning and earning. Please note: New York, Guam, Puerto Rico and non-U.S. business is excluded from the program. Get complete details!