|CARRIER & INDUSTRY
- Company name on CANNEX has changed
When illustrating income annuities, the name displayed on the CANNEX website under the Financial Institution list was American General Life Insurance Company (AGL) and The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York (US Life). Those names have both changed to AIG. Issuing companies AGL and US Life are responsible for financial obligations of insurance products and are members of American International Group, Inc. (AIG). View the bulletin.
- Sales reorganization – a fresh approach to emerging BGA distribution structures
- New innovation and transformation center
LGA has transformed the office space in its Urbana, MD headquarters to become a place for collaboration with employees, LGA’s brokerage agency partners, and colleagues from L&G Group’s retirement, protection, and investment divisions. View the opening ceremony.
- One simple list called MY BUSINESS will make your life easier
LGA has a new business website – the Partner Dashboard. It is a work in progress. It’s a combo of new features and links to older features that haven’t been moved over yet. To learn all about it, watch the video below.
- Symetra’s announcement regarding Sumitomo Life
Symetra has announced an agreement to be acquired by Sumitomo Life Insurance Company, a leading and highly respected Japanese insurance company. Sumitomo Life intends to keep Symetra intact; including all of their businesses, leadership, employees, products and distribution channels. They will still use the Symetra name and brand. Most importantly, this is not expected to have any effect on the way you or your clients work with us. It is expected that you will have the same Symetra products to offer as you do currently. Your clients’ existing Symetra products and policy features are expected to remain the same. Visit thetransaction website to learn more.
- AG 49 goes into effect on September 1stThe NAIC has officially adopted a new Actuarial Guideline (AG 49) for Index Universal Life Illustrations, designed to benefit both the agent and the end-consumer, helping everyone better understand index life insurance products.
- Achieve significant savings on rated term cases
AIG’s special rates and table program delivers more favorable pricing for many rated cases. View the Rated Case Comparison flyer.
- Value+ IUL has guaranteed persistency bonus
Not all bonuses are the same and not all competitive IUL solutions can say they provide guaranteed persistency bonuses. Find out more about Value+ IUL.
- The Index Institute – recent updates
- Interest crediting rate changes on life insurance products
- Changes to Index Universal Life substandard rates
View the changes.
- Life insurance underwriting update
Read the bulletin.
- New requirements for IUL illustrations
- OPTerm rates have decreased
With LGA, you can actually make money selling term insurance. Read more. Watch the video.
- LifeElements Level Term – improved premiums on current pricing
Premiums have either been reduced or stayed the same for LifeElements Level Term; with the goal of solidifying key competitiveness at ages 45+ with face amounts of $500,000+.
- Enhanced Rate Plus – because waiting is the hardest part
The worst part about selling and buying a life insurance policy is how long it takes to place. And the typical process can last more than a month. That’s why MetLife offers Enhanced Rate Plus (ERP) to qualified clients. ERP cuts the process from more than a month to about a week while boosting the client’s rating from standard to best possible. In fact, over the past six months, the average time it takes for underwriting to reach a decision is 6 days! See for yourself how ERP can eliminate the wait.
- Revisions to Medical Underwriting Guidelines for Asthma
- Actuarial Guideline 49 and participating loan illustration changes
As a result of the new Actuarial Guideline 49 (AG49), and other strategic changes, Minnesota Life and Securian Life are updating their Indexed Universal Life Insurance (IUL) illustrations – effective September 1, 2015. Read the bulletin.
- Accumulator UL guaranteed minimum crediting rate change
The lifetime and fixed account minimum guaranteed crediting interest rates will be lowered to 2% (currently 3%) on newly issued Minnesota Life Accumulator UL policies. Existing policies will not be impacted. Read more.
- Corporate Enhanced Values Agreement Enhancement
In May 2015, Minnesota Life launched the Corporate Enhanced Values Agreement (CEVA) to support businesses’ executive benefit arrangements. Effective August 22, 2015, Minnesota Life will allow incoming 1035 exchanges and modified endowment contracts at policy issue on new sales that include CEVA.
- External Replacement Guidelines – updated
View the updated external replacement guidelines on Simplified Issue life insurance applications for Kentucky, Kansas and West Virginia.
- Offer your clients flexibility with GUL
Give your clients added flexibility to plan for the future with multiple GUL or GUL Plus policies along with the Guaranteed Refund Option rider.
- Make sure your clients are “FIT”
Get the best term life rates with the FIT credit program; which allows your clients to move up two tables.
- Questions on Trial Apps or Quick Quotes Parameters?
What information must be included with a Trial Application? What’s the age limit for a Quick Quote? Check out the detailed parameters.
- Strong, stable and secure
Isn’t that what you and your agents expect from an insurance company? This brochureprovides a snapshot of Mutual of Omaha’s financial strength. It can be used to reassure clients about their decision to purchase a Mutual of Omaha policy.
- Life Insurance for Income Protection – getting back to basics can bring sales
Income Protection lies at the heart of what life insurance is all about. And yet, with today’s busy lifestyles, ensuring that income protection needs are met can sometimes be overlooked. North American’s Income Protection Sales Concept Kit provides you with the tools you need to help your clients provide income protection stability for their loved ones. This effective kit, along with the recent enhancements to North American’s ADDvantage term products and their SimpleSubmit e-app process will equip you to serve your clients’ needs objectively, professionally and efficiently!
- Index caps and maximum illustration rates changing – effective September 1st
Index caps and maximum illustration rates for Survivorship GIUL and some in-force policies will change on September 1, 2015. Get details.
- Weekly commissions
Delivery requirements must be received by North American at NOON CST on Thursday of each week to guarantee commissions for the following week. If final delivery requirements are received after NOON CST on Thursday, that case may not be included in that week’s commission cycle. Typically the commissions cycling out on a Friday are EFT payments made at the beginning of the following week.
- APS status on all of your cases is easy to obtain
Find out how.
- E-mail encryption service
North American has updated the contact information regarding their new email encryption service. Get details about this new service.
- Term Conversion Process
Prudential has made it easier for its’ term policy holders to convert their existing term policies to permanent policies with the BenefitAccess Rider. Learn more.
- Perm to Perm replacement compensation practices
Effective August 17, 2015, qualifying internal replacements of perm to perm policies now get full compensation. Learn more.
- Final Issue instructions for permanent policies
Effective August 17, 2015, Prudential implemented process enhancements for permanent policies to allow you to confirm offer acceptance and submit any necessary changes prior to policy issuance. This will ensure the policy issues correctly and performs as intended.
- Easier application completion
Two guides were recently updated to make the application process easier; including tips on how to complete the application and agent report more effectively.
- Term Waiver of Premium approved in CA
Waiver of Premium is now available in California on Term Elite and Term Essential.
- Life Events Retirement eKit
Prudential’s new Life Events ekit provides an effective way to approach consumers planning for their future and thinking about retirement. These materials will help you develop a systematic approach to meeting with clients to guide them into a more effective retirement planning strategy using life insurance.
- Balancing Act presentations with new case examples
Prudential’s recently updated its Balancing Act producer presentation to include a new case example demonstrating the value of term and permanent coverage in providing clients with a cost-effective solution that meets their life insurance coverage needs. They’ve also created a new presentation targeted to showcase this concept for your high net worth clients.
- Pru Life Illustrator
Effective August 17, 2015, Pru Life Illustrator (PLI) was updated with a new LIRP prompt, an Auto Save Feature, and Founders Plus updates. Learn more.
- Financial Planning for LGBT Couples after U.S. v. Windsor and Obergefell v. Hodges
This updated paper explains the impact of the Supreme Court’s Windsor and Obergefell decisions on retirement and employee benefits, including changes to Social Security eligibility that same-sex couples should consider as part of their financial planning strategies.
- Strategies to Maximize Social Security Benefits – updated
Life insurance is often left out of the retirement planning process. It shouldn’t be. This white paper highlights strategies to help your clients maximize their Social Security income.
- Total Living Coverage credited interest rate change
Read the bulletin.
- MoneyGuard II – opening up additional age, rider & inflation combinations
Clients who fit the expanded opportunities will enjoy the same benefits as those currently covered by MoneyGuard ll.
- What is a “Split Annuity” Concept?
American National’s split annuity concept is a combination of two of their annuity products – the Palladium Immediate Annuity – a single premium immediate annuity (SPIA) – and the Palladium MYG – a fixed, deferred annuity. Read more.
- Create a wise plan – an alternative to CD’s
Don’t forget about the simple story and the quality story! Simple…How to match what a client would get in a CD, with the opportunity to do more.
- New Buyers Guide for Deferred Annuities in WI
Effective September 1, 2015, the NAIC Buyer’s Guide for Deferred Annuities (ANB-LE) will replace the Wisconsin Buyer’s Guide to Annuities (L4547_0203). This change applies to the Bonus Flexible Annuity, Deferred Income Protector, Ultra-Income, Income Access and Ultra-Secure Plus annuities. This new form is effective September 1, 2015, but you may begin to use it immediately.
- Proposed DOL Rule
Financial professionals like you have an important part in helping clients grow their savings and achieve a financially secure retirement. But a new proposal from the Department of Labor (DOL) would impact millions of American retirement savers and their relationship with their financial professionals. Read more.
|LONG TERM CARE
- Let’s Talk Long Term Care – updated
Genworth just put the finishing touches on the new Let’s Talk Long Term Care consumer magazine; and it’s better than ever. This new edition is packed with conversation tips, helpful checklists, and the encouragement your clients need to start talking about LTC. Get started with the new Let’s Talk Long Term Care producer guide. It lists all the available Let’s Talk Long Term Care materials, and gives you page-by-page tips for using this new tabloid with your clients. Visit the Long Term Care Sales Center for the entire suite of Let’s Talk material.
- Privileged Choice Flex
Privileged Choice Flex & Privileged Choice Flex CA Partnership will be updated on September 14, 2015. Get details.
- In-Force Rate Action for NY
On August 10, 2015, Genworth held a webinar to share important information about the New York long term care insurance rate action to include background, policyholder options, and the option selection process. If you missed it, get the webinar replay!
- In-Force Rate Action announcement for WY
Read the announcement.
- Performance LTC – a new approach to life insurance
- More competitive premiums
Premium modal factors have been changed; resulting in lower premiums for customers paying on a monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual basis. Learn more.
- LTC Illustrator enhancements
Enhancements have been made to provide more flexibility and tools to support the sale of Performance LTC. Check out the new features that you’re sure to appreciate.
- Two new presentations to provide the insights you need for sales success
(one-time registration required)
- Recruiting postcard
Use this postcard to generate interest and encourage firms and producers to learn more about Performance LTC. The postcard provides messaging that covers the competitive advantages of this ground-breaking product and can be customized with your contact information and printed for you to mail. Go to jhltc.com > Order Materials > and search for LTC-5682 to get started.
- John Hancock withdrawing from Partnership Programs in CT & IN
After a thorough analysis of their long term care insurance business in Connecticut and Indiana, John Hancock has decided to discontinue sales of Partnership individual long term care insurance policies in those two states. View details and timing.
- In-force rate action notifications for late August
In late August, John Hancock will begin policyholder notifications on the next round of John Hancock and Fortis policies impacted by the 2010 and 2013 in-force rate actions, which will have an effective date beginning with anniversaries on or after November 1, 2015.
- The 2013 rate action notifications will include John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in Georgia and Nevada. Also, they will continue the implementation in Colorado and Pennsylvania and begin notifications for additional products in those states. Fortis LTCI individual policies originally issued in Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, and South Carolina are also impacted.
- The 2010 rate action will include John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in Oregon.
- Lower inflation rates for Partnership Qualification approved in MN
Lower inflation rates now qualify for Partnership status in Minnesota for MutualCare Solutions (LTC13) product. Learn more.
- Rate increase on in-force LTCi business in GA & NM
A rate increase will be implemented on in-force LTCi business in Georgia and New Mexico on November 1, 2015.
- LTC06UI rate adjustment approved in MI, NE & WY
State approvals received for a premium rate increase on LTC06UI blocks of business in Michigan, Nebraska and Wyoming.
- The advantages of buying early
Why should people consider buying LTCi in their 40s and 50s? Not only is premium more affordable, it can also help ensure people are able to qualify for coverage. According to Eva Ng, who bought a policy at age 53, her agent repeatedly told her, “You’d rather be 10 years too early than five minutes too late.” Watch this short video from Life Happens non-profit organization to hear Eva and others talking about the advantages of buying early.
- ICU Rider discontinued for the New Beginnings product in RI
The ICU rider for the New Beginnings cancer, heart attack and stroke product has been discontinued in Rhode Island; effective immediately. The New Beginnings rate book and applications have been updated to reflect this change. Winflex will reflect this change on September 1, 2015.
- Explore the disability challenges women face later in life to find better solutions
For women, greater longevity comes with a greater probability of a disability. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, one in three women ages 70 to 74 have a serious disability. In Prudential’s new white paper Women at Risk: The Disability-Survival Paradox, and accompanying executive summary, Dr. Bob Pokorski explores the implications of this issue and ways you and your clients can prepare better.
- Disability Income Policy Riders add value
Learn more about the most frequently issued optional riders for the Disability Income Choice Portfolio.
- Real-time status e-mails save you time and effort – COMING SOON
Medicare supplement application status emails are coming soon. Be sure your email address is current. Learn more.
- Rate adjustments
View the rate adjustments on Modernized plans in Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, North Dakota and Wyoming and Standardized plans in Colorado, Idaho, Nevada and Wyoming.
- 10% Bonus Commission on Value+ IUL (June 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn an extra 10% BONUS COMMISSION on Value+ IUL policies paid between June 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- NO thresholds to meet
- NO tiered payouts
- NO maximums
- No restrictions on how the extra commission is used- for example, you may wish to share all or part of the bonus with your producers, creating an incentive program of your own.
- 2016 Marketing Conference in Hawaii (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
The top 80 qualifiers and their guest will be invited to enjoy six days and five nights at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Click here for complete details.
- 2016 LFN Convention in The Bahamas! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Indulge in the beauty and splendor of the brand-new, ultra-extravagant Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar in the Bahamas. LFN qualifiers will enjoy the sun-drenched sand and surf, as well as one of the islands most beautiful and challenging 18-hole golf courses. Get qualification detailshere.
- 2016 LFN Summit in Prague, CZ (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Set your sights on the crown jewel of Eastern Europe as we head to Prague, Czech Republic. The exquisite Four Seasons Prague will host our qualifiers in a luxurious setting overlooking the famed Charles Bridge. Get qualification details here.
- DI Growth Challenge – Part II (July 1 – December 31, 2015)
Increase your MetLife DI premium by 15% and receive a cash bonus of 6%. Get complete details.
- LTCI Marketing Credits Program (November 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
Mutual of Omaha’s LTCI Marketing Credits Program gives you the opportunity to score marketing credits that can be used to help build your LTCi business. Start earning credits on your fifth LTCi app placed after November 1, 2014.
- Credits must be redeemed by March 31, 2016
- Mutual Sales Leaders in Rome! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Experience all that is Rome when you qualify for Mutual Sales Leaders in 2015! Your Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement and Simplified Issue Life sales can take you to the Eternal City where you’ll enjoy centuries of iconic achievements in Roman art and architecture. It’s the trip of a lifetime! Click here for complete details.
- Medicare Supplement Incentive (July 15 – September 15, 2015)
Sell at least two Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplements this summer and win a $50 or $100 Omaha Steaks Gift Card. Get eligibility rules and full details.
- Elite Producer Club – annuity incentive (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn up to 1% extra commission on all North American Fixed Index Annuities in 2015! Get complete details.
- 2016 Protective Life Sales Convention (July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016)
Make sure you’re taking advantage of the full qualification period for the Protective Life Sales Convention. Write your business today so by next May, you’ll be able to savor your success!Qualification Period: combined business from July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016.Qualification Rules: top 40 BGAs with a minimum of $1,000,000 net paid annualized life premium (NPAP). NPAP is defined in the Independent Agents Agreement each BGA holds with Protective Life.Minimum life count of 15 paid applications.No credit for Annuity or BOLI premium.Convention point credit will be given on excess premium at 6%
Summer Splash Bonus Program (June 15 – October 16, 2015)
This program gives you the opportunity to earn even more compensation on new PruLife Founders Plus UL business. Click here for complete details.
- Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. Click here for details.
- Breakaway Travel 2015! (February 1 – December 18, 2015)
Break Away returns for 2015 with more destinations and new opportunities to qualify! Click here for the producer rules & regulations.
- The Insurables! A Learn and Earn Promotion (June 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016)
The Insurables is a rewards-based program designed to engage and motivate producers to grow sales. Through a series of videos, producers are given the opportunity to learn more about key clients — The Insurables — as well as a chance to earn prizes and a 10 percent commission enhancement. Click here to start learning and earning. Please note: New York, Guam, Puerto Rico and non-U.S. business is excluded from the program. Get complete details!