Weekly Newsletter September 16, 2015
by CPG | Sep 16, 2015 | Newsletter
- Index Annuity 101 LIVE webinars
Click here to register. The webinars are held on Wednesday’s at 2:30 PM CT. A confirmation link to join will be emailed to you.
- September 16th – Understanding & Addressing Four Key Risks to Retirement
- September 23rd – A Guide to Index Annuities: A Solution for Growth and Income
FlexFit packages make long term care insurance easy-to-understand and to explain to clients. What’s important to your client — the amount of their premium or the amount of their coverage? With the answer to that simple question you can quickly select a package that meets their needs.
- Performance LTC Overview
Learn more about this exciting new product.
- LTC Rider & Class Match Program webinar
You will learn about the recently introduced LTC rider and the new Class Match program; which is launching on September 28, 2015.
Meeting #: 638 038 620 Password: snoopy15 Dial-in #: (800) 230-1059
- Annuity Prospecting & Sales Strategies
- Working with Widows Series
- Communicating With Widows
Knowing what to say-and what not to say-is one of the hardest parts of working with grieving clients. Find out how to handle communication from the wake to your one-on-one meetings.
- Three Stages of Widowhood
It is important to understand where your client is in her grief journey. Adjust your approach to help her make certain financial decisions when she is best able to make them.
- On-Demand Webinars
What you need to know about underwriting.
- Diabetes – View now.
- Financial Underwriting for Personal Insurance – view now
- Underwriting guidelines on Prostate/Colon Cancer – view now
- Respiratory Disease – view now
|CARRIER & INDUSTRY
- Express Mail services change
On September 8, all LGA UPS overnight deliveries switched to FedEx two-day air. In addition, LGA has leveraged their high-volume buying power to negotiate a FedEx savings advantage for you. Enrolling is easy.
- Enroll online with SOAR. The LGA passcode is NND6WQ.
- New website design
Visit the redesigned LGAmerica.com today! There are three different ways you can log in:
- Click on “For Professionals” at the top of every page or,
- Click on “Sign In” in the top right of every page
- In the footer, click on “Financial Professionals Log In”; this will allow you to log in to the Partner Dashboard
- Reg 60 Procedures – effective October 1st
William Penn Life Insurance Company of New York has implemented an easier, more streamlined procedure for replacements. The changes reflect an update to New York’s Regulation 60; which addresses the replacement of life insurance and annuity policies within the state. The new procedures now allow you to simultaneously submit the application and send the request for values to the replaced company, and LGA will begin underwriting. It will be a faster, smoother process for you and your client. Learn more.
- GA White Mountain Premier Partners Staff Symposium – registration is OPEN!
Concord, NH – October 19-21, 2015
This meeting is a can’t-miss for your staff; and it’s one of your key benefits of being a 2015 Premier Partners member. YOU are welcome to attend also! Attendees will network with Home Office staff from areas you do business with every day AND also with each other to share ideas and learn from their peers. From best practices panels to hands-on at the computer, this meeting will empower your staff with new ideas to ensure you are leveraging your Lincoln resources to your best advantage. Partners can email@example.com with any questions.
- Take action now!
A new proposal from the Department of Labor (DOL) could potentially impact millions of American retirement savers and their relationship with their financial professionals by imposing a fiduciary status on all financial professionals whose clients participate in qualified plans or own IRA’s. Protective Life fully supports of the goal of making sure financial professionals act in their clients’ best interest. But they believe the DOL has not fully assessed the serious and unintentional consequences of the proposed rule. Consequences such as:
- Limiting consumer choice in how they wish to provide for retirement
- Depriving many clients of personalized planning advice
- Applying multiple standards to single clients in multi-product relationships
The good news is, this situation can be remedied if the DOL will agree to slow down the action on this proposal and work with the Securities & Exchange Commission and FINRA – the regulatory experts in the field of investing – to develop a single standard of conduct that will better serve all of our clients. You can help make this happen bytaking action now to urge your members of Congress to stop this rule and instead advance a legislative alternative that protects consumers’ access to retirement advice, education and product solutions.
- Winning with Lifetime Foundation IUL and the Accelerated Access Rider
Get all the information you need about Lifetime Foundation IUL; see how it compares to the competition, and get the facts about the Accelerated Access Rider.
- Foreign National Underwriting
View the highlights to the enhanced Foreign National Underwriting Program.
- Less than your latte
Share the great video below from Life Happens with clients when you encounter the most common excuse for not buying insurance. More videos and other great content also available on AIG’s LIAM Page.
- New consumer approved resources for Value+ IUL Excess Funding
Learn how to leverage the Excess Funding feature to fund retirement savings and college expenses. View the sales scenario.
- Long-term care vs chronic illness benefits – white paper
How can retirees protect themselves against the risk of not having enough money to pay for long-term care services at some point in their lives? Take an in-depth look into the differences between LTC and chronic illness benefit options.
- The Index Institute
The following materials at the Index Institute have been updated.
- Rate Flyer: Asset Builder Index UL II
- Rate Flyer: Foundation Builder Index UL
- Brochure: Asset Builder Index UL II Producer Guide
- Brochure: Foundation Builder Index UL Producer Guide
- Colony Term LQR minimum face amount requirement reduced! – IMPORTANT
Effective September 14, 2015, all Colony Term applications with face amounts over $100,000 are now commission eligible when submitted through paper applications in addition to the Life Quick Request® (LQR) fulfillment platform. Read the bulletin.
- Share this video about the importance of life insurance
- Life Product Portfolio availability
View the availability chart.
- Life Insurance Awareness Month site
Show clients that life is what they make of it. Have your agents share this link with them.
- A client’s biggest asset often goes neglected
As one of the largest assets in a client’s portfolio, life insurance presents an unparalleled business opportunity. An impartial Life Insurance Policy Review is a great way to learn what clients really care about in their lives and who they want to protect. These discussions can be incorporated into initial planning, periodic reviews, or when significant life changes occur. Common triggers for a policy adjustment include:
– A change in marital status
– New home or children
– A career or business change
– A positive change in health
– Changes in tax law
To ensure coverages continue to meet client needs, a Policy Review should be conducted every 3 to 5 years. The proactive review alone, even when the result is to just stay the course, can help deepen relationships. Share these materials with your agents.
- Life Insurance Awareness Month – #LifeMyWay
In this and every month, MetLife is dedicated to educating individuals about all that life insurance can offer to help them make their way through life. Watch their video below – Making Your Way Through Life.
- Use words that work!
MetLife’s Long Term Care Acceleration of Death Benefit Rider (LTC ADBR) stacked on top their Promise Whole Life Portfolio provides the death benefit clients need AND the ability to cover long-term care costs many of them will encounter. Now you can make that message crystal clear by using Words That Work. By providing the language clients favorably respond to as well as the language to avoid, your client conversations will be much more rewarding.
- Premier Accumulator UL (PAUL)
- The Facts of Life: Life Insurance Awareness Month
Minnesota Life has assembled this assortment of materials to help you promote life insurance awareness year round.
- Advanced Perspectives newsletter
In this issue:
- Ask the Advanced Marketer
- Using Business Benchmark in your practice
- Living Promise provides affordable protection
Living Promise whole life insurance may help provide affordable protection that pays benefits directly to the person clients choose to take care of their outstanding medical bills, unexpected expenses or debt they may leave behind.
- Protect a childs future insurability
Have your agents use these sales solutions about grandparents and parents to explain to their clients the benefits of Children’s Whole Life Insurance.
- Simplify – with Guaranteed Universal Life Express
Guaranteed Universal Life Express provides solid protection with a simplified application process and a death benefit up to $300,000.
- Save time on term sales
A competitive term life insurance rate may not be a great deal if it requires a complicated process. With North American, clients get great rates and a simple process.
- Form changes for IUL products – update
Previously, you were informed that these forms were updated for only Rapid Builder IUL. However, it has been clarified that these forms are to be used with ALL of North American’s Indexed Universal Life products. This includes Builder IUL, Guarantee Builder IUL, Rapid Builder IUL and Survivor GIUL. Read the bulletin.
- Does this sound like your agents typical term sale?
Some life insurance agents would say …”I sold a term policy because it saved my client $2.37.” Show them a better alternative.
- Chronic Illness Plus Rider relieves client’s long-term care concerns
As clients get older, they may become more concerned about the financial effects of chronic illness and long-term care. You can’t plan for chronic illnesses, but you can help protect against their costs. The new Chronic Illness Plus Rider, available with Symetra UL-G, provides enhanced access to the policy’s death benefit-up to 100%- with flexible payment options, low premiums and high targets. This success story outlines how Symetra UL-G with Chronic Illness Plus provided the guaranteed life insurance a client needed, PLUS peace of mind for access should he need it.
- Gain Foreign Nationals Insights with the newest Insurables Learn and Earn Module
Are your agents selling life insurance to the lucrative Foreign Nationals market? If they currently do, or if they’re curious about the market, be sure to have them check out the newInsurables Foreign Nationals module. They’ll meet Mr. Li and watch a short video to learn sales tips while earning a chance at sweepstakes prizes and a 10% commission bonus on their next IUL sale. Please note: Selling agents in New York, Guam, Puerto Rico, those specializing in institutional sales and those located outside of the domestic U.S. are excluded from the program.
No bulletins to report this week.
- Enhanced withdrawal benefit being discontinued in MA & CT
Beginning October 19, 2015, the enhanced withdrawal benefit will no longer be available for SecureLiving Growth+ contracts in MA and CT for contracts with an application signed on or after that date. The enhanced withdrawal benefit will remain a benefit on previously issued contracts that contain the benefit.
- NAIC Suitability Model Regulation adopted in ME & TN
Read the bulletin.
- SecureLiving Income Provider rate increase – effective September 14th
View the rate flyers.
- NAIC Annuity Suitability Regulation for TN
View the regulations for Tennessee NAIC Annuity Suitability.
- Wealth Builder Plus Annuity
Get both account value growth and income benefit growth in one complete solution.
|LONG TERM CARE
- Overcome the old “use it or lose it” objections
Are your clients concerned they’ll never use a long term care insurance policy and may “lose” the money they pay into premiums? In this new case study, you’ll see how the new Refund of Premium up to age 65 benefit on Privileged Choice Flex 3 gives you a better response than ever before.
- Privileged Choice Flex and Privileged Choice Flex CA Partnership – updated
- The LTC Source – NEW!
The LTC Source is a new website for professionals looking to grow their LTC knowledge. It’s filled with tools based on Genworth’s 40+ years of LTC insurance industry experience to give you the expertise required to present personalized solutions.
- Performance LTC
Learn more about Performance LTC and request a launch kit.
- Brainshark training presentations
These 2 new training presentations provide all the insights needed for successful sales. (one-time registration required)
- Sign up for the Long-Term Care Solutions Sales Summit – October 27, 2015
John Hancock is proud to be a sponsor of the Long-Term Care Solutions Sales Summit being held in Washington D.C. on October 27, 2015. You can register for free access to informative live-stream sessions on the web by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 818-597-3205. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to hear the latest industry developments and trends.
- Why flexibility is important
It’s good to have choices; especially when it comes to a long term care insurance policy. That’s why it’s important to ensure the LTC policy provided to clients is flexible enough to meet their unique needs.
No bulletins to report this week.
- DI Choice at Work
Have your agents use these DI Choice at Work product brochures to help show employees the income protection provided by each of the three DI products available from Mutual of Omaha.
- Reassure Clients
When clients see Medicare open enrollment advertisements this fall, your agents can reassure them they don’t need to do a thing.
- Quote App for Smartphone
The Med sup quote app is being replaced with a new app that not only includes Med supp, but all Mutual of Omaha products. If you have the current Med sup app, you can download the new one now or continue using the current app until December 31, 2015 before switching.
- Rate adjustments in 5 states
View the rate adjustments for Modernized in-force only on United Mississippi; Standardized Mutual Colorado, Delaware and Missouri Group; and Plan N United World Kansas.
- 10% Bonus Commission on Value+ IUL (June 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn an extra 10% BONUS COMMISSION on Value+ IUL policies paid between June 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- NO thresholds to meet
- NO tiered payouts
- NO maximums
- No restrictions on how the extra commission is used- for example, you may wish to share all or part of the bonus with your producers, creating an incentive program of your own.
- 2016 Marketing Conference in Hawaii (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
The top 80 qualifiers and their guest will be invited to enjoy six days and five nights at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Click here for complete details.
- 2016 LFN Convention in The Bahamas! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Indulge in the beauty and splendor of the brand-new, ultra-extravagant Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar in the Bahamas. LFN qualifiers will enjoy the sun-drenched sand and surf, as well as one of the islands most beautiful and challenging 18-hole golf courses. Get qualification detailshere.
- 2016 LFN Summit in Prague, CZ (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Set your sights on the crown jewel of Eastern Europe as we head to Prague, Czech Republic. The exquisite Four Seasons Prague will host our qualifiers in a luxurious setting overlooking the famed Charles Bridge. Get qualification details here.
- DI Growth Challenge – Part II (July 1 – December 31, 2015)
Increase your MetLife DI premium by 15% and receive a cash bonus of 6%. Get complete details.
- LTCI Marketing Credits Program (November 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
Mutual of Omaha’s LTCI Marketing Credits Program gives you the opportunity to score marketing credits that can be used to help build your LTCi business. Start earning credits on your fifth LTCi app placed after November 1, 2014.
- Credits must be redeemed by March 31, 2016
- Mutual Sales Leaders in Rome! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Experience all that is Rome when you qualify for Mutual Sales Leaders in 2015! Your Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement and Simplified Issue Life sales can take you to the Eternal City where you’ll enjoy centuries of iconic achievements in Roman art and architecture. It’s the trip of a lifetime! Click here for complete details.
- Elite Producer Club – annuity incentive (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn up to 1% extra commission on all North American Fixed Index Annuities in 2015! Get complete details.
- 2016 Protective Life Sales Convention (July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016)
Make sure you’re taking advantage of the full qualification period for the Protective Life Sales Convention. Write your business today so by next May, you’ll be able to savor your success!Qualification Period: combined business from July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016.Qualification Rules: top 40 BGAs with a minimum of $1,000,000 net paid annualized life premium (NPAP). NPAP is defined in the Independent Agents Agreement each BGA holds with Protective Life.Minimum life count of 15 paid applications.No credit for Annuity or BOLI premium.Convention point credit will be given on excess premium at 6%
Summer Splash Bonus Program (June 15 – October 16, 2015)
This program gives you the opportunity to earn even more compensation on new PruLife Founders Plus UL business. Click here for complete details.
- Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. Click here for details.
- Breakaway Travel 2015! (February 1 – December 18, 2015)
Break Away returns for 2015 with more destinations and new opportunities to qualify! Click here for the producer rules & regulations.
- The Insurables! A Learn and Earn Promotion (June 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016)
The Insurables is a rewards-based program designed to engage and motivate producers to grow sales. Through a series of videos, producers are given the opportunity to learn more about key clients — The Insurables — as well as a chance to earn prizes and a 10 percent commission enhancement. Click here to start learning and earning. Please note: New York, Guam, Puerto Rico and non-U.S. business is excluded from the program. Get complete details!