- Annuity Webinar Schedule
Get the schedule and registration instructions. Webinars are held at 1:00 PM CT.
Dial-In #: 888-535-6454 Access Code: 8123535
- November 4th – ML Strategic Balanced Index
- Exclusive AIG Index that offers upside potential while smoothing out market volatility.
- How to position for your clients?
- November 18th – QLAC Overview
- Learn more about the NEW Qualified Longevity Annuity Contract (QLAC) with the American Pathway Deferred Income Annuity.
- QLAC may be a good option for your clients.
- Life Insurance Webinar Schedule
Get the schedule and registration instructions. Webinars are held at 1:00 PM CT.
For details on each session, click here. Dial-In #: 888-535-6454 Access Code: 8123535
- November 5th – eStation Website Overview- Part 1
- November 12th – eStation Website Overview – Part 2
- November 19th – AG Select-a-Term
- December 3rd – AG Quick Ticket
- December 10th – Optionality Microsite Review
- Index Annuity 101 LIVE webinars
Click here to register. The webinars are held on Wednesday’s at 2:30 PM CT. A confirmation link to join will be emailed to you.
- October 28th – A Look Inside Index Annuities – The Mechanics of How They Work
- November 4th – Building Guaranteed Lifetime Income with Index Annuity Income Riders
- November 11th – Understanding and Addressing Four Key Risks to Retirement
- November 18th – A Guide to Index Annuities: A Solution for Growth and Income
- Exploring Long Term Care Options
Learn how to effectively use “combo” products to provide for your clients Long Term Care needs. On this call, he will focus on utilizing Indexed Universal Life and Linked Benefits to maximize protection for consumers.
- Long Term Care: Guiding Clients Through the New Landscape
With National Long-Term Care Awareness Month approaching, the Insured Retirement Institute (IRI) has partnered with Lincoln Financial to host a complimentary continuing education (CE) webinar for financial professionals focused on the consumer need for long-term care coverage and the impact the cost of care can have on clients. Panelists will discuss the range of solutions available, such as traditional and hybrid types, and offer guidance on how to engage clients on this important yet challenging topic.
- Change the Subject to Long Term Care
This sales theme provides the tools you need to comfortably change the subject from investment risk to LTC planning.
- Income Guard California Webinar:
Tricks (and Treats) for Targeting the Medical Market – REPLAY
Get product detailsl Learn the ideal target audience in the medical and non-medical occupations, view industry premium comparisons, discover the discounts available and receive a new application & underwriting overview. Click here for the replay.
- Working with Couples Webinars:
You, Bill and Jane…and a conversation about money.
What could possibly go wrong?
If the answer makes you uneasy, we have a pair of webinars to help you focus on building more effective relationships with your couple clients.
- October 28th from 3:00 – 4:00 PM CT – Register here.
The Financially Fit Couple:
Engaging Both Partners to Ensure Greater Success
Attend and learn:
- 5 Reasons for being couple-friendly
- Why you need both partners at the meeting, and how to get them there
- Balancing the conversation
- November 11th from 3:00 – 4:00 PM CT – Register here.
Don’t Get Stuck in the Middle:
Mediating Financial Differences and Resolving Conflicts with Couples
Attend and learn:
- How to avoid 3 common traps when working with couples
- The most common myths about couples, conflict and money
- Tools for engaging partners in healthy money talk
- On-Demand Webinars
What you need to know about underwriting.
- Diabetes – View now.
- Financial Underwriting for Personal Insurance – view now
- Underwriting guidelines on Prostate/Colon Cancer – view now
- Respiratory Disease – view now
- Underwriting for Anxiety and Mood Disorders – view now
- Breast Cancer – view now
|2015 YEAR-END DEADLINES
|CARRIER & INDUSTRY
- State Replacement Regulations for all insurance products
- LTC vs CI Rider
Access the most downloaded sales idea from The Index Institute…Long Term Care vs Chronic Illness rider. This sales idea will provide you with an understanding of:
- Core differences between the riders
- When and why each rider will or will not accelerate a death benefit payment
- Potential income tax implications of each payment method
- Colony Term LQR minimum face amount requirement reduced to $100K –reminder
All Colony Term applications with face amounts over $100,000 can be submitted through paper applications in addition to the Life Quick Request (LQR) fulfillment platform. Learn more.
- Lincoln Leader – October 19th edition
In this issue:
- 2015 Underwriting & New Business Year-End Commitment & Guidelines
- Reinstatement or Change Application – update
- Types of Acceptable Payments – reminder
- Treasury Indexed UL closed to new sales – effective October 30th
- 4th Quarter Underwriting Program
The MetLife Class Match Program may double your client’s existing policy, whether it’s with MetLife or another eligible carrier. Act now! This program is only available until December 31, 2015.
- Occupation Class upgrades
See what’s new.
- Underwriting Fatty Liver
Read the article.
- College Funding or Life Insurance – families no longer have to decide
Do clients feel they have to decide between providing for their family’s protection or paying for college? Not with life insurance. Learn how life insurance can play an integral role in a clients’ college funding strategy.
- Term Life Answers
Term Life Answers affordably protects families and temporary needs with competitive pricing paired with age last birthday.
- Liberal conversion opportunities
Help clients get the most out of their term policies with term conversion opportunities that benefit both your agents and their clients.
- Fit Underwriting Credit Program
The Fit Underwriting Credit Program offers extra mortality credits for individuals who are mildly or moderately rated but have positive health factors.
- Accelerated Death Benefit Rider
Take a look at the Accelerated Death Benefit Rider and see how your agents can use it to help their clients receive some of the highest benefit amounts in the industry.
- ROP Term vs GUL w/a GRO Rider
The Guaranteed Universal Life (GUL) product with the Guaranteed Refund Option (GRO) rider might be a better and more cost-effective fit than ROP Term for a clients’ portfolio. Learn about the differences.
- Your one-stop life insurance marketing shop
From brochures to videos, access the latest educational and marketing materials…even on the go! Discover these resources at your fingertips:
Watch the “How To Use North American’s Marketing Website” video below!
- Custom Choice UL rate decreases
Effective October 26, 2015, initial level benefit periods ranging between 10-20 years had a 2% premium decrease for Non-Tobacco, Preferred and Select Preferred rate classes. This change will allow you to offer greater value for clients at many face amounts and level death benefit periods. The following transition rules will apply for paper applications and electronic submissions:
- The new rates are now available for quoting, submitting applications and issuing policies in all states that are currently approved for the product.
- All applicable Custom Choice UL applications already in underwriting will receive the new lower rate, when applicable, if the policy is issued on or after October 26, 2015.
- All applicable Custom Choice UL applications received on or after October 26, 2015 will be processed with the new rates.
- Total Living Coverage credited interest rate change
- New annuity suitability requirements for ME & TN
Read the bulletin.
- American Pathway Immediate Annuity
The American Pathway Immediate Annuity can help your clients get the same income at a significantly lower cost in certain income replacement strategies.
- Listen to the CALL REPLAY about the ML Strategic Balanced Index
You can listen to the replay and hear an expert from Bank of America Merrill Lynch discuss how the approach of the ML Strategic Balanced Index can create stability and growth opportunities. Call (888) 286-8010 and use Access Code: 85839832.
- Annuity rates for October
View them now.
- Palladium Multi-Year Guarantee (MYG) Single Premium Fixed Deferred Annuity
Get details on this great product.
- Benefit 10
Learn how the Athene Benefit 10 can help clients satisfy RMDs, and leave as much money as possible for your client’s future needs, and for those they care about.
- Uncapped Volatility Control Spread Strategy – NEW!
The new volatility control spread strategy using the Barclays US Low Volatility II Equity ER Index became available on October 19, 2015. Learn more.
- CapMax Index Crediting Strategy – discontinued
On October 19, 2015, the CapMax index crediting strategy was discontinued for new sales of SecureLiving index annuity contracts. Where applicable, CapMax will remain available on previously issued contracts.
- Enhanced withdrawal benefit discontinued in MA & CT
On October 19, 2015 the enhanced withdrawal benefit was discontinued for new SecureLiving Growth+ contracts in Massachusetts and Connecticut. The enhanced withdrawal benefit will remain a benefit on previously issued contracts that contain the benefit.
- Annuity rates
View the updated flyers.
- Interstate Compact Policy for Ultra-Secure Plus approved in OR – effective November 1st
Read the bulletin.
- Deferred Income Protector approved in CA – effective November 1st
Read the bulletin.
- Rate update – effective October 28th
Click here for details, transition rules and the new rates.
|LONG TERM CARE
- Privileged Choice Flex 3 – updates effective November 16th
- Talking about the future just got easier
If your clients are like most people, they aren’t thinking or talking about the financial and emotional aspects of long term care needs. The Let’s Talk suite of educational materialsprovides tools that include conversation starters and how to overcome objections. Help your clients address the importance of planning and taking care of what matters most. Help them start a long term care conversation today.
- The LTC Source
Visit the newly launched LTC Source to learn more about LTC Funding Solutions; including long term care insurance, life insurance, and annuities.
- Performance LTC
- Overview Brochure – NEW!
This envelope-sized Performance LTC Overview Brochure will help you create interest in Performance LTC by providing your clients with a high-level overview of the product, including how the Flex Account feature works. It’s perfect for use at seminars, or as a leave behind in offices.
- Signed illustration process
John Hancock currently requires a signed illustration with every Performance LTC application. Review the highlights about the process.
- Leadership Brochure –updated
This updated Leadership Brochure that highlights our many strengths and underscores all of the advantages of partnering with John Hancock.
- Rate adjustment in KY – effective January 1st
A premium rate increase will be implemented on the LTC06UI block of business in Kentucky on January 1, 2016.
No bulletins to report this week.
- New low rates in NH
- Consumer online application now available in AR
- Improving the customer experience
Mutual of Omaha’s Customer Contact Center has made enhancements to better serve your agents and their Medicare supplement clients when it comes to premium rate changes.
- 6 Med Supp e-App Features You Couldn’t Live Without
- Producer and applicant sign once to cover all forms
- Validates Medicare eligibility and GI information
- Foolproof e-Apps are always complete and accurate
- Upload proof of GI situation to the application
- Select medications and dosages from list
- Multiple signature options for any situation
- 10% Bonus Commission on Value+ IUL (June 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn an extra 10% BONUS COMMISSION on Value+ IUL policies paid between June 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- NO thresholds to meet
- NO tiered payouts
- NO maximums
- No restrictions on how the extra commission is used- for example, you may wish to share all or part of the bonus with your producers, creating an incentive program of your own.
- 2016 Marketing Conference in Hawaii (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
The top 80 qualifiers and their guest will be invited to enjoy six days and five nights at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Click here for complete details.
- 2016 LFN Convention in The Bahamas! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Indulge in the beauty and splendor of the brand-new, ultra-extravagant Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar in the Bahamas. LFN qualifiers will enjoy the sun-drenched sand and surf, as well as one of the islands most beautiful and challenging 18-hole golf courses. Get qualification detailshere.
- 2016 LFN Summit in Prague, CZ (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Set your sights on the crown jewel of Eastern Europe as we head to Prague, Czech Republic. The exquisite Four Seasons Prague will host our qualifiers in a luxurious setting overlooking the famed Charles Bridge. Get qualification details here.
- DI Growth Challenge – Part II (July 1 – December 31, 2015)
Increase your MetLife DI premium by 15% and receive a cash bonus of 6%. Get complete details.
- LTCI Marketing Credits Program (November 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
Mutual of Omaha’s LTCI Marketing Credits Program gives you the opportunity to score marketing credits that can be used to help build your LTCi business. Start earning credits on your fifth LTCi app placed after November 1, 2014.
- Credits must be redeemed by March 31, 2016
- Mutual Sales Leaders in Rome! (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Experience all that is Rome when you qualify for Mutual Sales Leaders in 2015! Your Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement and Simplified Issue Life sales can take you to the Eternal City where you’ll enjoy centuries of iconic achievements in Roman art and architecture. It’s the trip of a lifetime! Click here for complete details.
- Elite Producer Club – annuity incentive (January 1 – December 31, 2015)
Earn up to 1% extra commission on all North American Fixed Index Annuities in 2015! Get complete details.
- 2016 Protective Life Sales Convention (July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016)
Make sure you’re taking advantage of the full qualification period for the Protective Life Sales Convention. Write your business today so by next May, you’ll be able to savor your success!Qualification Period: combined business from July 1, 2014 – January 1, 2016.Qualification Rules: top 40 BGAs with a minimum of $1,000,000 net paid annualized life premium (NPAP). NPAP is defined in the Independent Agents Agreement each BGA holds with Protective Life.Minimum life count of 15 paid applications.No credit for Annuity or BOLI premium.Convention point credit will be given on excess premium at 6%
- Founders PLus Bonus Program (EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2015)
This means you have another three months to earn an additional 20% bonus compensation on all new PruLife Founders Plus UL business you place. Click here for complete details.
- Leading Distributors Convention in Barcelona (January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2015)
This is your opportunity to experience one of the world’s top destinations in an entirely unique way-the Transamerica way! Sun-filled days, exciting nightlife, and the breathtaking beauty of Barcelona await, when you qualify for the 2016 convention – held May 11-15, 2016. Click here for details.
- Breakaway Travel 2015! (February 1 – December 18, 2015)
Break Away returns for 2015 with more destinations and new opportunities to qualify! Click here for the producer rules & regulations.
- The Insurables! A Learn and Earn Promotion (June 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016)
The Insurables is a rewards-based program designed to engage and motivate producers to grow sales. Through a series of videos, producers are given the opportunity to learn more about key clients — The Insurables — as well as a chance to earn prizes and a 10 percent commission enhancement. Click here to start learning and earning. Please note: New York, Guam, Puerto Rico and non-U.S. business is excluded from the program. Get complete details!